Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Combat: No phake physics - Official discussion thread

Smaller characters can have faster movement speed, turn faster, have smaller hitboxes, be harder to see and target inside a clump of people, have faster stamina regeneration for more dodges, etc.

There's can be plenty of advantages to be smaller.

You forgot being able to enter through crannies (small openings) which can generate tactical advantage through superior positioning or a free ticket to escape.

Then again the Myrmidon is probably just going to achieve the same thing by TEARING DOWN THE WALL you just squeezed past...but the wall will slow him down!

kekekeke.  Now that I think of it, has ACE decided how Guineceans will taunt their foes?  Guineceans need the ability to provoke people in order to remain viable, otherwise they will just outright ignore Guineceans.  How about giving characters a mooning animation or the ability to throw debris towards other characters at close range to irritate them.

Wait...can Guineceans stand on top of other characters?  Can they hop on their backs as stepping stones if the other guy doesn't notice them?

*Heavy Breathing*

How Can Mounts Add to the Crowfall Experience?  Caravans, Hunting Boars, and more.

How Complex can Mining be in Crowfall?  Mining difficulty, fatigue, infrastructure.

Aye, I understand what your saying, but, what your explaining is char specific and because it is a smaller char.  It has nothing to do with physics.  A larger char because he is larger will hit with melee harder.  A higher intellect char will hit with magic harder because they have higher intellect.

Again, can anyone think of anyway physics will be an advantage to a smaller char in this game?  The examples given will be there without a physics engine.  I am not trying to be negative here, I LOVE PHYSICS, inside all this excitement lies some severe balance issues and we need some ideas on how physics can be implemented to be fun for all classes, not just big, fat, overweight ones.....

If you think the examples I gave aren't related to physics, then maybe you don't understand physics.

Take two objects, each of different size and mass, and throw them.  Which can you throw farther?

Sorry you turned into a two-bit carebear whose feelings get hurt over forum banter.

Don't forget lower food requirements, too. Big models might be tactically superior but logistically very costly. The winter might belong to the little guys.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

... or even better, forcing EK players to rely on the CW for building materials.

Todd

ACE

Carebears better start making friends with the upper band players real quick instead of shunning them as toxic.

We don't need EK materials and from the information we have so far a low or no import, meaning saving mats for making equip in the EK's to import is pointless.

When it comes to exporting materials, I ain't got nothing to lose sitting at that embargo/export site slaying carebears with no custards given on if I lose my mats.

Better embrace the HC community, my cuddly, rainbow-y brethren.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

Carebears better start making friends with the upper band players real quick instead of shunning them as toxic.

We don't need EK materials and from the information we have so far a low or no import, meaning saving mats for making equip in the EK's to import is pointless.

When it comes to exporting materials, I ain't got nothing to lose sitting at that embargo/export site slaying carebears with no custards given on if I lose my mats.

Better embrace the HC community, my cuddly, rainbow-y brethren.

I had to like this a few times, js :)

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

Again, can anyone think of anyway physics will be an advantage to a smaller char in this game?

You know that physics demonstration where you stack a baseball on a basketball and drop them, launching the baseball into the air?

Stack a Guinecean on a Minotaur and drop them off a cliff. Instant Guinecean catapult.

I suspect minotaurs are generally less elastic than basketballs, though.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

If you think the examples I gave aren't related to physics, then maybe you don't understand physics.

Take two objects, each of different size and mass, and throw them.  Which can you throw farther?

Yeah, it should be crystal clear by now that ACE isn't going for 100% balance and that choices matter. So picking your archetype/class won't be simply based on fluff, it'll be based on advantages and disadvantages in combat and overall gameplay. Every Archetype will have things they are both strong and weak to, picking which of those you want to paly with will be the first of many set choices we'll make.

Hopefully this means that we can interrupt abilities by pulling or shoving people into other people. That is, rather than being interrupted merely by moving, they'd be interrupted by being moved, even if that were because another player had collided with them. Couple interruption to displacement, not specific actions or effects.

I mean, I'm assuming "fluffer" is just another pjorative term for carebears, whales, etc. Of course, I could be incorrect, but I doubt it.

I like the new ACE offices.  Glad to see you all moved out of the shared office space.  I think the new environment, similar to what we can expect to see in game, will be conducive to inspiring an emergent development experience.  

That's the nicest thing anyone's ever said about me. ;(

Depends on what part of you they are referring to I suppose.

Edited by scribbles

[@--(o.O)@]

You forgot being able to enter through crannies (small openings) which can generate tactical advantage through superior positioning or a free ticket to escape.

Then again the Myrmidon is probably just going to achieve the same thing by TEARING DOWN THE WALL you just squeezed past...but the wall will slow him down!

kekekeke.  Now that I think of it, has ACE decided how Guineceans will taunt their foes?  Guineceans need the ability to provoke people in order to remain viable, otherwise they will just outright ignore Guineceans.  How about giving characters a mooning animation or the ability to throw debris towards other characters at close range to irritate them.

Wait...can Guineceans stand on top of other characters?  Can they hop on their backs as stepping stones if the other guy doesn't notice them?

*Heavy Breathing*

No one will ignore high damage output that's the taunt. Taunts/provoking is a game strat not a pvp ability.

KRIPTIKserratedv3_zps4ptlmh6o.gif

I'll embrace you with a huge rainbow hug.

Scribbles will be jelly......

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"