Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
malant

Shadowbane is the road to hell.

That is one epic level t-roll.

Nope not a t roll.   I have seen this before and have been assured that the OP was exactly the same when he played SB.

i have got to respect someone that puts themselves out there w. their beliefs like that, regardless of what anyone else thinks.

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

Right on. I can respect a fella who carries around the cross... now somebody fetch us some nails... quick!

Just kidding! ;)

Not my scene but he did play Shadowbane and we Shadowbane players support a lot of poorly made socks. Didn"t see much past his talk of religion but hope his new Guild Leader don't mind him playing Crowfall.

:)

"Signals, Sound off Plates and Greaves! Line up! Prepare to advance!"

- Saying things a Centaur Legionnaire likes to hear.

He's kind of a long standing joke in the Shadowbane community, but I've always thought I'd never be able to have the courage to speak out for my beliefs like that.

To be fair, everyone in the Shadowbane community is a long-standing joke to someone else in the community.

IhhQKY6.gif

To be fair, everyone in the Shadowbane community is a long-standing joke to someone else in the community.

There is so much truth in the above quote!!! LOL

As far as the video.  That's an old one.  We had many lulz at the expense of that video.  Although I vehemently dissagree with just about 99.999% of what he says, it still took some stones to put himself out there like that.

Edited by cmurder

cmurder%20sig_zpsaq2rwphh.jpg

Haters gonna hate.

Props to him for walking the high road and putting himself out there.

wow wow wow, no. Condemning people to hell is not taking the high road. I hate when people try to defend poorly made socks like this: he takes mass generalizations and demonizes people based on them, and judges them in the harshest manner he knows how. There's nothing high about that. He's a bully, he just happens to thump a bible instead of heads. He literally spreads hate under the guise of spreading love, which is, imo, one of the worst things a human being can do.

Edited by fuggeroffuggington

Untitled_zpsjrvzldjp.png

Fugger of Fuggington - Shadowbane

SkippyBojangle - PS4

wow wow wow, no. Condemning people to hell is not taking the high road. I hate when people try to defend poorly made socks like this: he takes mass generalizations and demonizes people based on them, and judges them in the harshest manner he knows how. There's nothing high about that. He's a bully, he just happens to thump a bible instead of heads. He literally spreads hate under the guise of spreading love, which is, imo, one of the worst things a human being can do.

Well said. Good points!

Where are those nails???

He doesn't condemn them at all - he's pointing out that we choose to condemn ourselves.

At least, I didn't see where he did. If you see otherwise, please point out when he does it so I can re-watch it.

CF_Van.png

Thuunk!

Thuunk!

Thuunk!

Thuunk!

*is incapable of hearing much being said due to the loud, vigorous and satisfying sound of rhythmic hammering*

He doesn't condemn them at all - he's pointing out that we choose to condemn ourselves.

At least, I didn't see where he did. If you see otherwise, please point out when he does it so I can re-watch it.

Saying we choose to condemn ourselves is transitively saying we're going to hell. He is sharing the opinion that we are going to hell, but he's technically passing off the judgement as "someone else's" rather then just saying it himself. 

Again, there's no "high road" about telling a huge demographic they are going to hell, which he did.

He also is insanely homophobic in his other videos. He's a poorly made socksty person. Cliche case of a weak boy, who instead of building himself up and standing up, chose to embrace a system that allowed him to justify to himself that he's better off than all of the people he hates, and thus mentally tear others down. The only thing he has ever healed was his ego and the ego of other misguided souls, and he does it at a heavy cost to society.

Untitled_zpsjrvzldjp.png

Fugger of Fuggington - Shadowbane

SkippyBojangle - PS4

Saying we choose to condemn ourselves is transitively saying we're going to hell. He is sharing the opinion that we are going to hell, but he's technically passing off the judgement as "someone else's" rather then just saying it himself.

I'll start with the part I didn't quote - I can't speak to his other videos, as I haven't seen them.

On the part I do quote, you're missing the key, in my opinion. The point of confrontational evangelism (and I love evangelism, but I'm not a big fan of the style) is to quickly make people realize that if they don't change, then they will be condemned.

Again, I'm not a big fan of the style, but the point is still a valid one. If someone you like is about to blindly walk off a cliff, do you not warn them?

CF_Van.png