Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
sarin

Will there be a place for small merc type guilds?

Today's reveal got me thinking about hired small type guilds for hire.

I have over the past years played with a very small guild of around 5.

Will there be options for small guilds like this? Will we able to make some characters like we did with the wreckinators and be hired for a siege by one side to let's say break down a wall quickly as our goal being paid for? This is just as an example.

Just curious from the devs if this kind of gameplay an option? If not I guess I will have to look at joining up with a larger force : /

Thanks!

Edited by sarin

Depends on how PvP scales. If seiges are massive, probably not enough to make a difference. If there are other things to do, for example intercepting caravans, griefing theirenemy in open world PvE environment, or small scale asset destruction, who knows..I would like there to be options for small scale groups and not have it mandatory to spool up to populations in the hundreds to "compete".

Today's reveal got me thinking about hired small type guilds for hire.

I have over the past years played with a very small guild of around 5.

Will there be options for small guilds like this? Will we able to make some characters like we did with the wreckinators and be hired for a siege by one side to let's say break down a wall quickly as our goal being paid for? This is just as an example.

Just curious from the devs if this kind of gameplay an option? If not I guess I will have to look at joining up with a larger force : /

Thanks!

My guild was considered a black ship that could sway any important fight because we were the best group of pvpers in shadowbane... it can always be done with a well-coordinated and skillful group...

"Please God Yes" is all I can say in response to the OP. I'd love to be in a small guild with minimal impact that could just mess around as we saw fit. Raiding caravans, burning fields, all the things that small guilds are good for. Get in, get 'er done, get out. I'd love to see one-man-jobs that allowed the small teams to enjoy the game just as much as the big ones.

In the past I've found the best guilds had about 20 extremely strong players, once the game was far enough along that those players really understood the games mechanics intimately.

Depends on the environment and mechanics involved. I've been in banes (seiges) that were 200+ Vs 200+. Hell, even now in the Shadowbane emulators (in their diminished state) being run you would it find it tough to compete with only twenty. The Pac-Rim players can easily bring 100-120. If this ends up, at least seige wise, anything like SB, you are going to need more than that to compete. That's a fact. 

It can revert in some ways like the old days in SB, where "Nut-Cup" was not a term. Guilds were smaller, there were smaller nations. People had political alliances, coalitions, mutual protection pacts to put it another way. We'll just have to see how organized seige combat falls.