Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How can one be fully sufficient in the Eternal Kingdoms

fauzool

I'm curious as to if someone wanted to do be strictly In the Eternal Kingdoms what would one do? You couldn't really get resources how could you be full sufficient only in Eternal Kingdoms? They said it could be done if one wanted, but I'm trying to get the bigger picture about it.

The only resource faucet into the EKs is campaign exports. So, you're going to have to either go campaigning yourself, or get resources by trading with other players who did. But the question then becomes, what do you have to trade? Maybe you have some specialized skill or talent that you can earn resources with- maybe you can photoshop signature images really well, or are an amazing EK internal designer, or who knows what. Or maybe you just buy a bunch of VIP tickets from the cash shop and trade those for resources. Maybe once you have some seed resources your merchanting skills allow you to turn that wealth into a giant commercial empire.

Realistically though, the vast majority of people who want to build up their EKs are going to have to go into the campaigns to get the materials themselves- and since there's not much to do in the EKs besides look at the pretty houses, you'll probably want to get into some campaigns anyway. Buying Crowfall just to fool around in the EKs would be like buying Diablo 3 just so you can chat on battle.net.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Ah alright guys I was just curious since it was brought up in a video. I don't plan on just doing EKs just kinda good to know it's an option if I wanted a break from campaigns

Thank you

Maybe not self sufficient i think that would cost pretty much time and real money to get where you want. But it could work with a guild, in which 10 people are campaigning and someone stays in the Kingdom, using the materials to craft, buy vendors or buying land in other kingdom and share the wealth (money, gear, food etc.) with the guild mates. 

But i dont know if there is enough to do in the EK to be there all the time. But i imagine some kind of diplomacy and interaction with others to get land and vendors in their kingdom. So it could really be fun.

In conclusio i guess this game will be pretty hard if you play just on your own, either you play PvP or in EK

PQh9UPL.png

Maybe not self sufficient i think that would cost pretty much time and real money to get where you want. But it could work with a guild, in which 10 people are campaigning and someone stays in the Kingdom, using the materials to craft, buy vendors or buying land in other kingdom and share the wealth (money, gear, food etc.) with the guild mates. 

But i dont know if there is enough to do in the EK to be there all the time. But i imagine some kind of diplomacy and interaction with others to get land and vendors in their kingdom. So it could really be fun.

In conclusio i guess this game will be pretty hard if you play just on your own, either you play PvP or in EK

The bolded part is the part I simply will never understand.  WHY not do both?   The CW's are the core of the game ( the heart ) and the EK's are the game service.  Fluff but Fun to some )   I think it has been stated many times the game IS possible to be played as a solo player but difficult to do so and not to the full extent.  Why not at least try to enjoy both.  You might meet some folks you can join up with and form a group.  And then play the entire game :)

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

Oh i will do so. I will have 2 characters, one reigning in the EK and one PvPing.

The last sentence was meant to say, that i think CW is that kind of a game, where you have to group up, to really enjoy every bit of it. Actually, like you said it :)

PQh9UPL.png

You couldn't really get resources how could you be full sufficient only in Eternal Kingdoms?

I suppose a good idea is "buy cheap and sell for more".

CW heroes want to sell their resources to free space in their account bank (and store new resources arriving from Embargo).

Some players or guids want to have resource and craft a new object or building.

I'm not sure this scenary is in the future of CF, but in a player driven economy it is surely possible.

Catelyn: War will make them old, as it did us. I pity them.
Mathis: Why? Look at them. They're young and strong, full of life and laughter. And lust, aye, more lust than they know what to do with. There will be many a bastard bred this night, I promise you. Why pity?
Catelyn: Because it will not last. Because they are the knights of summer, and winter is coming.

A Clash of Kings, Chapter 22, Catelyn II.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crowfall Discord Channels: international (english) - italiano

Where did you get your seed money from for "buying cheap", if not by campaigning?

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

maybe from leasing land?

Popping in here as the thought process I'm seeing in your posts in this thread is one I've experienced myself (except that you seem to be working through it a lot faster than I did :-).

The EK's and the CW's are both sandbox experiences and so player actions matter as they create the actual content of the game.  However there are some basic rules in place that seem to be designed to make sure that the CW's are utilized by as many players as possible.

You can in theory sit in an EK and have resources brought to you by other players, allowing you to never participate in a campaign.  You can sell off ingame store items to get initial collateral and use the boards and various fan sites to develop your supply network and advertise your EK.  This is not only possible but I can see a few folks going this route.

You can also do campaigns yourself, earn resources and the rights to export them to your EK, and build your EK empire that way.  A number of people have mentioned having an alt that sticks to the EK and crafts and another that is a combat toon that does the campaigns to funnel in resources.

You can also just do campaigns and sell resources to other players that want them.

And anything and everything in between.

It's a sandbox game with a very loose structure that seems mostly designed to reward risk taking.  The more risk, the more reward and the campaigns are where the risks are.

So you can build whatever kind of balance you want between your EK and the CW's.  As I've researched more about PvP and run about like a looney bin learning it in other games I'm quite sure I'll be on the campaign worlds flailing around and killing people by mistake.  It's just too much fun and too exciting playing when there's the risk of someone leaping out to kill you at any moment.

But it's up to you where you want to invest your time.  Yes, you can build an EK center without doing the campaigns.  And yes, you'll be missing a pretty huge chunk of the game by doing so but it's your call.  Sandbox FTW!

pixS8Wt.jpg

The Chronicles of Crowfall           The Free Lands of Azure            RIP Doc Gonzo.

But, why would the people not interested in the EK even embargo anything to begin with?

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

But, why would the people not interested in the EK even embargo anything to begin with?

Cash Monai I would think.  You can still sell to folks in their EK's even if you don't have any interest in one for yourself.

pixS8Wt.jpg

The Chronicles of Crowfall           The Free Lands of Azure            RIP Doc Gonzo.

I know most of my friends who would be interested in a long term game would want to spend most of it in Eternal Kingdoms, and I can see the viability of even have guilds working together to build up a single guild EK with requirements for material imports and designated guild crafters. In such a way if you were able to find a guild or even real life friends who prefer to spend most of the time in PvP you could hang back and be the support from the sidelines; keeping things stocked, crafting your guildmate's equipment and doing all of the accounting for your EK's upkeep and taxes. In addition to that, the players who are talented enough to create out of game trades like the forum signatures and stuff mentioned above will have a separate avenue of income to work with. 

I think the closest way of having something that could be called a self sufficient EK would be the ones populated by active like minded players, who can turn the plots into bustling communities of trade. The EK's will really be the beacon of the community aspect of the game.

When we aren't all running around slitting each other's throats.

Cash Monai I would think. You can still sell to folks in their EK's even if you don't have any interest in one for yourself.

What?

So, RL money?

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

Because there's no reason not to? After playing an mmo for three months solid, I think most people when faced with a choice between having something to show for all that effort and not having anything to show for it are going to pick the former, even if they don't plan to do anything with it.

Edit: Another point is guilds. While some players won't care about ek's at all I think most guilds will. If your guild asks you to embargo some extra stuff for them, are you going to turn around and refuse them just because you personally don't care about the ek?

Edited by Fenrial