Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RaynMaykr

Unique Guild Crests should not be locked behind $700-800 paywall

I'd like to take this opportunity to provide some constructive criticism on one of the guild bundles in the store.  Specifically related to the Unique Guild Crest benefit in the $800 package that's currently on sale for $700.

I think this is a bad monetezation decision and will keep something that could be a huge selling point as a cool feature and instead makes it extremely limited.

My recommendation is to make unique guild crests available once a guild reaches a certain number of members and has been around for a certain length of time.  In EVE they follow this system and last time I checked for my own alliance it was 200 members AND around for 6 months.

This keeps the number of submissions ACE needs to check low but removes the monetary aspect of it.

By making this be able to earned through playing and growing in game Crowfall will be better for it.

If you look at the impact this has on EVE it's huge!  The news making alliances have creative logos/ crests that members can be proud of.  It embodies the attitudes an organization brings to the game.  If you then look at the EVE Corporation system (corps can join together and form an alliance if you're unaware) with crests they are based on a standard set of icons and colors.  These are bland and lots of people end up with the same ones.  I think this is a bad situation to end up on with a major organization structure in Crowfall.

ACE - Please consider changing this in your $700 guild bundle.  Do a quick search for EVE Alliance logo and you'l see what I mean.

Edited by RaynMaykr

U1U8i28.png

theres already this thread : http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/7426-anyone-believe-the-premium-guild-package-is-overly-priced/

there the devs stated that this is also a very expensive feature for them (check crests manually (racism, rights etc) and including them into the client).

I think its good to have it behind a paywall, so that not every 10 man guild use a unique guild crest. I still think if you have a big enough guild the price is not that high if everyone pays a little bit. In your example it would be 3,50$ which shouldnt be that hard for anybody.

IMO having a unique guild crest should be open to all guilds to say a 10 man guilds should not have them is slightly elitist of u. So what im in a 10 man guild doesn't mean im less important then the massive guilds, and not only that that fact that your big doesn't mean you should have a unique crest over my guilds want for one. I ran a small guild from swtor through WS we had roughly 30-55 "at peak" which I would consider small but that doesn't make us less dedicated or less relevant then your,

BIG guild. so I agree with your OP of the price but not with you clearly elitist views on guild prowess or "big willy" syndrome you clearly have

Edited by Bremmen

Hey just Shout Bremmen and he will, Rise and Destroy the people you wish decimated :o

IMO having a unique guild crest should be open to all guilds to say a 10 man guilds should not have them is slightly elitist of u. So what im in a 10 man guild doesn't mean im less important then the massive guilds, and not only that that fact that your big doesn't mean you should have a unique crest over my guilds want for one. I ran a small guild from swtor through WS we had roughly 30-55 "at peak" which I would consider small but that doesn't make us less dedicated or less relevant then your,

BIG guild. so I agree with your OP of the price but not with you clearly elitist views on guild prowess or "big willy" syndrome you clearly have

Its not about being elitist or something (Im not even in a guild so far). Its just about costs and profitability in my opinion. If they let everybody make their crest they will be flooded with small guilds of which a high percentage maybe not evene be active a half year. After 3 years we would have thousands of "not anymore used crests" in our client.

Edited by Garukor

so the zerg gets the cool features, no thanks.  I hope they keep it expensive so it will stay unique.  They need to make $$ somehow.  Ya it might be a little overpriced, but, it is one of those things a guild can take donations on, if they want it bad enough.  

They need to make $$ somehow.  Ya it might be a little overpriced, but, it is one of those things a guild can take donations on, if they want it bad enough.

Exactly, when they remove the mandatory monthly sub (and people still complain VIP is pay to win) they need to monetize other elements of the game. I'm sure you all want to provide a living for yourselves in your chosen professions.

There are ways to get very good value in this game such as KS sub packages, and ACE is generously going to allow store credits / purchases. While I have spent more upfront than any other game, I also feel it is the best value I have seen offered. And that is without being able to sample the product yet.

So buy a Ruby, or collect funds/store creds with friends over the next 18 months, or just use the preset symbols that have been good enough for MMOs for decades. It is all about what you personally value - a choice I am grateful to be offered.

rSHxVEY.gif

Wouldnt be a "paywall" if you simply made the money. Lemonade stand anyone?

You're hilarious dude, you deserve awards for your degree of wit and intelligence, you truly do.

I'm puzzled why people feel comfortable telling ACE what business decisions they should make without offering a business case justification to support their position. "You should do Y instead of X, because by doing Y you will make less money" is not a compelling argument.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

I'm puzzled why people feel comfortable telling ACE what business decisions they should make without offering a business case justification to support their position. "You should do Y instead of X, because by doing Y you will make less money" is not a compelling argument.

Did you not notice that I used Alliance logos in EVE as an example of the impact it has on a player base?

U1U8i28.png

My recommendation of limiting them to large guilds wasn't to be elitist, it was a mechanism by which ACE can limit the number of submissions without having a $800 payment be the way in which they limit the number of submissions.

U1U8i28.png

Did you not notice that I used Alliance logos in EVE as an example of the impact it has on a player base?

I noticed that you expressed the opinion that people liked them. specifically, "If you look at the impact this has on EVE it's huge!  The news making alliances have creative logos/ crests that members can be proud of.  It embodies the attitudes an organization brings to the game." But you didn't offer any explanation or evidence for the hugeness of this impact on CCP's bottom line.

Do you think that there is a significant number of people who are playing Eve today who would not be playing Eve if they didn't have custom alliance crests? Do you have any studies or figures which support that position? I'm sure if you can make a convincing business case that ACE will make more money by enabling custom crests that they'd be willing to reconsider their stance, but "Look how pretty they are, people like them" is not that kind of business case.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Yeah, no.  Just no.

They are a small team, designing a huge game.  They have a need for both money and a way to not receive hundreds of dickpics a day alleged to be "guild crests."

It's painful to look at that $800 price tag, but it's 100% reasonable.  It's one of the best income sources they have going for them.  And you're wasting your time trying to change it.

I noticed that you expressed the opinion that people liked them. specifically, "If you look at the impact this has on EVE it's huge!  The news making alliances have creative logos/ crests that members can be proud of.  It embodies the attitudes an organization brings to the game." But you didn't offer any explanation or evidence for the hugeness of this impact on CCP's bottom line.

Do you think that there is a significant number of people who are playing Eve today who would not be playing Eve if they didn't have custom alliance crests? Do you have any studies or figures which support that position? I'm sure if you can make a convincing business case that ACE will make more money by enabling custom crests that they'd be willing to reconsider their stance, but "Look how pretty they are, people like them" is not that kind of business case.

If you're looking for a business case in the sense of: by not having them they'll lose $x in revenue per year?     That's not the only kind of ubsiness case that exists.

EVE alliance crests have a significant positive impact on the game.  People that have played and been part of a group that has one or been part of a group that designed one know what I'm talking about.  

U1U8i28.png

If this was going to be the only way to get yourself a guild crest, or if all the ones available in game were very generic.. then sure, I could see why someone might whine about it.  But it's not the only way and they're not all generic.  I'm sure their in game guild crest creator will be good enough for most people and will allow for plenty of unique crests.  Just not as unique as the pay ones.  I really don't see anything to complain about.

EVE alliance crests have a significant positive impact on the game.  People that have played and been part of a group that has one or been part of a group that designed one know what I'm talking about.  

If your argument is "you had to be there to understand," it's not going to hold much objective weight.

Here's the dev post in case people are too lazy to click that link.

Why is it so pricy?  It starts with us having to look at every single incoming guild crest and make sure it isn't obscene or out of character with the game world (I guess that will be 15%+ of submissions), then ensure it doesn't violate any intellectual property (and that process won't always work, we don't know every IP holder in the world).   When an IP holder calls us about the fact you have the equivalent of Micky Mouse on your crest, we'll have to investigate and possibly pull it down (or radically modify it) if they are right.  Then we've got to make the guild crest part of the game build itself, since all the rest of the people in-world will see your guild crest.  We'll probably need to have an artist work on it so that it can work right in the game world and dialog with you about that process.

Todd and I say; PLEASE DON'T BUY THIS!  It's a pain for us, but we know some people will have to have it so we added it to the higher level rewards.

Thank you!

Screen_Shot_2015_09_13_at_3_04_43_PM.png

Check us out here.

10 man guilds can buy this too.. guilds with larger numbers may feel like their investment may be appreciated by more people (duh) but even a 1 man guild can buy this.. it's all about how much value 1 or a number of people think a custom guild crest brings to their game.

It definitely is easier to split up a $700 payment among alot of people but I know people that are considering buying this and it's 1 or 2 people that are actually going to buy it.. one guild I know that WILL be buying this will have at least 100+ people in guild when the game goes live and the only person contributing towards the custom guild crest is the Guild Leader.

There definitely is a cost barrier to discourage people from buying this, but it's so ACE doesn't have 1000 modified dlck pics to sort through or some "Artwork" someone stole off of google images.

OQa1xvz.png?1

lol ok.. I wonder if I'll still be able to steal directly from people's inventories.. hrmmm

;)Twitch - Twitter

RIP DOC GONZO

Also, to add yet another reason why this is a silly suggestion.

If you want them to just give this to people with 200+ member guilds, those people would literally need to raise less than $5 per person.  Those people already get this feature with hardly any investment.  So where is the issue?

In your scenario: only big guilds can get this at all.

In their scenario: big guilds can get it super easy, small guilds can get it if they want to fork over cash.

You literally just make the entire situation worse.

/thread

Hurry everyone get your comments in before Pann locks this thread and references http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/7426-anyone-believe-the-premium-guild-package-is-overly-priced/ !!

OQa1xvz.png?1

lol ok.. I wonder if I'll still be able to steal directly from people's inventories.. hrmmm

;)Twitch - Twitter

RIP DOC GONZO