Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vaeryx

Subverting the Patriarchal Paradigm

Borimere felt a creeping dread crawl up his spine. "GWEN!", he called, "where did you hide the twins?!".  Gwen turned away from her work to face her father, though she didn't look worried. "Father, relax. I had the twins hide around the next bend, they're fine.", sounding quite sure of herself, albeit a little winded.

Breathing a sigh of relief Borimere marched to where his said the twins were hiding. He turned the bend, but it was bare. No sign of the twins anywhere. "Shawn? Sara?" He called, with no response. His dread returned, and he was about to dash down the tunnel when he heard a noise.  A tiny noise, most would not have heard or ignored but Borimere was one who did not overlook the small things.  He turned towards the source of the noise, an odd rock formation lying against the tunnel wall.

Borimere smiled and chuckled, "Shawn, get up. We need to get going." and just like that the rock (cloak) unfurled revealing Shawn who was disappointed in being caught. His sister, who was just prior a protrusion from the wall, quickly revealed herself looking smug.  Borimere saw where this was going and quickly stopped it, "I'm glad to see your stealth is improving, but now I need you two to get me the bags.  Lets get going."  Giggling with pride, the twins picked up the bags (also disguised as rocks) passed them to Borimere, and followed him to join the others.

Kieran quickly grabbed his bow and trotted over towards the others and the portal, he let out a sigh of relief as the twins had turned up unharmed. A warm smile seemed to stretch across Kieran's face as he realized everyone remained mostly safe, however he was aware of the imminent danger. "Everyone, into the portal! Now!" he barked at the others, time was running out and Kieran was waiting on them, so that he could guarantee the group's safety.

His gaze turned towards Tayeko, she didn't seem in as much of a hurry to leave as her orders implied. "That means you as well, I have no intention of leaving until your safe." From the look in Kieran's eyes, he was dead serious about this. Patiently waiting for the others, he stood next to Tayeko, waving his hands at the others, beckoning them to come.

Edited by Hunter64

Tayeko grinned as she grabbed onto Kieran's arms

"Of course my love, but your coming with me, my king!" she yelled as she yanked Kieran through using her incredible strength. When everyone landed, one man stood on the other side. He was a tall man in black armour, he stood at 7 foot tall (210 CM) and looked imposing. He removed his helmet and knelt, revealing that he was an Elf with long white hair. He smiled as he said "The Ishari are glad to see your arrival, my lady...And yours as well, my lord. However, who are the new ones? Uninvited guests?" the Ishari drew his sword, not pointing it at anyone, just getting ready.

"No, no, they are friends...Invited ones at that. You shall not harm them." Tayeko said with authority.

"As you wish, my lady...I will inform the others that we have new arrivals." the Ishari walked of.

Kaeari scanned their surroundings. A tall Elf with long hair stood before them. They were in an Elvish palace, the end of a long hallway.

Kaeari flopped down onto a chair. She looked up at the others. "Well, we didn't find my brother, we got attacked by Orcs, we are now in a beautiful, albeit, slightly cold 'Ishari' palace and I am tired... I don't know about you people but I need a drink..." Kaeari smirked. 

Edited by Vaeryx

"Ahh, you don't know the Ishari, Kaeari but you are one...The Ishari are the first people who pledged loyalty to Hellspires. They are the finest of us and some of the greatest wizards, warriors and diplomats we have to offer. This palace is a part of Hellspires, in fact it is just a few streets away from the Tower that you are so used to. The palace here has all the drinks you will need. Come, let us get drunk and merry!"

Tayeko smiled as she offered her hand to Kieran "Coming or are you too tired?"

Borimere ushered his family through the portal, though the twins were somewhat reluctant.  With some gentle encouragement and a something about troll snot, the twins leaped through the portal with a squeak with Borimere bringing up the rear.  They, Borimere, his family, Kaeari and Kaeari's companions, landed in a small clearing next a paved road.  Standing there waiting for them was a solitary imposing figure. A Knight clad in black armour, standing a foot taller than Borimere.

The knight kneeled before Tayeko, removing his helmet, and spoke a greeting befitting a queen. *So she's a queen after all*  he thought, *and this guy is her King?* looking at Kieran, unimpressed.  He shook his head "bah, he doesn't need to prove anything to me, he's not covering my back." he spoke to himself.  it was then that he noticed the Ishari (the black clad knight) turn his attention towards Borimere and his family.  Seeing the Ishari draw his sword, Borimere instinctively reached for his, but he relaxed his hold when Tayeko talked the large elf down and sent him away. He then heard her talk of drink, and after their little scrap he could go for some ale.  Then Borimere felt a tug on his cloak, looking down he saw Shawn and Sara gripping his cloak looking up at him with tired, puppy eyes.

"Papa, where are going to stay now?" Sara asked.

Borimere sighed, "Well, that depends."

"On what?" Shawn inquired.

"On whether Tayeko has a place for us and is willing to let us stay there."

{That's right, i'm not above using the puppy eyes! XD btw, where exactly are we? just outside a city/castle? in forest? Farm? Field? just for sake of reference}

Edited by Nait551

"You are always welcome in my kingdom. I have some spare houses, you may live in one just next to the grand tower of Hellspires. The tower is a place where we all meet for arena fights, tournaments, magical studies and other such things. You will be bathed in greatness, I can assure you of that."

Tayeko said as she walked towards a bar, smiling

(for context, inside the city walls, heading towards a bar, two streets from the tower)