Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I always wonder how duping even happened in SB. If every item has a unique ID in the database, did each transaction/trade of the item create a new record, and auto-iterate the ID, counting as a new item, then add a deleted status to the previous record, allowing for exploits that would create the new record but not add the deletion to the previous one? Was the ownership of the item and the item itself all part of the same table instead of separate linked ones? 

I'd really love to know more about how the hell it actually happened from a database perspective.

ncLez59.png

Lag/Glitches can create dupes for gold/items. Pulling internet during a transaction could be used....lots of ways. I just want them to be aware and use the best detection possible otherwise people won't play.

wargod_zpscxbcsru9.gif

Play to Crush!

Luckily with the way this game is set up with campaigns a huge exploit will likely be contained to one set of campaigns. Item degradation and import taxes will also really help with this too. If some massive exploit happens in this game the lasting effects will be much shorter than in a typical MMO.

It's almost impossible for there not to be some sort of insane exploit happen at some point. Luckily this game has a few things going for it in that regard.

Edited by Zybak

Most duping I have ever heard of usually occurs while accessing the bank, or trading with another player.

These 2 areas especially need to be hardened to protect against possibly duping.