Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
siberain

Anyone believe the " Premium Guild " Package is overly priced?

Not that I want to complain but I shall.

I have the sapphire package in which i forked 425$ at the time as an early bird but this new package makes no sense?

In order for me to obtain the "Guild Hall" & Submit a Unique guild crest using Crowfalls Creator & Reserve another sub-guild name, It's going to cost 700$ USD (On Special norm 800$*).

I mean who thought of this pricing? Couldn't we be abit more realistic and say 200$ or 250$ what warrants 700$ (On Special norm 800$*)

I can list my Sapphire package bundle which is now 525$ that makes more sense..

What do ya'all think?

In order for me to obtain the "Guild Hall" & Submit a Unique guild crest using Crowfalls Creator & Reserve another sub-guild name, It's going to cost 700$ USD (On Special norm 800$*).

I mean who thought of this pricing? Couldn't we be abit more realistic and say 200$ or 250$ what warrants 700$ (On Special norm 800$*)

Depends. 

If you look at it from the point of view of a single person shouldering the burden - yes it is very expensive compared to the benefit you would get from putting the same resources into say a Sapphire and a Bronze pledge packages for a friend.

If you look at it from the point of view of a long-standing gaming community with an established brand / image that is important to maintain, a custom logo becomes a rather important consideration.  And that $700 price tag can be distributed among a wider audience of supporters.  The concern then is less about the cost (hey, we all want to support ACE as much as possible) and more about giving us the tools to be able to address our priorities.  I believe the majority of my guild mates would agree that we would rather play under our own banner than get a bunch of physical Collectors Editions that will be gathering dust on bookshelves.

Custom Guild Heraldry comes in Ruby and higher KS packages ($1000+) and is not included in any 2015 packages. Since heraldry review is necessarily a manual process it makes perfect sense for that to be an expensive and rare service.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Its very expensive, but I think it should be expensive, otherwise every 1-10 man subguild would have its custom banner and that would be much much more work for ACE.

If you have a guild with 50 people for example, everyone would have to pay 14$, which is not that much. I for example would agree to invest that into the guild, if I would already have one :P

They can charge what they like but at the same time, guilds with say 50 people or less are at a disadvantage because GMs are cashing on people who have more of a wallet.

I just find its somewhat expensive as other games "Archeage" allowed the same idea but it was part of their founders package as oppose to crowfall where it seems they are just trying to cash in on hype/wealthier people.

I'm just slightly disappointed they didn't gear this package to the mass instead to the percentage, and regarding the control on submissions as a reason for a high price then it some what defeats the purpose of offering such a package to make a game more 'unique' as opposed to others.

I really wish the didn't lock unique guild crests behind a pay wall.  They should take a page out of EVE's play book and make unique guild crests available for guilds that have been around for 6+ months and have a minimum active membership of 100 or 200 members.

This would limit the amount of submissions they need to process or review.  And not lock out people from something that could be a huge feature for some which is unique guild crests.  Guild crests coming from a set out templates just isn't the same.

Personally I'd say it is pretty over priced, like you mentioned it's available at the $1000 pledge level and to sell it at $800 means that ACE values everything else in the $1k pledge as being worth around $200... that's quite a bit off...

Personally I saw reserving a guild name costing closer to the $200-$300 mark.. Also a guild hall should not cost more then $40 bucks or so.. guilds are the back bone of what will drive the longterm success of Crowfall.. it shouldn't be expensive to start, disband and remake a guild. You can't make the main mechanic of your game cost a poorly made socks ton of money.

Edited by thenebrosity

OQa1xvz.png?1

lol ok.. I wonder if I'll still be able to steal directly from people's inventories.. hrmmm

;)Twitch - Twitter

RIP DOC GONZO

a guild hall should not cost more then $40 bucks or so.. guilds are the back bone of what will drive the longterm success of Crowfall.. it shouldn't be expensive to start, disband and remake a guild. You can't make the main mechanic of your game cost a poorly made socks ton of money.

Have they said that you will need to own a guild hall to make a guild?

No, they have not said that, and since you can buy "reserve a guild name" without buying the guild bundle with guild hall, that's pretty clearly not the case.

The guild hall is just a museum building for certain relic types.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Have they said that you will need to own a guild hall to make a guild?

I think I read something along those lines or heard it in video as an idea that was floating around..  but I guess what I meant was that to reap the benefits of being a guild you shouldn't have to spend a bunch of real life money to do so, ie. "the COMPANY GARRISON." Sure.. I guess that's where the whole "well technically you can farm for your garrison so it's still 'free to play' wink*wink*" argument will kick in.. but will still be pretty lame..

No, they have not said that, and since you can buy "reserve a guild name" without buying the guild bundle with guild hall, that's pretty clearly not the case.

The guild hall is just a museum building for certain relic types.

"Company Garrison - Guild Halls serve as meeting places for player associations. The COMPANY GARRISON can be use to house the MILITARY Artifacts and Relics won in Campaign Worlds, which can provide game benefits to the members of your guild."

^ Want to reap the benefits of being a guild and getting those artifacts/relics??? Buy a Guild Hall / Company Garrison TODAY!! Only $150.00!! Of course for you guys who don't have money, you can still farm for 3 months so don't worry... it's not pay to win.

Edited by thenebrosity

OQa1xvz.png?1

lol ok.. I wonder if I'll still be able to steal directly from people's inventories.. hrmmm

;)Twitch - Twitter

RIP DOC GONZO

I think it is indeed overpriced, but should be a higher value than a hundred or so. Compared to something like Archeage, which allows anyone to upload their personal icon to print on literally everything (ships, armor, etc.) it is very pricey. However, this being said, the fact this is a feature is a pretty big deal to take into consideration. While everyone else has the normal emblems, your guild will have a completely unique one. This being said, I understand the price gap between "expanded" symbols and "uploading an emblem" because of the originality of the second. This being said, the expanded symbols should give most guilds a large enough selection of symbols to make a banner that they will be happy with. Sure you might not get something extremely specific like the $700 one (a rose in the mouth of a dragon with fire surrounding it with a crescent moon in the background), but you could get a general dragon/rose. Even if it is a kids game, look into Pirate101 that J Todd Coleman made. I would say that has a really good example of what banner customization will detail. A symbol selection and colors, then a background selection and colors.

...Compared to something like Archeage, which allows anyone to upload their personal icon to print on literally everything (ships, armor, etc.) it is very pricey. ...

Ace wants more control on the artwork for CF.  ArcheAge didn't care what images players used.  Custom heraldry allows your guild stand out uniquely from the standard symbol selection.

FYI, everyone will have a small selection of symbols and colors, and they're going to add more symbols and color packs in the store.

Like others mentioned, it's not difficult for larger guilds to split the cost among their members.  Larger, more established guilds, will already have custom logos for their guilds that they use in all of the games they play.

> Suddenly, a Nyt appears in the discussion...

Ace wants more control on the artwork for CF.  ArcheAge didn't care what images players used.  Custom heraldry allows your guild stand out uniquely from the standard symbol selection.

FYI, everyone will have a small selection of symbols and colors, and they're going to add more symbols and color packs in the store.

Like others mentioned, it's not difficult for larger guilds to split the cost among their members.  Larger, more established guilds, will already have custom logos for their guilds that they use in all of the games they play.

My guild already has our artwork done for years since Shadowbane, but we're no longer as big as we used to and even with that said, no one wants to pay 700$ for a "virtual" item.. As a business sense it's value doesn't add to its worth.

Why is it so pricy?  It starts with us having to look at every single incoming guild crest and make sure it isn't obscene or out of character with the game world (I guess that will be 15%+ of submissions), then ensure it doesn't violate any intellectual property (and that process won't always work, we don't know every IP holder in the world).   When an IP holder calls us about the fact you have the equivalent of Micky Mouse on your crest, we'll have to investigate and possibly pull it down (or radically modify it) if they are right.  Then we've got to make the guild crest part of the game build itself, since all the rest of the people in-world will see your guild crest.  We'll probably need to have an artist work on it so that it can work right in the game world and dialog with you about that process.

Todd and I say; PLEASE DON'T BUY THIS!  It's a pain for us, but we know some people will have to have it so we added it to the higher level rewards.

Thank you!

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook