Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Can we please make bone armor a thing?

I need runic bone armor.

I need monster hunter dragon-head-style-hype-armor but with a strong western twist (too many eastern jrpg concepts)

I need some serious hard core deathknight(but not soley restricted to unholy) looking armor.

Something that seems savage brutal, and neutral, or dark and corrupted, or maybe sort of saint-bones-y.

Bone armor.

Please?

Pretty please? While you're still potentially able to make it a thing?

Goal with bone armor being some sort of elemental theme maybe? Could go that route right? natural selection, and a bias for taking the strength of animals resistant to the environs through spell-duggery.

Maybe some tie in to enchantments or that system, and or, some other aspect of the game that deals in the whole soul thing.

Edited by Zomnivore

This is actually extremely appropriate, as a fantasy world should have some pretty powerful and magical crafting materials both organic and mineral.

It was nice that they had such complex tables of realistic minerals in their crafting charts, but I would hope to at least see mithril, even if we don't see stuff like adamant or orichalcum.

As well, things like griffon beak, monster hides and dragon bones would be pretty fascinating crafting materials. practically speaking, some of these should be superior to realistic metals for things like armor or weapon construction. The best bows in Game of Thrones are made of Dragon Bone.

Edited by bahamutkaiser

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

Makes sense.

Most armour would probably look "regular", as it's likely that most of your gear will be made by crafters with common materials.

However, if you somehow where able to find some rare creature-related materials, say a giffons' skull: It'd make sense to see that represented on the armour itself.
I.E: here is your shiney new griffin-skull helmet, congrats!

~Strategy is the art of making use of time and space.
I'm less concerned about the latter than the former: Space we can recover, lost time never.

I was rather fond of the stuff you could do with human flesh, bone and skin in mortal online... Lead to some interesting RP at the very least. Not sure if they'd go so far in Crowfall. But I would not be against it.

Lf6MJUL.png

Meryk - Member

I just hope we can butcher someone's mount, light a fire, cook it, and eat it, while their ghost watches. Ah, the good old days.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Wonderful idea....I am on board.  It could be weak to crushing for sure...little better for mana regen  then leather mail or plate.  The Druid would look sexy hot in bone armor with those skulls on her...

My thoughts exactly! My dream druid would look something along these lines.
ab01cf90-e2f8-0131-bfec-0eb233c768fb.png

Edited by Acidstrider

Lf6MJUL.png

Meryk - Member

There was bone armour in Ultima Online, therefore it is a must for every mmorpg.
Maybe it could even work the same as in UO, so that it is the best armour, but it is rare and it can’t be repaired.

bonearmor.gif

Edited by Sengi

wA3SUGZ.png

SWG had Bone Armor. Was basic stuff for Crafters but was good for server start-up. My guild made our first monies on it. Would later run around starting cities giving out bags of the stuff and weapons to new players. Care packs and always marketing and recruiting.

Ah, talk of Bone Armor brings me back to great memories of good times. Hope to see lots of Crafting customization and experimentation options. Would also like to see more formula variance, either by accident or design.

Count me in for Bone Armor and for it being rare, special, and unique.

Edited by Maxima

"Signals, Sound off Plates and Greaves! Line up! Prepare to advance!"

- Saying things a Centaur Legionnaire likes to hear.

Would be interesting considering the theme of the game. I do feel as though it would work better as cosmetic rather than make it a main armor type IMO :wub:

custard cosmetics

I agree with you that Bone armor is awesome. I love Monster Hunter, and currently playing MH4U. However how would that work in this game? It is a pvp centric game.... so are we making armor out of our enemies? There is hardly any pve so where would you get rare materials for higher quality Bone armor?  Are you just gunna collect the materials from Bone like Nodes?

PvE is like water to my whiskey. Don't water down my whiskey.- Ronald Reagan

Don't be a custard gonzo.- Abraham Lincoln

I'm all for any option that allows you to disassemble a corpse and adorn it in some manner.  I've said it a few times, but one of the coolest features I recall from an MUDs were skinning the corpse of a slain enemy and wearing their skin as a cape.

[@--(o.O)@]

I wouldn't mind it. Even though they insist we will only have like 4 styles of armor, I highly doubt that would stick. My assumption is we could afford about 10 armor types per archetype with the budget. Bone armor I'd assume would have similar characteristics to chain (or scale in this case) so I wouldn't see it as a huge problem. Every fantasy needs some level of sophistication on armor. Some people like light armor that is merely light leather, others might want it to still be light but be bones, others might want light armor to be cloth. Even if armor isn't meant to be a big thing in Crowfall, I think some level of customization is REQUIRED for an mmo. One of the most important things an MMO needs to accomplish is individuality. People don't like early on levels since everyone looks the same in starter clothes 90% of the time. In most MMOs you should be able to freely distinguish yourself from others and not run into 20 clones of people.