Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is crafting worthwhile for PvP?

I'm not sure if this has been answered before but is crafting actually going to be beneficial to PvP. Most MMOs crafting is centered around mainly PvE.

Do you like having weapons and armor when you PvP?

Yes?

Then crafting will be beneficial to PvP.

Not to mention repairing keeps, building catapults, and making all the other goodies we need to make glorious war upon our enemies!

fauzool, the CF economy is completely player-based. You cannot get gear from shops, quests, or monster drops, only from crafters or from other players who got their gear from crafters. So given that your choice is "crafted gear" or "naked", I'm going to say there's a minor PVP benefit to having some crafters on your team.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

fauzool, the CF economy is completely player-based. You cannot get gear from shops, quests, or monster drops, only from crafters or from other players who got their gear from crafters. So given that your choice is "crafted gear" or "naked", I'm going to say there's a minor PVP benefit to having some crafters on your team.

So crafters will be very beneficial it seems And if they wanted they could solely rely in crafting? Another thing Is why would someone choose to go naked instead of gear? Only thing I could think of would be loss of gear but wouldn't you need gear to really have that edge to beat others in PvP?

So crafters will be very beneficial it seems.

Yes.

And if they wanted they could solely rely in crafting?

Yes.

Another thing Is why would someone choose to go naked instead of gear?

I used to go PKing in Diablo 1 equipped with the worst cursed items I could find, literally worse off than being naked. The messages I got when I lost and they looted that crap were even better than the messages I got when I won.

Only thing I could think of would be loss of gear but wouldn't you need gear to really have that edge to beat others in PvP?

In most game, equipping gear does give you a slight edge, yes.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully