Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
arkh

Surrealist mounts

We are all used to the usual MMO mounts: variations of horses, some big cats maybe some pegasus etc.

What this game needs are mounts inspired from surrealist artists like Dali.

Snail with small wings for caravans?

ZfsQThY.png

Maybe some wooly rhinoceros to charge our enemies during winter. I just hope Crowfall artist go out of their way to get cool concepts for player mounts, not just for mobz.

Rhinoceros and snails would be very original mounts, I agree.  :P

I think there are plenty of other original mounts, but still realistic enough, that could be used in Crowfall: elephants, camels, donkey, ostrich and a couple more. Or imaginary ones, but fitting with the fantasy theme, like gryphons or pegasus, as you mentioned.

The snail and rhinoceros would surely look really cool, but I'm unsure if it would fit well with CF universe.  :)

Age of Conan already had rhinos and wooly mammoths as mounts, OP. They could be used in sieges and were pretty legit.

aoc_ha_3_lg.jpg

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

Mammoths I think are a must have for sieges. My opinion, mounts should be seperated by Speed, Combat and Strength. Speed mounts would be your typical horses, Stags, etc. Combat mounts would be mounts that aren't as fast but have the ability to double as extra damage boosts. These would include Lions, Tigers (Big cats), Wolves, Boars, etc. and give players increased mounted combat stats. Then there could be "strength" mounts that act as "Caravans" for sieges. Instead of a pack pig bringing gold to a castle from a mine, it would be a mammoth bringing a trebuchet into an enemy castle for sieging. These mounts would move rather slow in comparison but act as tanks (lots of health, hard to kill) and provide the ability to carry materials for combat.

Black Desert has war elephants. That would be really cool. I'm not sure I want too fantastical mounts, but you can go pretty far without getting ridiculous.

Given what we know about the mass+physics system can you imagine the implications of rhinos in siege combat? A charging heard used as living battering rams. Or war elephants sweeping players across the battle field.

That said, this is maybe a separate topic, but I think it would be neat to have expansions that include different biomes in the procedural world generation (here's the tie in) and from those biomes come various mounts not previously available, like rhinos, elephants, and dragons etc.

Edited by baerin

A whooly rhinoceros why not? That is even a real animal. But I think the mounts should make sense within the context of the world. After my taste a giant snail would be too over the top. On the other hand there already are guinea pig swashbucklers …

But please no sparkly Ponys and no He-Man cats. That is touching on a sore point.

And most importantly no flying mounts!

Mammoths I think are a must have for sieges. My opinion, mounts should be seperated by Speed, Combat and Strength. Speed mounts would be your typical horses, Stags, etc. Combat mounts would be mounts that aren't as fast but have the ability to double as extra damage boosts. These would include Lions, Tigers (Big cats), Wolves, Boars, etc. and give players increased mounted combat stats.

Love the idea of big animals like mammoths or elephants carrying the siege weapons and also the classification of animals between speed, combat and strength.

However, I think that allowing players to fight on their mounts and giving them attack boost, additionally to the defense boost given by natural height, mobility and animal body shielding, would just make every single player who can afford it to fight on his mount, and what determines the outcome of most battles could end up being "which team owns the largest number and the strongest mounts".

Making people fight while mounted on an animal seems cool, but the advantages from it should be compensated by some disadvantages, for example mount's vulnerability due to large hitbox, reduced accuracy for both ranged and melee attacks (naturally harder to accurately hit a target with an arrow or melee weapon when the horse is trotting).

Making people fight while mounted on an animal seems cool, but the advantages from it should be compensated by some disadvantages, for example mount's vulnerability due to large hitbox, reduced accuracy for both ranged and melee attacks (naturally harder to accurately hit a target with an arrow or melee weapon when the horse is trotting).

Mounts should have HPs, and either be very expensive or very weak. There are many ways to ensure a balanced mounted combat, like making it efficient only with a certain discipline or for example making characters get damage when their mount dies (and they fall to the ground..).

I wouldn't like at all to see players getting damage when their mount is being hit like if it was a single entity.

Edited by Fenris DDevil

y9tj8G5.png