Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Free Lands of Azure - Coalition of Free People (EK Community)

Keaggan

FLABAnner3.png

Welcome to the Free Lands of Azure! My name is Keaggan. While like most everyone here, I'll be spending vast majority of my time in the Campaign Worlds looting bodies of the unclean...Confessor is my fave archetype! So, why am I doing this then?

I want to be a world builder  an architect of sorts. I find it absolutely fascinating and exciting to craft a "shard." But it is boring and unsatisfying if others aren't enjoying it too. Being that this is a community driven game I'm stoked to collaborate with like minded people to help grow this coalition by creating a unique home for fellow players.

Spoiler...already working on how to add easter eggs for any explore types out there!

FLACharter.png

Our goal is to collaborate with like minded people to help grow this coalition into a community by creating a unique home for fellow players with RP & PvP only zones, events, and fun world crafting.”

-Free Lands of Azure

Citizen.png

Are you a guild looking to be part of a larger community? A PvP clan searching for a keep to hang there Campaign World trophies but don't want to deal with the fuss of building and maintaining your own EK? Are you a crafter that is in need of a town to sell your goods? Do you enjoy RPing and immersing yourself in lore? Or maybe you would just like to socialize more? If you said yes to any of that, we are looking for you!

You do not have to be in a guild to join. We will have several “free cities” that offer room for smaller guilds and individuals to find a home in.

FEATURE LIST

• No monarch Rule.
  • Low Taxes.
  • Guilds of sufficient size will be allotted land.
  • Each guild territory will be self governed.
  • Role Play only zones will be a space for RP guilds to come and help shape the lore of the EK and establish townships.
  • Regular events such as our 4 seasonal PvP tournaments that will offer real prizes & massive EK scavenger hunts.
  • Guild sponsored events are welcomed!
  • PvP focused guilds or individuals that want to spend the majority of their time in CW (as I imagine most of will) need only plant their banner in our EK. We will handle the maintenance.
  • More features will be added.

EK RULES

Guilds: Guilds that reach a sufficient size will be given their own territory. All guests in another guild's town are expected to be respectful of the wishes of the guild.

Free Cities: These are open to individuals and smaller guilds that would like to be part of our EK community.

**additions will be added once the Small Council is established**

SMALL COUNCIL

• World Architect: Keaggan

• World design and layout.

• EK resource quartermaster.

• Community Overseer: **Vacant**

• Enthusiastic & Creative “Idea Person.”

• Strong desire to EK growth.

• Leads recruitment & events.

• Has 2 Assistants: Master of Ceremonies & Recruitment Officer.

• Recruitment Officer: **Vacant**

• Establish relationships with potential EK citizens.

• Handle citizenship applications.

• Work to place guilds and individuals in desired locations.

• Assist Community Overseer.

• Master of Ceremonies: **Vacant**

• Build variety of events including PvP or RP focused ones.

• Create event layouts.

• Set rules, gather prizes and determine winner(s).

• Assist Community Overseer.

• Lore Masters 2-4: **Vacant**

• RP guild leaders.

• Establish lore with input from guild.

• Enforce RP in their respective territory.

• Collaborate with other Lore Masters to build a cohesive history.

FAQ

So first off what are we?

It may be easier by explaining what we are not. We are not a guild nor a private Eternal Kingdom.

Who is the Monarch?

It is a place that has no monarch rule. Which means even though Crowfalls has a system in place for players to swear fealty to a monarch we are only using that as a tool to establish citizenship. Each guild leader will become a noble and given authority of their respective land. They will self govern and decide who may or may not join there towns.

Are there taxes? 

Yes. But they will be as low as possible. We are looking to take care of upkeep and a very modest tithe to help grow the EK. Most likely resources so as to build and upgrade new builds or expand features.

What kind of support are you providing?

Currently in the progress of building a site that contains community news, event or guild updates, and forums for general community use. If a guild gets larger enough we will give them their own personal sub-forum. Along with this we'll have a free teamspeak server set up. It will have enough rooms for general chat, several campaign world play groups, and EK socializing.

As I'm not one for long speeches nor walls of text I probably missed some things. If you have ANY questions please feel free to ask.

Edited by Pann
Removed some images that were preventing OP from being able to edit his own post.

Hello, I like the layout of your presentation. I might have to steal some of it  (This is ment as a compliment not an actual intention, except maybe adding a FAQ, but I suspect you will grant that you did not create the concept....I do not know why I did not think of having one. So tip of the hat there.) I am considering floating a similar structure with a different thematic vision, so I am curious how you address certain things.  

Something you may want to consider:

1) When you said " All guests in another guild's town are expected to be respectful of the wishes of the guild." Is there a plan for the inevitable squable over antagonists, trolls, and griefers, and non-rpers interupting an "RP only zone"? Will there be some type of judge(s) and is this different from establishing the "Monarch" that you ban in your first rule?  

I do like, not only the enthusiasm, but also the intended result of creating a world system in which different groups can co-exist without having a strongman boss. I just think it is a very challenging problem to create. I am trying myself, but am hesitant to say I have figured it out. You have a strong vision, how will you infect others with it?

I will stop by from time to time to see how you are progessing.

Good luck,

Thanks for the feed back Seth! 

You may steal any and everything part of the format you like. BTW I did come up with the layout. But I still like I could have done better lol x)

Something you may want to consider:

1) When you said " All guests in another guild's town are expected to be respectful of the wishes of the guild." Is there a plan for the inevitable squable over antagonists, trolls, and griefers, and non-rpers interupting an "RP only zone"? Will there be some type of judge(s) and is this different from establishing the "Monarch" that you ban in your first rule?  

I do like, not only the enthusiasm, but also the intended result of creating a world system in which different groups can co-exist without having a strongman boss. I just think it is a very challenging problem to create. I am trying myself, but am hesitant to say I have figured it out. You have a strong vision, how will you infect others with it?

Some of it is still a little vague for two reasons. First is we don't know what all of the tools we'll have in the EK, so its hard to lay out the structure just yet. We don't if we can do temp bans, or perma ban only. Can we kick people on the spot even if we are a public EK? 

Secondly, I do not want to make all of the rules without the input of others. I feel that working together with other people on the Small Council would yield better results. With many minds we can see more than one view. When we say "All guests in another guild's town are expected to be respectful of the wishes of the guild" it just means that. How will that be enforced and to what degree? I'll find out when I gather more people. 

I can tell you one thing is I do feel that guilds need to work most things out by themselves so the small council doesn't become the police. But I'll cross that bridge when we get there.

Thx,

-Keaggan

• 1 month later...

First up why I even landed here is your signature: 

TIME SPENT IN CROWFALL

Eternal Kingdoms: 20%  God's Reach: 40%  Infected: 30%  Shadow: 0%  Dregs: 10% 

What do you mean by this? Did you already play the game?

Now a question to the project itself: Are there hard borders between the territories? I want to RP even if I sign up for a PvP region. Depending if and how it is enforced this makes or breaks this concept for me.

Secondly: are you in the NA or EU servers at home? Deeply hoping I can hop and switch as I like due to Crowfall having no servers but still PvP would be a challenging thing.

Sad to see noone really replying :(

I AM ME!
I love you all.

• 2 weeks later...

First up why I even landed here is your signature: 

TIME SPENT IN CROWFALL

Eternal Kingdoms: 20%  God's Reach: 40%  Infected: 30%  Shadow: 0%  Dregs: 10%

What do you mean by this? Did you already play the game?

Now a question to the project itself: Are there hard borders between the territories? I want to RP even if I sign up for a PvP region. Depending if and how it is enforced this makes or breaks this concept for me.

Secondly: are you in the NA or EU servers at home? Deeply hoping I can hop and switch as I like due to Crowfall having no servers but still PvP would be a challenging thing.

Hey IamMe! 

Ok so first off my signature lol. No I have not played it since Alpha hasn't even started yet :)

It's more like my current projection of which I assume is where I'll be playing based on what I've learned thus far about CF and the different CWs. It of course will change as we get closer to launch and through testing to see where I will really land. However one thing about it is I'll even update it AFTER launch as a way to track my interest :)

Now the Free Lands of Azure and boarders. I'm not entirely sure if you are asking. I will say that players aren't stuck in one location or a specific play style. We will be breaking the EK into zones that will have a specific style enforced. So when a player goes to a certain zones for example the RP zones they are expected to respect the rules of this area and RP accordingly. If someone travels to the Savage Lands they understand that PvP is ever present. So if you ended up moving into the savage land with either a villa or renting one from a noble you understand that PvP can and will happen everywhere. This doesn't mean that you cannot RP while in the PvP Savage Lands you just need to be aware that others in the PvP zone may not. On the other hand if you set up in one of our "free cities" there will be no PvP so players can shop, craft and socialize unmolested.Again here you could RP but just know in these specific areas not all will.

We are doing this so players know what to expect while travelling throughout the FLA and it doesn't just become anarchy. However don't think that you can't have a place to RP AND PvP at the same time. RP nobles, guilds and alliances can sponsor RP/PvP tournaments. We have some old school vets that have done that in other MMOs like UO. 

The fonder if in NA. We are working to have building a sister EK to the FLA based in EU. 

Sad to see noone really replying :(

We'd love more activity in the thread too but to be honest this is just "round 1" so to speak as we are still building the website which is open but a WIP and finishing the EK character.

Thx for replying and please ask more questions if you have them.

• 1 month later...

This is a really interesting idea. I can imagine a sort of Westeros vibe, except without a King. Guilds claiming land. PvPing over boarders to spread their influence. Neutral marketplace where people can sell their wares. Even unique RP events peppered throughout the kingdom. 

OS_Sig3.png

• 2 weeks later...