Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Founders' Update: Future stretch goals - Official discussion thread

Layaway? Crowfall just turned into Crowmart, err C-Mart.

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!  :)

It's a good idea though, for sure.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

Congratulations on the capital raise, I know how much work those take!

Also good move getting into the Asian market as well.

Good luck with your financial success going forward. Hoping to see this vaporware come into fruition soon!

I really like the layaway idea. I have been wanting to upgrade to sapphire but I really didn't feel like dropping another $310 on this, but putting say $50 a month on it feels much more reasonable.

I read that the next stretch goal is going to be paying for localization expenses for the game/website/news.  I'm a little confused by this and IF, which might be a big if, you can explain it. I'd value the insight.

Stretch Goals have unto this point been directly beneficial to the players thus increasing their desire to donate initially, but then to continue to buy new packages and products.  The inclusion of rulesets and archetypes and additional assistance for developing the game more quickly.  From what I am understanding from today's announcement, the upcoming stretch goal is now informing the population here (70% US/CAN) that any funds donated until the completion of the goal are going to cover the expenses for people we will likely never interact with?

From my uninformed and uneducated position, this appears to be a goal to directly benefit ACE, not the existing community.  IE, a company goal, not a community goal.  Obviously indirect benefits are ACE grows the community by expanding into the other markets and thus increases your rate of revenue generation.  Directly though, this feels like piggybacking off the donations of US/CAN members to support building other communities that have little impact no us as a whole.

I 100% understand the need for the goal, but would it not be a better solution to paint a different picture with a stretch goal that directly impacts US players which would be more encouraging of donations/purchases?  Maybe simultaneous stretch goals for domestic and foreign contributors?

Just a marketing question I guess.

I like bringing the asians into the fold. Make sure you say "shadowbane" (maku in chinese I think) because the Chinese loved the crap out of that game.

Question on the layaway. I asked in slack but I guess that's pretty selfish of me...

So: What if someone puts a Sapphire on layaway which has Alpha 1 access attached. They pay the 15% down, throw it on a 12+ month term. Alpha 1 launches a few months down the road, do they get to play?

Is there a completion percentage assigned to be able to play?

A monetary amount which equals Alpha 1 access they need to meet?

They're automatically in?

Same with reserve a character name, guild name, etc?

Just curious.

I read that the next stretch goal is going to be paying for localization expenses for the game/website/news.  I'm a little confused by this and IF, which might be a big if, you can explain it. I'd value the insight.

Stretch Goals have unto this point been directly beneficial to the players thus increasing their desire to donate initially, but then to continue to buy new packages and products.  The inclusion of rulesets and archetypes and additional assistance for developing the game more quickly.  From what I am understanding from today's announcement, the upcoming stretch goal is now informing the population here (70% US/CAN) that any funds donated until the completion of the goal are going to cover the expenses for people we will likely never interact with?

From my uninformed and uneducated position, this appears to be a goal to directly benefit ACE, not the existing community.  IE, a company goal, not a community goal.  Obviously indirect benefits are ACE grows the community by expanding into the other markets and thus increases your rate of revenue generation.  Directly though, this feels like piggybacking off the donations of US/CAN members to support building other communities that have little impact no us as a whole.

I 100% understand the need for the goal, but would it not be a better solution to paint a different picture with a stretch goal that directly impacts US players which would be more encouraging of donations/purchases?  Maybe simultaneous stretch goals for domestic and foreign contributors?

Just a marketing question I guess.

More people playing the game means more people paying for the game, which is in fact beneficial to everyone. Directly or indirectly it doesn't matter. ACE getting more players across the globe by doing more localization is the bottom line here. Just sounds kind of selfish to not care about a stretch goal if it doesn't have some kind of direct and immediate effect to you.

I like bringing the asians into the fold. Make sure you say "shadowbane" (maku in chinese I think) because the Chinese loved the crap out of that game.

Question on the layaway. I asked in slack but I guess that's pretty selfish of me...

So: What if someone puts a Sapphire on layaway which has Alpha 1 access attached. They pay the 15% down, throw it on a 12+ month term. Alpha 1 launches a few months down the road, do they get to play?

Is there a completion percentage assigned to be able to play?

A monetary amount which equals Alpha 1 access they need to meet?

They're automatically in?

Same with reserve a character name, guild name, etc?

Just curious.

tyrant [5:47 PM] 
@headlight: you get testing on purchase of a package, not laying it away
Edited by scribbles

[@--(o.O)@]

More people playing the game means more people paying for the game, which is in fact beneficial to everyone. Directly or indirectly it doesn't matter. ACE getting more players across the globe by doing more localization is the bottom line here. Just sounds kind of selfish to not care about a stretch goal if it doesn't have some kind of direct and immediate effect to you.

Being selfish with my money is what you expect out of everyone.  They have tiers of KS levels, which were not donation, to encourage people to give them more money.  We're talking about contributions, with specific rewards being granted.  I didn't donate as much as I did just so they could live their dream and build the game they wanted because I believed in them.  That would be irresponsible management of finances in my situation.  Instead I gave them my money because they showed what it was going to get me, and I believe in them.

Now, as someone who is trying to advertise the newest stretch goal, which most of us could only do to US/CAN friends, how do you pitch this to them in a way that would encourage them to spend a little more?  "It will make ACE more money!"?  There is no direct benefit to contributors in the US, outside of what you and I listed above which are indirect benefits.

As a business decision, I 100% agree with the need for this goal and the dedication of resources toward it, but listing it as a stretch goal seems like a waste of marketing potential considering the current circles aware of CF.

ALL that said, I don't know their reasons behind it, so that's why I've asked as it will at least potentially help me pitch this stretch goal to new potential backers.

Edited by valor

Just quadruple the custard staff and build this custard game.

Thank you.

That's not how game development works, or programming in general. For art maybe but not for coding.

GWH5xXf.jpg?1

,,...You get killed over and over again, that doesn't mean the game is unbalanced - it means that You are a bad player" -JTC

The current circles aware of CF are small... making the circles bigger helps the game.  Like any other stretch goal it doesn't apply to everyone and those that see fit to support the company can do so, and those that don't want to can choose not to.

Maybe some really competitive gamers want the asian regions brought into the fold as they may produce a more competitive environment, maybe that's really important to a random person.  Just like maybe the shadows band was important to random people but not to everyone. 

People just gotta realize that crowfall is bigger than their own personal desires and look at what ACE is trying to do. 

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Gonna have to agree with Valor here. The notion that subsequent backers in the US are contributing towards a global strategy for Crowfall is hard to understand.

Why not simply Kickstart the game in Japan/Asia to see if its even worthwhile launching this game over there. 

The stretch goals to date have been pretty underwhelming. Not sure why localization in a foreign language would get us excited in the US. Why not push off launching your product in a foreign market once you've actually developed the game fully? It clearly is a viable alternative to trying to launch globally all at once. Despite the game being a big turd, Archeage did a similar strategy. 

This desire to launch the game simultaneously in multiple markets sounds like a gamble. Why not just focus on the US market first (the one that likely contributed the lion's share of your Kickstarter funds)? Not sure what the rush is for in a global strategy.

Obsidian-ForumSignature.jpg