• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Combat Chat 2, Part I - Official discussion thread

First and cool article

why would you torture them in a sauna :c

Edited by Lastgirl~

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴
Read more at brainyquote.com/search_results.html#KTJ4dHyeiltlKOTM.99

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

So a follow up on the projectile/time thing...

Is there a plan to increase the amount of time a projectile exists before blowing up based on an appropriate skill level, or will the flight time be standard regardless of skill level?

Er, what's "edging"?

also don't understand time of life for arrows. you fire an arrow at a target and it either hits or misses. Is this for implementing friendly fire? So basically people are just going to block out the sun with arrows to substitute for skill because time of life benefits them?

1362252887_300FC-00009.jpg

We gonna have any arc on projectiles?

^

Thanks for answering the question on projectiles range.. but I guess you could have hinted at bullet drop. :P

I mean, without bullet drop of course an arrow will fly endlessly so you have to make it "explode" or something.

Probably you were talking about magic projectiles though.. I'd still love to see magic projectiles (which are not affected by gravity) have high range with diminishing damage output.

y9tj8G5.png

Always glad to get some more information about the game, definitely taking a wait and see approach to the range combat.

To many questions as to how range will work in groups (especially when dealing with friendly fire). I am glad that they will have an end point however because otherwise you make it impossible to play against ranged people who are aware of their surroundings / have capabilities of detecting stealth.

Cant wait to hear and see more in the future!

KjUVOZg.png

Varius - Veteran Member of LG

Yeah, balancing range/melee is a big deal as you don't want to just get kited and make melee useless, but you also don't want rangers to get stuck in so many animation locks making it impossible to survive encounters.

One of the biggest issues with DFO archery was that there was no way archers could compete with magic in terms of damage output.

Concerning arrows: What about height? One of the great advantages of defending a wall is the range advantage in that attackers come within range before the defenders do. If attacking forces on both sides have the same range, defenders are screwed. You may as well dig a deep, dry moat instead of a wall.

Edited by ZaphodBeeblebrox

Also one MAJOR concern about the system where you have "Animations" be the cool down, is the problem with ESO currently........ Animation Canceling.....

I swear to god if I see weaving in this game I may stab someone....

You can't have a system that allows you to cancel out basic attacks with abilities, if they choose to use a light attack make that light attack go through its entire animation.

KjUVOZg.png

Varius - Veteran Member of LG

and why would arrows need a time of life?

aren't they arcing and eventually will reach the ground anyways?

The way I interpreted it, the time of life dictates a theoretical maximum, where the distance traveled is a function of at least mass - and probably mass * power/skill. Not sure if arrows will have a 'true' trajectory or just a visual one, but based on what we've seen so far in terms of physics, I'd wager it's the former.

just an Eldreth

I don't mind straight line projectiles that have a range and then fizzle out, but I think arc based projectiles are awesome if they can be part of the game as well... something about having to arc your shots just creates a really engaging/immersive experience. 

Edit:  Also another question that 15-20 abilities per character right now... is that like a fully developed character, full promotions, disciplines etc? 

Not that I have any problem with that number, just curious.

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

The way I interpreted it, the time of life dictates a theoretical maximum, where the distance traveled is a function of at least mass - and probably mass * power/skill. Not sure if arrows will have a 'true' trajectory or just a visual one, but based on what we've seen so far in terms of physics, I'd wager it's the former.

well, we're talking about sub 100m combat, so might as well make those arrows fly straight...

pretty re-tarded though if you ask me...

Edited by freeze

Concerning arrows: What about height? One of the great advantages of defending a wall is the range advantage in that attackers come within range before the defenders do. If attacking forces on both sides have the same range, defenders are screwed. You may as well dig a deep, dry moat instead of a wall.

Technically a projectile that is affected by gravity has a higher velocity when shot from a higher altitude (since it gains velocity through the gravity itself).

Meanwhile projectiles' velocity gets smaller if shot from below a castle 'cause gravity pushes it backwards.

Damage should scale as mass*velocity*velocity, so velocity is everything.

Edited by Fenris DDevil

y9tj8G5.png

Really excited about the diversity you guys keep putting into Crowfall. Not only does time count on a projectile, but also you make some that are fast or slow, big or small, exploding etc.

Still want more on melee classes like Templar and Champion ;)

Edited by KrazyPanda