Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

AOE skills

snissel

Since CF is going to be based around group conflict I can see assassin shining with stealth aoe dps and cc skills. I imagine a 5 man group consisting of three sins and two rangers. Whoever has the best group aoe cc starts the conflict and then the others aoe them down. If they do have friendly fire (ff) which I believe they should, then a reall skillful stealth group can wreak some havoc.

Obsidian-ForumSignature.jpg

Since CF is going to be based around group conflict I can see assassin shining with stealth aoe dps and cc skills. I imagine a 5 man group consisting of three sins and two rangers. Whoever has the best group aoe cc starts the conflict and then the others aoe them down. If they do have friendly fire (ff) which I believe they should, then a reall skillful stealth group can wreak some havoc.

The consideration is of course, you can be really good at one or two things, but not at everything.

+Stealth

+AoE

+DPS

+CC

I'd say that would outreach the "good at a few things" and make assassins good in far too many scenarios.

Well I'm hoping the assassins aoe is not their strongest strength but they do have it. Plus I was hoping the promotion class is what determines the strength. So a x promotion class would give stealth + aoe, stealth + cc, etc.

If there is no stealth + aoe promotion class I was hoping just pure numbers of assassin could utilize an aoe strategy.

The whole concept of assassination has a strong 1v1 component to it. It's not impossible to build a stealth-capable AOE class, but I'd find it very odd if anyone thought that "assassin" was the right name for that class.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Well in the video where Coleman calls people bad players he did say the game is built around group play and not 1 v 1 was my interpretation 

Sure, the core of the combat engine is mass combat, but that doesn't mean that every class should be an AOE class.

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Oh of course not but I hope not all the promotion classes aren't geared to being all single target tho. Maybe a cc single target then.

Oh of course not but I hope not all the promotion classes aren't geared to being all single target tho. Maybe a cc single target then.

I think the premise of most assassin classes are to be able to kill at opportune moments with a high rate of efficiency or in a short amount of time.  Maybe, we're simply using the wrong terminology and there will likely be classes who have stealth, but are support related who will have AoE or CC affects to their abilities.

According to the interview Scree did there is only 2 stealth classes assassin and rangers with stalkers being the class with stealth detection. This is for launch and maybe more stealth classes will come down the line.

According to the interview Scree did there is only 2 stealth classes assassin and rangers with stalkers being the class with stealth detection. This is for launch and maybe more stealth classes will come down the line.

I read that a few times before speaking about it on the show, then just re-read every word for it.  I didn't see anything about them limiting stealth to 2 archetypes.  What they said is that an archetype like a ranger(stalker) would likely have access to anti-stealth.

Edited by valor

I read that a few times before speaking about it on the show, then just re-read every word for it.  I didn't see anything about them limiting stealth to 2 archetypes.  What they said is that an archetype like a ranger(stalker) would likely have access to anti-stealth.

Ok I misread it then. I thought the cost factor of doing stealth animations was  the reason why it was only two classes and more archetypes would then get stealth when they had more budget for animations. Live and learn.

Edited by snissel

Ok I misread it then. I thought the cost factor of doing stealth animations was  the reason why it was only two classes and more archetypes would then get stealth when they had more budget for animations. Live and learn.

They did say it would be limited though, so you might be right! But looking at the archetypes, I could see 3-4 maybe end up with it depending.

They did say it would be limited though, so you might be right! But looking at the archetypes, I could see 3-4 maybe end up with it depending.

I hope they do because Obsidian is going to be a sin/ranger "sausage fest" lol

Not sure how that makes a sausage fest since all assassins are female.

Tully

Not sure how that makes a sausage fest since all assassins are female.

I said it because people understand the term sausage fest more than clam/roast beef/meat curtains fest

Assassins should be very good at burst mode 1 on 1 combat.  Although I would love a strong AOE, I think this would make the class OP.  I can see some CC.  Always wanted to see a nice blinding flash bang that would temporarily incapacitate and allow the assassin to meld back into the shadows.  

I would love to have a system for assassins that rogues once had back in the vanilla days of WOW, when you could specc a rogue to be a swashbuckler with less burst but fun things like riposte/evasion/counter strike and wield two swords, or a burst DPS dagger wielding rogue.

Edited by whisperblade

• 2 months later...

Assassins should be just 1v1 burst with soft cc (slows, poison and so forth). 

Shouldnt have too many aoe skills dont think it will be fair and it will take away from the actual class.

Edited by BlackMagic

mael4.jpg