Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
oridi

Can we get a crafting update?

The ever charming and deadly crafting community is fully immersed in chewing off our own feet to stimulate a conversation about whether prosthetics can be crafted in CF. 

Not really but we're getting close. :P  

Can we get a crafting update?  Our info is pre pre pre alpha/prior to the Kickstarter and threads have devolved into either discussing minigames or talking about random things to keep crafting from being mind numbingly boring.

An update on how the crafting structure is going would be grand.

Even a statement of "hey, yeah, not at a point where crafting is even started - we'll get back to you on that in 2016" would be great as we can cease and desist with the "here's what should be done with crafting yet again MINIGAME!" threads and just wait in the shadows until it's Our Time To Shine.

Thanks!

pixS8Wt.jpg

The Chronicles of Crowfall           The Free Lands of Azure            RIP Doc Gonzo.

Oh pshaw - you silly beasty combat boys/girls/gender respectful pronoun goes here (and of course I mean silly as in silly ingame).

Saying that crafting is nothing but making stuff is like saying that combat is PvP centric and leaving it at that. 

We need moar infoz! What will the process be like, will there be multiple types of ores/wood etc other than the basic "gold/silver/bronze", how are we harvesting resources, what will we need to do to increase the quality of our crafts other than just have good mats to start with etc.?  The crafting section is full of questions and lists and hopes and *shudder* minigame examples.

Throw us a bone Oh Crafting Gods.

pixS8Wt.jpg

The Chronicles of Crowfall           The Free Lands of Azure            RIP Doc Gonzo.

No! CW are the real game!

Oh wait....crafting will be in it too damn! I only wanted to Roxxor joo noobz!

Side note I'm reading through http://crowfall.com/#/faq/54ca4682bffce6644cb3380a and feel like they added a few things or I just forgot some of them.

I'll probably drop down to the crafter section afterwards. Some good stuff in there so far!

The part of the game must be done to make a post on it...

If that was the case then there would be no combat updates, no EK updates, no archetype updates TBH.  Nothing is done on the game at this point - it's all in the midst of being developed.

I did include  "Even a statement of "hey, yeah, not at a point where crafting is even started - we'll get back to you on that in 2016" would be great" in my OP so if they've not even started the crafting process then at least we'll know that. 

I've not seen Koster show up in any threads for a while so I'm hoping he's holed up somewhere with other CF crafting deities, making magic.

pixS8Wt.jpg

Altough I really like to get some new info about crafting, I think its something for a later stadium of development.

Crafting has so many variables and effects many other parts of the game which are probably not even in design, so I think we will have to wait a few months until we get regulary updates like with combat at the moment. (I know combat has also many variables, but combat is the CORE of the game so its clear that this is the main priority)

Altough I really like to get some new info about crafting, I think its something for a later stadium of development.

Sigh.  Again - I'm fine with getting a "not really anything to tell you - check back in 6 months" statement from the devs. 

But I do think it's a wee bit goofy to have the following dialogue:

Player 1 - "Devs - hey, what's going on with crafting?"

Player 2 - "Custard Crafting!"

Player 1 - "No, really - is there anything happening with crafting?"

Player 3 - "Crafting isn't finished yet!"

Player 1 - "Yeah I know that - nothing is finished yet.  Just checking to see if there's an update at all on crafting since Koster & crew have been pretty quiet"

Player 4 - "Crafting won't be done for a while!"

This is one of those questions that can only be answered by the devs folks.  Back before the KS Koster was present on the boards and there was a bit of info tossed out about overall crafting.  I've not seen anything craftish in the updates and so I'm checking in with the devs to see if there's any new info that might help with the endless whirlpool of crafting hopes/wishes/dreams that makes up the crafting section on these boards right now. 

pixS8Wt.jpg

Well, they have repeatedly said they're focusing on combat first, so if I had to guess, the reason that we're not getting crafting updates is probably because they're working on combat.

Sigh.  Again - I'm fine with getting a "not really anything to tell you - check back in 6 months" statement from the devs.

This is one of those questions that can only be answered by the devs folks.  Back before the KS Koster was present on the boards and there was a bit of info tossed out about overall crafting.  I've not seen anything craftish in the updates and so I'm checking in with the devs to see if there's any new info that might help with the endless whirlpool of crafting hopes/wishes/dreams that makes up the crafting section on these boards right now. 

June 23rd update was all about armor.  There were a lot of things implied and they have direct effects on crafting.  Politely, I'd suggest digging into that and pulling out everything you can infer from it and making a thread about that.  It might not be the "crafting" update that you WANT, but it definitely was very important to crafters and their understanding of how many MORE options they will have to work with.

Oridi just really needs a dev response, guys. Just someone, please, idc if it's the building janitor, someone just give her a response.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

*giggles at the sight of headlight running nekkid through a battlefield* (ingame of course)

oh my~ oridi! so scintillating~

845629.jpg

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴
Read more at brainyquote.com/search_results.html#KTJ4dHyeiltlKOTM.99

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

Why do you expect a dev to personally answer your question, in the community q&a section? :huh:

Edit: If I wanted to ask the devs a question, I'd ask one of them directly. Either via pm or slack chat. They don't bite, worst case scenario they'd just won't reply.

Edited by Fenrial

June 23rd update was all about armor.  There were a lot of things implied and they have direct effects on crafting.  Politely, I'd suggest digging into that and pulling out everything you can infer from it and making a thread about that.  It might not be the "crafting" update that you WANT, but it definitely was very important to crafters and their understanding of how many MORE options they will have to work with.

Unfortunately it was such peripheral info that all it does is open up how much is unknown in crafting.

A look at the crafting section will show a number of collected info threads that have mined the boards of all crafting related info.   We're grabbing what info we can find and even infer from the posts around the boards but it's become such an endless cycle of rehashed info that the EK threads are positively exciting in comparison.

There have been updates on the EK's, Combat, Archetypes, Economy (coins), Alpha testing, Game Art, Game Physics, etc.  The last update on anything Craftish was January 22nd - pre pre pre alpha.

I'd much rather just wait patiently for a dev response but y'all keep swiping away at what should be a pretty simple request.  At least it keeps the topic on the sidebar if nothing else.

pixS8Wt.jpg