Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Payplus? More like Stressplus [Rant]

Can I just say, I have not ever had a harder time trying to give someone money.

• Tried paypal - ERROR
  • Tried mastercard - ERROR
  • Tried diff browser - ERROR
  • Tried enabling 2FA - ERROR (also could only get that set up by using a QR scanner)
  • Tried checking out from my phone - ERROR
  • Tried disabling anti-virus - ERROR
  • Emailed payplus, they told me I needed to change my email address... Seriously?  - ERROR
  • Emailed payplus a second time, they made "other changes to my account" - SUCCESS

The bit about needing to change my email address is just mind blowing.  I've had this email address for years, used it to purchase from 100's of sites and have never had a single issue.  I'm a programmer for a large e-commerce corporation.  I've built payment systems, and I've never ever seen anything that would make an email address stop a payment from capturing.

I don't know what kind of operation they are running over there but.... well I'm not allowed to swear in the forums so I'll just leave it at that.

RANT OVER.   :D

support@artcraftent.com with your concerns, and submit a ticket to livegamer. Just so the problem can be fixed for future backers.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

Can I just say, I have not ever had a harder time trying to give someone money.

• Tried paypal - ERROR
  • Tried mastercard - ERROR
  • Tried diff browser - ERROR
  • Tried enabling 2FA - ERROR (also could only get that set up by using a QR scanner)
  • Tried checking out from my phone - ERROR
  • Tried disabling anti-virus - ERROR
  • Emailed payplus, they told me I needed to change my email address... Seriously?  - ERROR
  • Emailed payplus a second time, they made "other changes to my account" - SUCCESS

The bit about needing to change my email address is just mind blowing.  I've had this email address for years, used it to purchase from 100's of sites and have never had a single issue.  I'm a programmer for a large e-commerce corporation.  I've built payment systems, and I've never ever seen anything that would make an email address stop a payment from capturing.

I don't know what kind of operation they are running over there but.... well I'm not allowed to swear in the forums so I'll just leave it at that.

RANT OVER.   :D

I had the same issue.  ACE allowed me to directly transfer funds via PayPal.  Screw Payplus.

http://www.twitch.tv/Waikikamukau Yes, it's Why-Kick-Uh-Moo-Cow / Twitter: @TheMukau

We're more than painfully aware of the problems some people experience with our payment provider.  We like people reporting the issues that have to them as it puts these issues under a very harsh spotlight. (and sometimes we get action that fixes problems).

A big part of the issue is how sensitive to fraud this and other payment companies that service games are.  The slightest mistake in a name, address multiple failed tries or an IP location error (i.e. it thinks you are a different country than your billing) and you will be flagged as potential fraud and have to dialog with the provider to complete the purchase.  In their defense, people with higher fraud rates lose access to charge mechanisms which is devastating to any business.  They are trying to protect both us and themselves, and finding the right balance there is challenging.

10 years ago, we could have owned this completely, but the rules now around payments are such that we have to work though third parties for this. (the requirements they have are extremely expensive to meet in both time and money).

This gets an inordinate amount of my attention and that of our web/platform team.  It does get better every week, but we have a ways to go before it will be a level I'm comfortable with.

Sorry for the problems both the posters here and those who are just reading have had.  We want to hear about them when they happen and we want to get them fixed.

Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

We're more than painfully aware of the problems some people experience with our payment provider.  We like people reporting the issues that have to them as it puts these issues under a very harsh spotlight. (and sometimes we get action that fix problems).

A big part of the issue is how sensitive to fraud this and other payment companies that service games are.  The slightest mistake in a name, address multiple failed tries or an IP location error (i.e. it thinks you are a different country than your billing) and you will be flagged as potential fraud and have to dialog with the provider to complete the purchase.  In their defense, people with higher fraud rates lose access to charge mechanisms which is devastating to any business.  They are trying to protect both us and themselves, and finding the right balance there is challenging.

10 years ago, we could have owned this completely, but the rules now around payments are such that we have to work though third parties for this. (the requirements they have are extremely expensive to meet in both time and money).

This gets an inordinate amount of my attention and that of our web/platform team.  It does get better every week, but we have a ways to go before it will be a level I'm comfortable with.

Sorry for the problems both the posters here and those who are just reading have had.  We want to hear about them when they happen and we want to get them fixed.

I do feel for you on this, Gordon.  I am...exceedingly...aware of PCI DSS 3.0 compliance especially with card not present transactions.  It's a crazy balancing act between merchant, processor and bank over who bears responsibility if something goes wrong.  I'm in the process of assisting with its implementation in the hotel/gaming industry in Las Vegas.

I did open a ticket both with ACE and Payplus when my 'errors' happened.  Payplus' answer: change the e-mail address associated with my Crowfall account.  Seriously wrong answer.  Let's inconvenience the customer when they are trying to initiate a transaction that will result in revenue for the third party processor's customer.  Most people take the path of least resistance: well if you're making me jump through hoops to give you money, I'll just take my money somewhere else.  This results in lost revenue due to no fault of the merchant but the processor completely creating the situation all in an attempt to avoid responsibility if, and that's a big if, something goes awry.

Luckily, ACE has some accommodating support personnel which allowed me to a) purchase a KS Amber and B) layaway a KS Emerald upgrade via direct fund transfer utilizing PayPal.

Payplus, not ACE, needs to re-evaluate their policies and develop new procedures in order to verify e-mail addresses.  We already have to put in CVV2 codes, correct billing addresses, zip codes, etc. to purchase goods online, I think they could find a better solution than 'you need to change the email address you associated with your Crowfall account'.

Edited by Waikikamukau

http://www.twitch.tv/Waikikamukau Yes, it's Why-Kick-Uh-Moo-Cow / Twitter: @TheMukau