Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Basically, I hope to run Crowfall on my laptop that has

Quad Core 1.8 Ghz

2GB Ram

Intel HD Graphics card (I know it's pretty pathetic but it can run skyrim on high options)

I hope the game will be well optimized ;____;

I think you could possibly be fine if anything you won't be running on highest settings. MMOs are a little more stressful on PCs than single players. Then again we aren't really aware of all the settings and details but Skyrim is a nice looking game. Maybe considering slowly buying parts to build your own PC. If done right you can do it on a budget.

Edited by Laughter

Server/client/engine design and netcode are probably going to be the performance challenge. Lag from scores of players in a small area has been hard for every MMO.

nAd1VPD.png

"Agelmar is King of the Hypocrites and Ruler of the Kingdom of Hypocrytia"

Honestly, Planetside 2 manages to have an FPS with 100s of people in one area - and that game looks pretty good, and runs very well.

Pretty sure we're at the point where we can have a decent sized siege without performance issues, I don't think that's much of an excuse at this point.

If SOE can do that with a twitch based FPS - then it should be more than doable for an 'traditional' MMO.

Honestly, Planetside 2 manages to have an FPS with 100s of people in one area - and that game looks pretty good, and runs very well.

Pretty sure we're at the point where we can have a decent sized siege without performance issues, I don't think that's much of an excuse at this point.

If SOE can do that with a twitch based FPS - then it should be more than doable for an 'traditional' MMO.

With the core of the game design working this way then hopefully it can.

nAd1VPD.png

"Agelmar is King of the Hypocrites and Ruler of the Kingdom of Hypocrytia"

Quad Core 1.8 Ghz

2GB Ram

Intel HD Graphics card (I know it's pretty pathetic but it can run skyrim on high options)

That's very little Ram.  I'd look to boost it before attempting to run a game with seiging and open PVP aspects.  Lagging at the wrong moment could mean death.   

cmurder%20sig_zpsaq2rwphh.jpg

That's very little Ram.  I'd look to boost it before attempting to run a game with seiging and open PVP aspects.  Lagging at the wrong moment could mean death.   

Definitely, you can get 4gb of ram for what? £30/$45 around about. If you need help picking out parts and stuff, feel free to post and we can all help you, whatever the budget. :3

Last Call (A community guild for friendly peoples waiting out for CrowFall :P): http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/888-last-call-a-community-for-friendly-people/

Definitely, you can get 4gb of ram for what? £30/$45 around about. If you need help picking out parts and stuff, feel free to post and we can all help you, whatever the budget. :3

I totally agree.  Let us know your specs and budget, and we can help you out.

cmurder%20sig_zpsaq2rwphh.jpg

I second (third?) the tip to upgrade your RAM. On a laptop, it's about all you can actually upgrade. Definitely go to 4Gb, more if you have a 64 bit OS.

Quad Core 1.8 Ghz

2GB Ram

As everyone has said, 2GB of ram isn't going to be nearly enough. My build right now has 8GB and it's barely enough for more intricate games.

Also, what graphics chip do you have? The 4400?

Pm4QhLs.png