Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2FA is not working

Hey guys, sorry i´m posting this again, but i guess this is where it belongs.

I´m trying to activate 2FA but when i type the code, that Google Auth shows me, in the corresponding field and press "activate" i get no feedback what so ever. I neither got an error message nor is the 2FA working. It just looks like as if the button is dead.

Scanning the bar code isnt an option for me, due to my broken phone camera.

Does anyone have an idea what could have went wrong?

PQh9UPL.png

Most likely problems we've seen are:

Your google authenticator is not up to date

Your clock on your phone is not synced to a master time (or that time is off with our time)

Possible phone incompatibilities with the authenticator

I'll have the web guys check the logs when you tried to authenticate.  If you can post your hardware, OS version for your phone that would be helpful.

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

We just had someone get Authy to work when Google Authenticator didn't.  We'll also check the logs again but 99% chance the times will still be out of sync.

Yes, it was still reporting a code out of frame (i.e. timestamps too far apart).  Believe me when I say this is almost as irritating to us than it is to you.  If you can try another 2FA app, we'd appreciate it (more data helps us).

i tried it with authy, same result. then i deleted the authy account and now I don't even get the numbers because "secret key is invalid". also I tried changing my pc with the tablet (also win 8.1) but I experienced the same

PQh9UPL.png

intiorized, are you trying to set it up on your phone or on a PC? If you're doing it on a PC, make sure that your system is set to use internet time (NTP) and that you're getting time from an accurate nearby time server.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

I tried everything. I have a timeserver at my university in my city. I tried with an auth on my phone (auty, saaspaas, google auth) i tried it with winauth on win 8.1. i tried it to do i just on the phone, i tried it on the tablet. it´s not working anywhere. That´s a bit frustrating but there´s still some time before the 30th.

PQh9UPL.png