Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

'Anonymods' are here

People like you who take this poorly made socks to seriously are the problem. Learn to take a joke. I know it's all great you can finally hide behind an anyonomous persona to mod people now.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

If you notice, the posts like the one above, only come from a very small section of the community.  Its funny how the ones committing the offenses are the ones who blame authority for making them conform to the rules.

Two things:

One:  I don't think its funny.  I think its ridiculously frustrating.  I know there have been a few issues - and when emailed to Pann she has handled them fairly, IMO.  If you're complaining and you have NOT reached out to Pann to contest something - then you need to stop, IMO.  

Two:  I DO think its hilarious that CYT said that to you.   ;)

Edited by mal

T_roll

I find this hilarious 'cause you gave me a warning for bypassing the filter (same word, nonetheless).

It's also funny how subjective your definition of good posting is, since you refused to remove a huge spoiler on Jon Snow 5 weeks before Episode 10.

Hope you get Dante's "contrappasso" treatment.

Edited by Fenris DDevil

y9tj8G5.png

I find this hilarious 'cause you gave me a warning for bypassing the filter (same word, nonetheless).

It's also funny how subjective your definition of good posting is, since you refused to remove a huge spoiler on Jon Snow 5 weeks before Episode 10.

Hope you get Dante's "contrappasso" treatment.

That specific word is no longer supposed to be filtered.

There is no spoiler when it comes to Game of Thrones.  The show is based on the books.  They have been out for years!  If you're too lazy to read them.  That's not the problem of the people who have.  The Jon Snow situation has been known about for years.  Its not a spoiler when the info is YEARS old!

cmurder%20sig_zpsaq2rwphh.jpg

There is no spoiler when it comes to Game of Thrones.  The show is based on the books.  They have been out for years!  If you're too lazy to read them.  That's not the problem of the people who have.  The Jon Snow situation has been known about for years.  Its not a spoiler when the info is YEARS old!

.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Why did you write T_roll? Force of habit?

EDIT: Pann, at least spare me the warnings if you want to delete the recent posts. Thanks.

Edited by Fenris DDevil

y9tj8G5.png

Here is a crazy suggestion!  How about we all follow the rules, post respectfully, and stop arguing with ACE about how to run their site?  Then there will be no points awarded, noone being "Censored" by the moderators, and we can all have constructive conversations.  All I see is people who are angry that they can't come on these boards and T_roll people for responses.  Follow the rules and there will be nothing to complain about!  The mods work hard, volunteering their time, because they care about this project and the ACE vision, not to be bullies or become "e-famous".  Stop crying, post like decent human beings, and everything would be fine.

Wow cmurder, you are absolutely right! Thank you for your post.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Why did you write T_roll? Force of habit?

EDIT: Pann, at least spare me the warnings if you want to delete the recent posts. Thanks.

Yeah, actually it was force of habbit.  Ive been having to write it that way in warnings for months lol

Two:  I DO think its hilarious that CYT said that to you.   ;)

That was funny, since I'm actually a police officer IRL lol!

Edited by cmurder

The inclusion of information about one of the most popular TV shows that would ruin the enjoyment of that story, regardless of where it came from is still a troll.  The argument that "the story has been around for years" ignores the intent of and expected reaction to the post.

The inclusion of information about one of the most popular TV shows that would ruin the enjoyment of that story, regardless of where it came from is still a troll.  The argument that "the story has been around for years" ignores the intent of and expected reaction to the post.

I don't think this is the place to talk about moderating practices, valor. I think cmurder is completely correct in assuming that if you are an actual fan of the show, you would of already read the books. If a thread is labeled Game of Thrones, you should expect spoilers from people reading the book. It's simple and a nonissue.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

I don't think this is the place to talk about moderating practices, valor. I think cmurder is completely correct in assuming that if you are an actual fan of the show, you would of already read the books. If a thread is labeled Game of Thrones, you should expect spoilers from people reading the book. It's simple and a nonissue.

I don't think this is the place to talk about moderation practices, primal.  I think cmurder is completely off base in assuming that if you are an actual fan of THE SHOW, you would not want to ruin it by reading the books.  If a thread is labeled Game of Thrones, you should expect at least a "spoiler" tag that sets expectations for everyone that there will be spoilers from people reading the book.  It's simple and an issue.

and Seeing as how the TV show doesn't follow lockstep with the books its not at all fair to say its ok to spoil because the book has been out for awhile. Never read the books but I know enough the know that there are characters that are either dead in the TV show but not in the books or are dead in the books but not the TV show. So yeah just don't be a jerk and spoil and don't use how long a book as been around to excuse your actions.

I think the rules could be a little more relaxed if we want to foster a fun and inclusive community. Ultimately this is my only issue.

That and posts just being deleted without any direct explaination, that is just power tripping. Oh, and the recent preemptive off topic warning... twice in the same thread... that wasn't even off topic or heading there... but that seems to be taken care off (thanks for listening)!

I love the filters they are fun, but they are like word replacements on TNT, we know what they really said. If people want to curse up a storm, let it reflect on their character and be done with it. No need for clean up and ban hammering.

If people post a fun picture to express their opinion rather than words, awesome... we all get a good laugh out of them on both sides. Breathe and enjoy the fun! This is a place for fun right?

Those are just two examples of where things could be more relaxed on the whole.

Areas that do need moderation are already receiving them, such as actual threats and other real life infractons, protected class harassement, full on derailing or off topic material, moving and/or merging threads as well as just locking up some obvious nonsense (looking at you, goons).

It really just feels like the fun has been broken. I have never participated on a forum that is this corporate, especially for a small gaming studio. I know what corporate feels like, and I come here to enjoy myself... lately it just isn't enjoyable. Feeling like you have to walk on eggshells for everything you say is a scary place to be for a gaming forum.

I humbly ask for a revisit of some of the rules, and I would love to have an open and respectful conversation. We have the same 20-30 people posting in the same back and forth war over this. Perhaps a nice look at the table with all parties would be beneficial to the future of this community and help it to really grow and thrive!

You know what? I think everyone is right.

Thats why I vote to discontinue this idiotic idea of a forum. It is:

1. Abysmal for Customer/Developer relationship at this present time

2. One Large argument over something that hasn't been created yet

3. Creates no hype since it is "backer post only". New people won't even be able to participate.

4. Creating a toxic environment for potential players & backers alike.

We also have/ can create:

5. We already get "as the Crow flies" updates monthly

6. You can tailor updates in a newsfeed on the website mainpage, effectively getting information to incoming players

7. A drama free environment since no one can post. Eliminating the need for mods, elevate stress from the Community Manager and everything is 100% fair.

Hell, it would even give the website designers time to streamline the forum process. I am being 100% serious. What is the point of these forums at the current time? Why is it needed? Because, from 90% of our perspectives, this forum is nothing but trouble and/or a nuisance.

Edited by knossos

You're hilarious dude, you deserve awards for your degree of wit and intelligence, you truly do.

I don't think this is the place to talk about moderation practices, primal.  I think cmurder is completely off base in assuming that if you are an actual fan of THE SHOW, you would not want to ruin it by reading the books.  If a thread is labeled Game of Thrones, you should expect at least a "spoiler" tag that sets expectations for everyone that there will be spoilers from people reading the book.  It's simple and an issue.

I think pang answered you best. He is a really good member of this community and I think he deserves a spot as liason between ACE and it's players. He has always had ACE's best interest in mind. Pann, would you consider making Pang our ambassador?

You know what? I think everyone is right.

Thats why I vote to discontinue this idiotic idea of a forum. It is:

1. Abysmal for Customer/Developer relationship at this present time

2. One Large argument over something that hasn't been created yet

3. Creates no hype since it is "backer post only". New people won't even be able to participate.

4. Creating a toxic environment for potential players & backers alike.

We also have/ can create:

5. We already get "as the Crow flies" updates monthly

6. You can tailor updates in a newsfeed on the website mainpage, effectively getting information to incoming players

7. A drama free environment since no one can post. Eliminating the need for mods, elevate stress from the Community Manager and everything is 100% fair.

Hell, it would even give the website designers time to streamline the forum process. I am being 100% serious. What is the point of these forums at the current time? Why is it needed? Because, from 90% of our perspectives, this forum is nothing but trouble and/or a nuisance.

Obvious baiting [lol] aside, I think you're onto something here. If we could just shut down the ability to make new topics like they have the News & Announcements section, Pann and the anonymods can make proper discussion topics we can all post into. That would allow the mods job to be much easier by just making sure the forum posters stick to the predetermined topics. If a poster has too many warning for going off topic, they can lock him down for mod approval on posts. If it still has issues, we can implement a dropdown-menu style reply. This would allow ACE to not only have control on the predetermined topics, but also limit the toxicity by keeping the answers within the CoC.

~*Giggles and Blessings*~ to you all

I think pang answered you best. He is a really good member of this community and I think he deserves a spot as liason between ACE and it's players. He has always had ACE's best interest in mind. Pann, would you consider making Pang our ambassador?

~*Giggles and Blessings*~ to you all

I went back and read his post, and you're right. I agree with Pang too.

So, let me understand this better.  You want the moderators to censor people who have read the books, that aren't followed completely by the show, because what they say "might" be a spoiler?  This is what you ask for, but call the Mods draconian?  Am I the only one that sees the total hypocracy in this line of thought?

Edited by cmurder