Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
siberain

Anyone believe the " Premium Guild " Package is overly priced?

Why is it so pricy?  It starts with us having to look at every single incoming guild crest and make sure it isn't obscene or out of character with the game world (I guess that will be 15%+ of submissions), then ensure it doesn't violate any intellectual property (and that process won't always work, we don't know every IP holder in the world).   When an IP holder calls us about the fact you have the equivalent of Micky Mouse on your crest, we'll have to investigate and possibly pull it down (or radically modify it) if they are right.  Then we've got to make the guild crest part of the game build itself, since all the rest of the people in-world will see your guild crest.  We'll probably need to have an artist work on it so that it can work right in the game world and dialog with you about that process.

Todd and I say; PLEASE DON'T BUY THIS!  It's a pain for us, but we know some people will have to have it so we added it to the higher level rewards.

Thank you!

Wouldn't that be a pain if a guild is to update it's guild crest?

I am assuming that there are guilds that go through these updates in a lot of MMOs

How would you guys handle it if someone wants to change the design?

Edited by EDM

Forum_Signature.png

Chalcitis - A Treasure Hunting Guild, visit Forum Post

Todd and I say; PLEASE DON'T BUY THIS!

Same thoughts about KS Amber?

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

It´s not that over priced, if you are going to buy this you already have a proper guild with at least 15-25 members that have already backed the project and splitting 700 between only those makes it not that much, if you wait until next year when you might have 70 people it´s only 10 dollars each so yeah.

Arrogance diminishes wisdom

Why is it so pricy?  It starts with us having to look at every single incoming guild crest and make sure it isn't obscene or out of character with the game world (I guess that will be 15%+ of submissions), then ensure it doesn't violate any intellectual property (and that process won't always work, we don't know every IP holder in the world).   When an IP holder calls us about the fact you have the equivalent of Micky Mouse on your crest, we'll have to investigate and possibly pull it down (or radically modify it) if they are right.  Then we've got to make the guild crest part of the game build itself, since all the rest of the people in-world will see your guild crest.  We'll probably need to have an artist work on it so that it can work right in the game world and dialog with you about that process.

Todd and I say; PLEASE DON'T BUY THIS!  It's a pain for us, but we know some people will have to have it so we added it to the higher level rewards.

Thank you!

I mean no offense, but Archeage and Tera both offer free to cheap methods for adding guild emblems into their game. Players can report anything offensive and we'll have thousands of them.

I upgraded my Sapphire to Ruby specifically for the guild emblem.

etDenA9.png
Camaraderie ~ Loyalty ~ Honor ~ Maturity ~ Integrity ~ Duty

Wouldn't that be a pain if a guild is to update it's guild crest?

I am assuming that there are guilds that go through these updates in a lot of MMOs

How would you guys handle it if someone wants to change the design?

Charge them again!

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

I mean no offense, but Archeage and Tera both offer free to cheap methods for adding guild emblems into their game. 

no offense taken.  those games probably have 10x our budget.

Todd

ACE

J Todd Coleman

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

Todd

ACE

My man. Where's the thug life music for this PHC?

You're hilarious dude, you deserve awards for your degree of wit and intelligence, you truly do.

Thank you!

People will whine about anything.  Life isn't fair, accept this, pull up your underoos and move one.  They need money to make the game so you wont gripe about it but then you are bitching at them generating revenue in the first place. 

0caffcdf0e25f516070a7e0858029054.jpg

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

I upgraded my Sapphire to Ruby specifically for the guild emblem.

This is also the route i have 7 days to decide on......I am glad it is expensive, I want the guys to be unique.    The way I see it is, the cost difference between the 100 dollar package and 700 dollar package is 600 bucks.  The only difference between them is the custom guild heraldry.  Therefore the price of the heraldry is  600 bucks.

I am seriously considering upgrading 2 accounts to ruby for the extra items and trading off one of the heraldry.  Trading off the heraldry and vip token will easily cover the cost of the upgrades.........

Please answer me this, Is the custom guild heraldry going to be tradeable?

Edited by nakawe

Todd

ACE

hahahaha just needed a Deal with it meme.

Arrogance diminishes wisdom

Todd

ACE

Just did some looking into the cost of Tera. 45m to develop... get the point >.>

This is also the route i have 7 days to decide on......I am glad it is expensive, I want the guys to be unique.    The way I see it is, the cost difference between the 100 dollar package and 700 dollar package is 600 bucks.  The only difference between them is the custom guild heraldry.  Therefore the price of the heraldry is  600 bucks.

I am seriously considering upgrading 2 accounts to ruby for the extra items and trading off one of the heraldry.  Trading off the heraldry and vip token will easily cover the cost of the upgrades.........

Please answer me this, Is the custom guild heraldry going to be tradeable?

There's the Launch Part thing at ACE HQ too.

Edited by jetah

etDenA9.png
Camaraderie ~ Loyalty ~ Honor ~ Maturity ~ Integrity ~ Duty

Just did some looking into the cost of Tera. 45m to develop... get the point >.>

Launch party can be traded in for store credits....I doubt I will be going to Texas anytime soon...I would miss the launch unless, they let us play a week early or something for being a high tier backer :P

Jetah, there is way more value in the upgrade from sapphire then buying the guild packages outright...More parcels, bigger castle launch party etc...You definitely did it the right way...

Edited by nakawe

Maybe they can charge you by icon, so you can put even more Rubys around your posts. Maybe a ruby border with ruby emojis.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

Launch party can be traded in for store credits....I doubt I will be going to Texas anytime soon...I would miss the launch unless, they let us play a week early or something for being a high tier backer :P

Jetah, there is way more value in the upgrade from sapphire then buying the guild packages outright...More parcels, bigger castle launch party etc...You definitely did it the right way...

If you cant make it I'd be interested in some sort of "fair trade" for the launch party  ticket :)

I was going to upgrade to Ruby but wouldn't have it paid off before Alpha 1 starts. So stuck with Sapphire. 

I think its simple.

You nerds who pay early are going to pay a huge price, but you're going to get this clunky to implement feature first.

Once they can come back to it, I expect the price to have gone down, the number of consumers wanting it to go up, and the cost-to-run the feature to be reasonably conducive to make buukuu bux.

Any sense of exclusivity of this feature is merely a factor of your gut level gauge on the price, and your insane rationalization that they'll keep it high forever.

Then again they might not want to bother with the system, and this might be your only time to get it.

IMO. APB had a great feature where you could paint w/e you wanted and then you rated it for offensiveness and could get banned. Its wasn't f2p, and neither is CF...so you didn't get the same negative effect of people abusing and then making new accounts...because they had to pay the box price.

So you gotta decide, play the dice, and make a decision. Ultimately I don't personally think its important, guilds are made or unmade by their leadership, their personal websites, and the people in them.

Edited by Zomnivore

I think its simple.

You nerds who pay early are going to pay a huge price, but you're going to get this clunky to implement feature first.

Once they can come back to it, I expect the price to have gone down, the number of consumers wanting it to go up, and the cost-to-run the feature to be reasonably conducive to make buukuu bux.

Any sense of exclusivity of this feature is merely a factor of your gut level gauge on the price, and your insane rationalization that they'll keep it high forever.

IMO. APB had a great feature where you could paint w/e you wanted and then you rated it for offensiveness and could get banned. Its wasn't f2p, and neither is CF...so you didn't get the same negative effect of people abusing and then making new accounts...because they had to pay the box price.

Then again they might not want to bother with the system, and this might be your only time to get it.

So you gotta decide, play the dice, and make a decision. Ultimately I don't personally think its important, guilds are made or unmade by their leadership, their personal websites, and the people in them.

Yal can pay for the cache of features to put you into the running for cool entry level guild stuff, but unless you're willing to work, you're just playing dress up.

I bet they will discontinue the custom guild heraldry upgrade before they lower the price.....