Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
knossos

Forum Justice System (FJS)

It has come to my attention that my last thread was not received well by my captive audience (Sorry moderation staff)

In return, if it so pleases the court, I have decided to give on more idea. The "Customer Report" button.

Now before sparks fly again, hear me out for one last time.

How will this work?

Well if a person ever feels they are slighted in any way within the forums, the would then click the "Report" button in the upper right hand corner of the thread.

This would then populate a list of "moderator names" which have been active in the thread and they choose one and give an in depth summary of why they feel this was a wrong action to be taken against them. Now after this is reported, if the same moderator gets 2 or more individuals to "agree" with this statement (they write virtually the same thing) this moderator is then put to "court" by a jury of their peers and the ultimate decision of severity coming from the head moderator themselves (sort of like the American Justice System).

If this said moderator name (because it is anonymous) then loses 2 court hearings, they are banned from being a moderator ever again.

Now, what do we gain to benefit from this implementation?

Accountability: Moderators will have to be professional at all times to all customers regardless of title or history between the two individuals.

Public Image: The forum populous will have an increased respect for those in charge because they will be held to a level of accountability and furthermore increase the outlook of the game staff and the game as a whole. Moderators will also have respect for the players for they know they are virtually their life blood and we are a forum dweller just as they are. It forms brotherhood and a sense of equality.

Justice System: "The law is hard but it is the law" will be in the forefront of everyone's mind, moderator and forum dweller alike. We will ban together under this common banner and uphold these forums for the good of the game. This will also cause for a decrease in moderation with the ultimate goal of never having to have a moderator for we moderate ourselves!

Please, if you have any constructive critcism please share it here. I apologize i was not around to see the criticism's on my last post to make this one better but I promise I will do better next time. Thank you all for all you do, I (we) the forum dwellers and fellow crows appreciate it Greatly.

You're hilarious dude, you deserve awards for your degree of wit and intelligence, you truly do.

I think you severely underestimate the amount of reporting that goes on around here. This would be a complicated time sink that they don't have the staff for, on top of retraining new mods every time one lost their modship, and the mass abuse of the system by forumgoers.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

Public Image: The forum populous will have an increased respect for those in charge because they will be held to a level of accountability and furthermore increase the outlook of the game staff and the game as a whole. Moderators will also have respect for the players...

We already do. Respecting someone doesn't mean agreeing with them 100% of the time. 

We will ban together under this common banner and uphold these forums for the good of the game.

Already happening...its evident in that this has become like second home to us fanatics lol

Bravo Knossos!   I admire your bravery in these tough times to get this community to work together as one.  

I am sure your efforts with this suggestion will NOT go unnoticed!   

Good luck with this  ( I am thinking you will need it )

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

Moderators will have to be professional at all times to all customers regardless of title or history between the two individuals.

^  lol

Edited by thenebrosity

OQa1xvz.png?1

lol ok.. I wonder if I'll still be able to steal directly from people's inventories.. hrmmm

;)Twitch - Twitter

RIP DOC GONZO

If you want more info about how the mods work feel free to hop of over to here: http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/7436-anonymods-are-here/?p=198395

Where Pann states a lot of info on how the mods should act. I've even posted the quote from the thread here. If you feel like you are being unfairly being targeted by a mod you can almost email ACE about it to look into it.

I’ve spent quite a bit of time reading through/cleaning up the thread and would like to address some of the questions and concerns.
The thread is reopened for discussion but I want to stress the importance of staying on topic. Warning points will be given for attempting to derail the thread, for trolling/flaming or any other misbehavior. That means no cutesy gifs or other shenanigans.

1. Condescending? Oops. 
I apologize whole-heartedly if my attempt to be warm and friendly came across that way. One of my favorite UO GMs would always greet us by saying, “Howdy, chillins!” and I got in the habit of doing the same with my team on EVE. It was not meant to be insulting. Lesson learned.

2. Is this a whole new batch of Panntroopers?
No. The group is a mix of old and new.

3. Are Panntroopers anonymous among themselves?
They have the option to be and I have recommended that they should be, but I’m not going to send spy cams on drones to enforce it. In the moderator-only forums and Slack channel, they use their Panntrooper names.

4. The screening process
I spent a great deal of time reading posts by everyone who sent in applications when the call for moderators was posted a month ago (which was one of the big reasons why it took so long to get the first wave brought on board). How active are they? Do their posts have substance? Are they helpful? How do they react if someone tries to bait them?

I don’t claim to have some superpower that allows me to peer into a person’s heart and soul based on what they post on message boards, but my Spideysense has served me pretty well over the years. Have a made mistakes? Sure, I have, but I always try my hardest to spot and correct them as quickly as possible. Which brings us to…

5. Moderator accountability
There seemed to be a lot of confusion about this, so I really want to clarify and stress that just because the Panntroopers are anonymous to the community at large and perhaps to each other, they aren’t anonymous to me. There is a responsibility to uphold the policies ACE has set forth, to conduct themselves in a courteous and professional manner and they are held accountable for their actions – both with their Panntrooper actions and their personal accounts. In other words, being a Panntrooper doesn’t give them a blank check to be a jerk as a moderator or as a regular forum member. Which brings us to…

6. Who watches the watchers? 
We all do. They watch each other. You watch them. I watch them. None of us can catch everything but all of us together will ferret out any wrongdoing. I will say that this is the first community I have ever worked with that actually uses the Report button. And, for the most part, uses it judiciously and for the right reasons. That helps a lot. So, if you see something that makes your Spidey sense tingle—like a thread that’s maybe being moderated unfairly—report it. If you don’t trust that I’ll see that report, send a Support ticket (support@artcraftent.com). I give you my word that it will be investigated.

7. What can moderators do?
Moderation tools give them the ability to edit, move and delete posts and move, lock or delete threads. Moderators can also issue warnings that range from “verbal”, where no points are given, to ones that can suspend or even ban a user. Now, just because they have those tools doesn’t necessarily mean they should use them.

Anyone who’s ever spent time moderating anything on the internet knows the gray areas are much wider than the black and white bits. It’s hard to predict every scenario and train people on how to respond to them, but we do have some basic guidelines and add more as need arises.
It would take a long time to go over all of it, but here are a couple that people asked about specifically:

a. Locking a thread: We’ll do it when OT/trolliolio posts outnumber the posts of substance. If it’s not too bad and time permits, we may clean it up and reopen if we think there’s still hope for worthwhile discussion. Usually, though, the spirit has flown and resurrection is futile.

b. Editing a post: A post may be edited if it’s mostly okay but just has one minor oops in it. For example, if there’s an inappropriate link we may remove the link and leave the rest or if it’s quoting a previous post that was removed but everything else has substance we may edit out the quote.

8. Contesting a warning, warning point, suspension or ban
If you think you are being treated unfairly by a moderator, tell us: support@artcraftent.com. We do investigate every case that is reported, and if we find that the moderator acted in error, we’ll correct it.

9. How warning points work
3 points = 24-hour suspension
4 points = 48-hour suspension
5 points = 1 week suspension
6 points = Permaban

If you manage to rack up 6 points, the moderators will notify me (if you don't get to me first) and I’ll review the case personally. There have been some instances where I saw that earlier warning points either didn’t expire when they should have or were given unfairly. If someone is permabanned and the decision holds, they may ask for an appeal after 90 days.

10. Returning to ‘civilian’ life
Eventually, and for any variety of reasons, volunteer moderators will leave the corps. If their personal forum identity has been successfully separated from their Panntrooper identity, they can probably do so without a hitch, giving them the chance to continue being a part of the community they obviously love or they wouldn’t have taken this thankless, grungy responsibility in the first place.

11. How to become a volunteer moderator
Sometime in August, we’ll post the call for moderators again and the hunt will start for the next wave of volunteers. If you’re interested, send in an application.

12. Private guild forums
I don’t know the when’s or how’s, but we will be adding private, invitation only guild forums where you can be the masters of your own fate away from the eyes of outlanders and get as political and smacktalky as you please. As soon as I know more, I’ll pass along the info.

My only issue is posts getting deleted. Posts should never be deleted unless they have nefarious things in them like NSFW material, bad links, or incredibly intolerable language. Posts getting deleted because they are perceived to be "off topic" or judged to be making fun of someone is ridiculous and creates a really confrontational relationship between moderators and community members. 

2zSM2Uo.png
Co-Host of Crowns and Crows Livestream: Every Tuesday 8:30pm EST
Follow me on Twitter: @jdodge80

My only issue is posts getting deleted. Posts should never be deleted unless they have nefarious things in them like NSFW material, bad links, or incredibly intolerable language. Posts getting deleted because they are perceived to be "off topic" or judged to be making fun of someone is ridiculous and creates a really confrontational relationship between moderators and community members. 

Well, how else are they supposed to get rid of the evidence then?  Sheesh.  If posts are deleted it never happened right?  Especially if whatever was said was basically true just not very complimentary, just does not show said person(s) in the very best light possible.   Image is everything!

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

Uhh... it's par for the course for official forums for games to delete posts that are considered to be breaking rules...  It's up to their discretion but this is very common practice....

Well, how else are they supposed to get rid of the evidence then?  Sheesh.  If posts are deleted it never happened right?  Especially if whatever was said was basically true just not very complimentary, just does not show said person(s) in the very best light possible.   Image is everything!

Your perception of what is true is not what is actually true...

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Your perception of what is true is not what is actually true...

Bait^^^    May the All Father open the new anonymods eyes to see these kind of comments for what they are.

Bait^^^    May the All Father open the new anonymods eyes to see these kind of comments for what they are.

It's not bait, it is my opinion... your perception of what is true... especially in regards to anything related to moderators on these forums... is usually way off. 

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

I have decided to give on more idea. The "Customer Report" button.

No. 

We have a Report people. People have used it to report not only other forum users but also moderators. Complaints/concerns can also be sent directly to me via PM, email and Support ticket. 

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community