Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Combat: No phake physics - Official discussion thread

... or even better, forcing EK players to rely on the CW for building materials.

Todd

ACE

This is why I bought multiple accounts.  The one managing the ek will be permanently stationed there.  Campaign Wars will be done by a dedicated killer.....

This is why I bought multiple accounts.  The one managing the ek will be permanently stationed there.  Campaign Wars will be done by a dedicated killer.....

Didn't they say you could go back to your EK as an EK version of your character even while you were in a campaign?

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

15 m was a typo. It's been corrected: 1.5 m. 

This is the type of typos you guys are not supposed to make, that sentence reminded me of the astronaut Knight pouncing on the catapult in the Kickstarter video.  These typos are hilarious though.

I'm stoked about the stoneborn forgemaster "hard land" line.  Long live the stoneborn!

Quick question!  I heard you had to increase the Knight's mass for the time his draggies made impact with him.  Does this mean there is no significant equivalent of "Tension" in your combat iterations up until now, I would imagine the Knight would be pulled towards his targets long before impact ever comes into the picture considering he is sometimes pulling more than twice his mass.

I'm curious about Tension because I would like to see multiple characters "chain pulling" a Centaur/Minotaur from multiple directions to immobilize him.  I feel that would be pretty fun to see.

EDIT: Ugh, three whole spelling errors.

Edited by sneaky_squirrel

How Can Mounts Add to the Crowfall Experience?  Caravans, Hunting Boars, and more.

How Complex can Mining be in Crowfall?  Mining difficulty, fatigue, infrastructure.

On the subject of how physics can benefit smaller players, I guess it would work for escaping from combat as well.  A smaller archetype would likely be able to move faster, accelerate quicker, and jump higher/farther.

For example, it would take less effort to send a smaller character flying thru the air in order to escape a bad situation.  The bulky guy might take a quick hop only to find himself right back where he started.

Sorry you turned into a two-bit carebear whose feelings get hurt over forum banter.

This is really interesting and I feel supports the idea that you are picking a role and a style of fighting with the archetype you choose.

I am interested in seeing how it works with multiple people using knock backs at once and such, also how it affects small groups taking on large groups.

Also, Thank you for making chain pull not just a single target! I want enemies too pay when they give me a clump of people to hit!

KjUVOZg.png

Varius - Veteran Member of LG

Didn't they say you could go back to your EK as an EK version of your character even while you were in a campaign?

Yes.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

This is the quote:

ThomasB, on 21 Mar 2015 - 4:55 PM, said:snapback.png

I think I've said this in both of the video interviews Gordon and I have done. We are planning for the only time you can bring equipment into a Campaign is when you join if that ruleset allows it. Using the same character in both a campaign and EK would involve a logout in the campaign and selection from login to the EK you wanted to go to. 

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

Lots of info, skimmed over it the first to soak in the info. Now I need to read the article thoroughly. Good stuff! Thanks  :D

Ow, and I had to think about this song while reading: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWz9VN40nCA

Edited by Canth

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

This update reminds me of Sanderson's Mistborn series. Physics played a part in how some of the powers worked. Certain people could push or pull (or both) metal, but trying to push or pull something that is heavier than you could have bad results. 

Great update. finally seeing some updates on combats. I guess this is a make it or break it risk so definitely good luck with development on physics.

Side note:

Why is Tully always getting abused :(

He got hit so hard that it looks like he's warping

Screen_Shot_2015_06_18_at_9_10_02_AM.png

Forum_Signature.png

Chalcitis - A Treasure Hunting Guild, visit Forum Post

So is Crowfall going to break that standard? I'd love to see a game where acceleration is a thing and characters in heavy gear take longer to  reach full speed than the lightweights. On the other hand, I reserve the right to say "no, this sucks" within 30 seconds of trying such a game.

FFXIV had realistic movement like this at launch (the first, failed launch).  Your character took a few steps to get up to speed and would even bank a little when turning at a sprint, then skid to a stop when you the run ended (not sure if it was real or faked physics but it looked good).  And because the game was built from the ground up to support controllers with analog sticks, the movement felt really good as you eased into and out of a run, on controller.  With ARR they scrapped this type of animation and a lot of the clothing/hair physics in exchange for more "responsive" controls and jumping which wasn't in the initial launch.

Luke I am your Uncle... Bob.  What, my sister Padmè never mentioned me?

On the subject of how physics can benefit smaller players, I guess it would work for escaping from combat as well.  A smaller archetype would likely be able to move faster, accelerate quicker, and jump higher/farther.

For example, it would take less effort to send a smaller character flying thru the air in order to escape a bad situation.  The bulky guy might take a quick hop only to find himself right back where he started.

Aye, I understand what your saying, but, what your explaining is char specific and because it is a smaller char.  It has nothing to do with physics.  A larger char because he is larger will hit with melee harder.  A higher intellect char will hit with magic harder because they have higher intellect.

Again, can anyone think of anyway physics will be an advantage to a smaller char in this game?  The examples given will be there without a physics engine.  I am not trying to be negative here, I LOVE PHYSICS, inside all this excitement lies some severe balance issues and we need some ideas on how physics can be implemented to be fun for all classes, not just big, fat, overweight ones.....

Edited by nakawe

Reading this is exciting, and gets me thinking about the Just Cause 3 gameplay footage from E3 (physics + destructible environments = tons of fun). I wonder if we will be able to use winches  or pack animals to move siege engines around, and grapnel hooks to scale walls.

Luke I am your Uncle... Bob.  What, my sister Padmè never mentioned me?

Again, can anyone think of anyway physics will be an advantage to a smaller char in this game?

I gave an example it was very clear. You don't stop faster than someone else in a game without physics, you don't turn and accelerate away faster in a game without physics

In games without physics you magically stop on a dime and achieve max run speed instantly.

Also if they do give any of the smaller archetypes the types of abilities that will kick you in a direction, allowing you to escape, you will go farther because you have less mass.

Edited by oberon

Again, can anyone think of anyway physics will be an advantage to a smaller char in this game?

Smaller characters can have faster movement speed, turn faster, have smaller hitboxes, be harder to see and target inside a clump of people, have faster stamina regeneration for more dodges, etc.

There's can be plenty of advantages to be smaller.

7ug90hM.png