Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
siberain

Anyone believe the " Premium Guild " Package is overly priced?

If you have a brand, and you want that brand in the game, or images you own, etc. What's the terms for that look like? Do you give all your rights up in the legalese or what's the ball park for what that TOS is going to be.

Edited by Zomnivore

We aren't trying to claim ownership of anyone's brand.  Every situation is different, so we would talk to you and make sure it was all set up correctly, legally, and didn't jar with the game experience.

This is why the price is so high on this one -- because we have to deal each player who buys it, directly.  

To be honest, I would be delighted if almost no one purchased this item.  It isn't scaleable.

Todd

ACE

J Todd Coleman

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

We aren't trying to claim ownership of anyone's brand.  Every situation is different, so we would talk to you and make sure it was all set up correctly, legally, and didn't jar with the game experience.

This is why the price is so high on this one -- because we have to deal each player who buys it, directly.  

To be honest, I would be delighted if almost no one purchased this item.  It isn't scaleable.

Todd

ACE

Keep talking like that I am going to buy a metric ton of them .......hahaha...

Todd

ACE

Understood and accepted. Thanks for offering the option al all. This SHOULD be expensive. It is designed for legacy communities that are invested in their brand. Just as guilds collectively contribute for services such as private servers, or voips etc., they may also choose to pool revenue to get a custom crest (or benefit from a generous benefactor in some cases)

. If every guild (or individual) could easily, and cheaply I might add, change custom crests at a whim, the team would be inundated...constantly...for the remainder of the games existence whith a backlog of guild avatars to vet and create. I would just feel fortunate it is an option at all.

layaway will save you. If you play this game for a good 5+years at 15 bucks a month you'd spend way over that. You also get VIP which can yield you some returns if used wisely.

wargod_zpscxbcsru9.gif

Play to Crush!

Guess that means we won't have any phallus guild emblems, where's the creativity? :D

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

LotD has been around 20 years, and played tons of games during that time. In the last 10 years, the options in games for guild heraldry have been awful to say the least. There are other benefits to buying the premium guild package beyond the guild emblem that we think are worth the investment for us to play as a competitive guild in Crowfall.  I am sure Crowfall will have many features by the time it is done, but do you want this.......

F0TN9BBH2MYK48O.RECTANGLE1.jpg

Or this.....

OeORLN2.jpg

That's just an example logo we did, but no one would care about our rally around that first cheesy skull above.  So having our own customized logo is worth real money, and if each of our members pitches in a few bucks then $700 won't take long to get. 

rSHxVEY.gif

Guildmaster, LotD

I don't think we'll ever see the detail of the 2nd picture in the game. It has too much detail imo. The detail will lie somewhere between the 1st and 2nd. I'm not saying anything about which pictures I would want to see more, because taste is different for everyone. But, I hope the devs take the guild emblems from guilds, alter them a bit to give them a Crowfall feel and put them in the game.

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

I know, I'm just pointing out a basic difference between the quality of in game heraldry,with generic options, and something that is customized at a higher quality. I don't want to put our real heraldry in there in case someone steals it!

rSHxVEY.gif

Guildmaster, LotD

Why is it so pricy?  It starts with us having to look at every single incoming guild crest and make sure it isn't obscene or out of character with the game world (I guess that will be 15%+ of submissions), then ensure it doesn't violate any intellectual property (and that process won't always work, we don't know every IP holder in the world).   When an IP holder calls us about the fact you have the equivalent of Micky Mouse on your crest, we'll have to investigate and possibly pull it down (or radically modify it) if they are right.  Then we've got to make the guild crest part of the game build itself, since all the rest of the people in-world will see your guild crest.  We'll probably need to have an artist work on it so that it can work right in the game world and dialog with you about that process.

Todd and I say; PLEASE DON'T BUY THIS!  It's a pain for us, but we know some people will have to have it so we added it to the higher level rewards.

Thank you!

Unique guild crests could be a huge feature for a competitive game like this.  I think the core issue is you don't actually value their benefit on the community as much as you should.  

I urge you to reconsider your stance.  Find a way to make time for the submission process and begin mentioning it as a significant feature.  Take a look at EVE, as I'm sure you know, there are Corps and Alliances.  Alliances are able to submit logos if they have 200+ people and are around for 6+ months.  Look at the difference in the corp and alliance logos.  Then look at the sense of pride unique alliance logos contribute to the competitive environment there.  

It's a huge win I think you're completely missing by thinking you have to directly fund the submission process by this guild package.  I'd rather you tell us unique guild crests are dependent on you earmarking revenue post launch (if it's at the right level) and subsidizing the process from the revenue that's not directly linked to the process instead of pushing the cost to the backers.

My point is as a feature unique guild crests would have a bigger benefit to the game if any group had a chance to get them without a $800 payment.  Please reconsider.

U1U8i28.png

That's just an example logo we did, but no one would care about our rally around that first cheesy skull above.  So having our own customized logo is worth real money, and if each of our members pitches in a few bucks then $700 won't take long to get. 

I actually like the first one more!

y9tj8G5.png

I actually like the first one more!

A lot can be said about simple logo icons and there are reasons why the most popular brands in the world have them.

> Suddenly, a Nyt appears in the discussion...

A lot can be said about simple logo icons and there are reasons why the most popular brands in the world have them.

There's that saying "Keep it Simple, Stupid" and for reasons.

etDenA9.png
Camaraderie ~ Loyalty ~ Honor ~ Maturity ~ Integrity ~ Duty

As Todd & Gordon have said, we actually prefer if people didn't buy this but we understand there is an audience out there who feel very strongly about using their pre-existing guild imagery. 

Then why is this an option?

You're telling me there isnt anything else to offer at this point in time?  come on guys!!

As Spock said...."The needs of the many, outweigh, the needs of the few"  :D

Edited by Agravenn
Picture removed.

dulpoa76627.png

Todd

ACE

Sorry, Todd, but LotD already decided to go "Full Pimp"...

Piikaa / Pkaoo

rSHxVEY.gif