Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

'Anonymods' are here

HungerMod, can I ask you a question tho?

what makes you hungry as a mod? is it power?

i think power burns a lot of calories and is why people get hungry

or is it because snickers gave u a lifetime ban

this is also a serious post as i am tryin to extend an olive branch to a Panntrooper before the riot shields come down on an already broken forum negativeman-55f.png

i mean look at albion online forums, just sayin~ its cooler, mods are funnier and the avatars support .gifs and sigs are not restricted. hth for a guideline on what to do

emot-yikes.gif

tbqh i am uneasy with the name Hunger as a mod. I am feeling somewhat triggered as if warnings are akin to ritualistic human sacrifice in aztec culture. what veil keeps the hunger/darkness at bay

Edited by Lastgirl~

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴
Read more at brainyquote.com/search_results.html#KTJ4dHyeiltlKOTM.99

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

Gather 'round, children, and let Auntie Pann tell you a story... 

Once upon a time in a land far, far away, your humble narrator was also a volunteer in a magical place called Ultima Online. There, too, we did face allegations of all sorts of nefarious improprieties: favoritism, nepotism, all the 'isms you can imagine. Despite these hardships, we persevered and did forge ahead, doing our level best to right wrongs and uphold truth, justice and the Sosarian way. 

Later, I was part of the team that set up the EVE volunteer program, which is still going strong. 

In both Ultima Online and EVE, volunteer identities and player identities are/were separate. 

I get that there are some bad apples in volunteer barrels from time to time. We do what we can to spot them before they even get near the barrel, but you can only do so much to screen candidates. Eventually, you have to learn to trust and you have to put in whatever safeguards you can to protect the community if one of the volunteers goes off the rails. 

Having 'anonymods' is as much for their protection as it is for the community at large. It was a decision made unanimously by Todd, Gordon and me. The moderators still have guidelines and protocol to follow. They are still held to a higher standard. Their decisions will still be scrutinized by anyone who gets so much as a profile view from one of them -- and we'll still get Support tickets for at least one-fourth of the warnings that are issued. The difference is tnat now, with this system, when their watch ends they can return quietly and uneventfully to their personal accounts. It's simply better for everyone that way. 

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

Gather 'round, children, and let Auntie Pann tell you a story... 

Once upon a time in a land far, far away, your humble narrator was also a volunteer in a magical place called Ultima Online. There, too, we did face allegations of all sorts of nefarious improprieties: favoritism, nepotism, all the 'isms you can imagine. Despite these hardships, we persevered and did forge ahead, doing our level best to right wrongs and uphold truth, justice and the Sosarian way. 

Later, I was part of the team that set up the EVE volunteer program, which is still going strong. 

In both Ultima Online and EVE, volunteer identities and player identities are/were separate. 

I get that there are some bad apples in volunteer barrels from time to time. We do what we can to spot them before they even get near the barrel, but you can only do so much to screen candidates. Eventually, you have to learn to trust and you have to put in whatever safeguards you can to protect the community if one of the volunteers goes off the rails. 

Having 'anonymods' is as much for their protection as it is for the community at large. It was a decision made unanimously by Todd, Gordon and me. The moderators still have guidelines and protocol to follow. They are still held to a higher standard. Their decisions will still be scrutinized by anyone who gets so much as a profile view from one of them -- and we'll still get Support tickets for at least one-fourth of the warnings that are issued. The difference is tnat now, with this system, when their watch ends they can return quietly and uneventfully to their personal accounts. It's simply better for everyone that way. 

How condescending of you...

The anonymous nature of blue robes in Ultima Online was one of the worst features of Ultima Online (barring Trammel). When bad apples can just disappear, but not face any ramifications from the community they so poorly served, then I take issue. If you bring someone on as a mod, and they are horrible, the community should have the right to ostracize them. They shouldn't be able to go back to their little hole and enjoy this anonymous time. I understand you will "handle" these folks, but taking away their mod powers is not enough. We should be able to kill them over, and over, and over, and over, and over until they choose to leave or continue to die. They damaged the community, they should pay for it publicly.

If you want to have a game where "actions matter" and players get a chance to be the "police," then you also need to create and allow that culture to flourish. Yet, every single decision you have made as a community manager has served to take away from the lovely emergent game play and politics we were brought on board to have. If we have to wait until the game rolls out then fine, but really the community should be the same in both areas. In game community and rules should match the forums... neither should be more strict or private than the other. As it goes lately, I wouldn't be surprised if a few months in the game I get banned for calling some other player an idiot.

Poor decision for a PvP/Political game hands down.

Just a suggestion though?

Instead of Anonymods...

can we call them Panntroopers? I have this image of  Star Wars stormtroopers as it is accurate about their misfires akin to throwing hammers around for silly infractions and nobody really knows what they look like behind their masks.

Before you go all "Ackshually" and nerdargue, clone troopers are different from storm troopers. These are citizens of the empire so they are varied and we don't know them all due to the helmet masking their identity. It fits doesn't it? :)

4chan doesnt call their mods Anonymods, they call them Janitors since its more degrading in a tongue-in-cheek and funny way considering they do it for free and are essentially worthless like a bicycle horn on a car steering wheel.

Plus I think Panntroopers sound less intimidating and scary and more like oh okay, so these are your comedy henchmen, wacky infractions over comments like "no", and "oh you, you locked the thread again instead of merging them or cleaning up posts, haha! classic! Oh you again, you funny!" pew pew pew away~

Anonymods sound like a shadow network of 14 year old script kiddies from 2007 =/ like.. cripes.001.gif

This is an effort post to show that it is not a player and I am 100% sincere. I am ready to have Imperials knock me down on the street and call me names while I pick up whats left of my money that the street rats haven't pecked at along with my dignity as a once proud rebel keyboard warrior under a new mighty dynasty heralding a new age of Forumfall. emot-worship.gif

Hope this message was clear, my signal was pretty strong and i doubt there is any noise so the ratio is good.

Edited by Lastgirl~

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴
Read more at brainyquote.com/search_results.html#KTJ4dHyeiltlKOTM.99

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

I'm freeeeee!

Thanks for your above and beyond efforts.  Don't always agree with you but appreciate that you've been sticking your feet in the fire and modding during the Age of Truly Named Mods.

Welcome to the new mods.  *rolls up sleeves and narrows eyes..."

pixS8Wt.jpg

The Chronicles of Crowfall           The Free Lands of Azure            RIP Doc Gonzo.

Oh...Oh hey, guys.

I logged on just to give my opinion, but I'm afrai-

OX3rmeil.jpg

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

How condescending of you...

The anonymous nature of blue robes in Ultima Online was one of the worst features of Ultima Online (barring Trammel). When bad apples can just disappear, but not face any ramifications from the community they so poorly served, then I take issue. If you bring someone on as a mod, and they are horrible, the community should have the right to ostracize them. They shouldn't be able to go back to their little hole and enjoy this anonymous time. I understand you will "handle" these folks, but taking away their mod powers is not enough. We should be able to kill them over, and over, and over, and over, and over until they choose to leave or continue to die. They damaged the community, they should pay for it publicly.

If you want to have a game where "actions matter" and players get a chance to be the "police," then you also need to create and allow that culture to flourish. Yet, every single decision you have made as a community manager has served to take away from the lovely emergent game play and politics we were brought on board to have. If we have to wait until the game rolls out then fine, but really the community should be the same in both areas. In game community and rules should match the forums... neither should be more strict or private than the other. As it goes lately, I wouldn't be surprised if a few months in the game I get banned for calling some other player an idiot.

Poor decision for a PvP/Political game hands down.

Nah you're simply wrong... these people are doing a volunteer job to try and help ACE, nobody is perfect and even if they mess up that doesn't mean they should get to feel the playerbase's wrath.... ACE can handle mod mistakes privately.  You aren't entitled to hop on some sorta shamewagon if they mess up. 

Edit:  Also yet again you've confused the forums with the game... Actions will matter in the game, and while they do on the forums, the forums are primarily here to help build the game right now... that is the focus.

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

The ban hammers shall be strong with this upcoming forum update.

All moderator privileges with none of the accountability, sign up the White Knights of  Crowfall!

You're hilarious dude, you deserve awards for your degree of wit and intelligence, you truly do.

Hard to figure out why ACE would feel the need to protect the identity of the mods if they were doing their prescribed job according to whatever their "higher"  standard is to begin with.  The anonymous feature encourages mistakes , not intergrity.  There is no incentive to do a 'good' job.  Passive/ aggressiveness can now run rampant w/ nothing at stake except being demodded.  All reward ( whatever the incentive was to become a mod) and NO risk.   

Wonder what else is in store for us in PANNdora's Box?

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

Hard to figure out why ACE would feel the need to protect the identity of the mods if they were doing their prescribed job according to whatever their "higher"  standard is to begin with.  The anonymous feature encourages mistakes , not intergrity.  There is no incentive to do a 'good' job.  Passive/ aggressiveness can now run rampant w/ nothing at stake except being demodded.  All reward ( whatever the incentive was to become a mod) and NO risk.   

Wonder what else is in store for us in PANNdora's Box?

This kind of thinking is flawed... do you think a mod has more incentive to stay in ACE's good graces, or do you think the players give them more incentive?  Hint:  They care more about what ACE thinks of their work. 

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir