Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Combat: No phake physics - Official discussion thread

LOL @ Blair Physx. GG ACE

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

Players tend to have some specific expectations about what characters can do in games – the standard in MMOs for the past decade has been to allow character to run at 90 miles per hour, come to a halt immediately, and turn on a dime.

So is Crowfall going to break that standard? I'd love to see a game where acceleration is a thing and characters in heavy gear take longer to  reach full speed than the lightweights. On the other hand, I reserve the right to say "no, this sucks" within 30 seconds of trying such a game.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

This is a very good read on combat, I really enjoyed it.

Cant wait to try out real time physics and how it will impact the game world.

Wish we could use it to pull players out of the EK's into the CW world :)   Imagine that ..................................

Enjoyed this update!  Good Job!

Edited by ellie

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

Wish we could use it to pull players out of the EK's into the CW world :)

But not if they're in EK Time Out.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Wish we could use it to pull players out of the EK's into the CW world :)   Imagine that ..................................

I don't think it would be wise to force players who don't want to do some things to do them... it would be like forcing all nondregs players to play in dregs...

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Can someone give me an example of how a smaller type players will benefit more from physics then a larger type player?

I am afraid that everyone will want to be a centaur.  Will smaller more agile players be faster?  What advantages will they have?  It is real easy to pick out the disadvantages.

Edited by nakawe

Just a reminder. We players deal with 'real' physics every second in our lives. Much of it is not fun - such as failing brakes or falls due to stumble and gravity. What I am saying is that we are backing this game for fun, not training for Olympics or a Marathon. Effort can be part of the fun but it can also translate to something like 'work'. Do not let 'real' physics nitpick or 'nerf' every aspect of game play until players just get tired and say "Where's the beef? - er...fun?"

I am a retired disabled vet. I stumble around on crutches. No fun. Rehab effort is no fun. Please ease up on this obsession with real physics. This is still a fantasy game. Gives us lots of fantasy along with the 'realism grind' and I do not mean just fantasy lore. It is what I have donated for and have high hopes as well. Just my simple 2 cents worth, not a rage quit.

Can someone give me an example of how a smaller type players will benefit more from physics then a larger type player?

I am afraid that everyone will want to be a centaur.  Will smaller more agile players be faster?  What advantages will they have?  It is real easy to pick out the disadvantages.

The advantages and disadvantages will also be built into the archetypes themselves.

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

ellie, on 18 Jun 2015 - 09:53 AM, said:snapback.png

Wish we could use it to pull players out of the EK's into the CW world  :)   Imagine that ..................................

I don't think it would be wise to force players who don't want to do some things to do them... it would be like forcing all nondregs players to play in dregs...

lighten up :)    It was only some wishful thinking. 

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

The advantages and disadvantages will also be built into the archetypes themselves.

I understand this, but can anyone give me any advantages to having a smaller light char.  If they inherently make those smaller lighter players faster/quicker by design that is one thing.  Is there any advantages to be smaller lighter for physics sake?  This is no easy task they are undertaking.  It all sounds fun but what they are attempting is f- HUGE for online gaming.  This in itself can create huge balance issues between classes.

I really hope they can pull it all off...Kudos for attempting to do so.  These are some of the reasons I backed this team with my multiple pledges. 

Edited by nakawe

Very cool stuff. I think it ties with the coolest parts of our game, something that can really put us on the gaming map. One of those things that will become the norm and every future game will want to have.

Edited by oberon