Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What Weapon types will be available/craftable?

Dakyn

I have been digging around on this site, but i cannot find anything on exactly what weapon types will be available.

I know in Shadow Bane they had:

Sword (1 hander)

Great Sword ( 2 hander)

Hammer (1 handed)

Great Hammer (2 handed)

Axe (1 hander)

Great Axe (2 hander)

Bows

Cross Bows

Daggers

Staff

Wands

They even had throwing weapons that you could dual wield and mix and match:

Hammer (1 hander)

Daggers (1 hander)

Hurlbat/Axe (1 hander)

Anyone found any links regarding this?

No info on specific equipment has been released. We can probably expect that sort of thing as we get closer to a playable client.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

No info on specific equipment has been released. We can probably expect that sort of thing as we get closer to a playable client.

I would hope it would be soon. They really must have an idea already.

According to the art work they have swords(dual handed Knight fighting the Champion)/great swords, pole arms, daggers, bows, and hammers. Would it really be all that difficult to tells us what they plan to support? Even if it was a scaled back initial set?

That reminds me, Shadow Bane also had lances, spears, and pole arms.

Edited by Dakyn

I would hope it would be soon. They really must have an idea already.

According to the art work they have swords(dual handed Knight fighting the Champion)/great swords, pole arms, daggers, bows, and hammers. Would it really be all that difficult to tells us what they plan to support? Even if it was a scaled back initial set?

That reminds me, Shadow Bane also had lances, spears, and pole arms.

I think you can use your imagination and come up with a pretty exhaustive list, based on the archetypes we've seen and the videos showcasing them. Legionaires will certainly have polearms/halberds/spears or some equivalent weapon class. I think it's very early on in the development cycle, so I don't think they need to "tell us what they plan to support" since it's in flux anyway. 

I guess I'm just curious what the difference is. Clearly there will be one handed swords + shields, daggers, spears/polearms, greatswords, bows, caster staves, etc. Just look at screenshots and whatever you see will probably be available. 

Edited by Varaben