Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lastgirl

Forum signature size restrictions

I think 600x50 is crazy.

A lot of other online pvp forums do not have such restrictions.

I would love to put my cute signature up

mzYr9kI.gif

what do you think would be a reasonable size, because I believe x50 height is not~

discuss

bye

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴
Read more at brainyquote.com/search_results.html#KTJ4dHyeiltlKOTM.99

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

I love the 50 restriction!!

Elaborate why.

thanks in advance

that really does look smooshed fenrial.

I hardly think 500x is an unreasonable size, there are way more obnoxious sizes to abuse than this.

Edited by Lastgirl~

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

I agree that it sucks that you guys can't use your images as signature, however I prefer how it is currently with the 50x500 limitation. Visual clutter on forum is not something I appreciate, and usually I have no interest in looking at other people signature. Some images can be nice to look at a couple of times, but not necessarily every time someone post.

An alternative to the current restrictions could be to post the image that you guys chose at the end of the message, like BraveSirRobin was doing.

Edited by courant101

I agree that it sucks that you guys can't use your images as signature, however I prefer how it is currently with the 50x500 limitation. Visual clutter on forum is not something I appreciate, and usually I have no interest in looking at other people signature. Some images can be nice to look at a couple of times, but not necessarily every time someone post.

An alternative to the current restrictions could be to post the image that you guys chose at the end of the message, like BraveSirRobin was doing.

it's actually 600x50 limitation.

50x500 would be amusing though. Vertical signatures could be the rage and make people burn more calories scrolling, which would be good and healthy tbh

That is fair, thank you for elaborating instead of jetah's poorly made sockspost. I mean, its not really that hard to scroll past, the human eye can only focus on one thing purely while everything else is peripheral.

So lets discuss that instead of reasonable forum signature sizes.

Keyword being "was", for SirBraveRobin.

That would be a chore~

mzYr9kI.gif

Edited by Lastgirl~

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

Hey LG!

So very nice to see you :)   Sure, larger sigs would maybe be nice, but we have to be appreciate of what we have been given.  ACE in its kindness didn't have to provide any at all ya know?  I mean, we have this nice comfortable quiet forum, what more should we really be asking for? :)

I have heard though, if you ask really nicely someone might put it on a list for consideration.  But, please be patient.  They are building a great game for us so we shouldn't bother them with too many requests.  

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

I just don't understand why people are able to have text/quote sigs that take up massive chunks of screen space yet I'm not allowed to use my image sig which would use less space. I understand some people hate them and don't want them taking up their screen when their trying to read posts, I get that, but you do have the option of disabling them, we don't have an option to enable bigger sig images.

But that's what forum signatures are for... that's how they came about! People liked to sign their messages with text/images and so the signature feature was added to do it automatically. The fact people are starting to do it the old fashioned way just shows why the max size needs to be increased. Edited by Fenrial

Haha, yea 600x50 makes more sense than the other way around. Vertical signatures... why not.  :D

glad i could help

Hey LG!

So very nice to see you :)   Sure, larger sigs would maybe be nice, but we have to be appreciate of what we have been given.  ACE in its kindness didn't have to provide any at all ya know?  I mean, we have this nice comfortable quiet forum, what more should we really be asking for? :)

I have heard though, if you ask really nicely someone might put it on a list for consideration.  But, please be patient.  They are building a great game for us so we shouldn't bother them with too many requests.  

ellieeeee <3

You're right, I am just throwing forth a small humble request, but at the same time I am also curious about your opinions on the matter, so that is the intent of this thread and maybe to jump what would be generally a reasonable signature size.

You couldn't be more right about patience either!

But that's what forum signatures are for... that's how they came about! People liked to sign their messages with text/images and so the signature feature was added to do it automatically. The fact people are starting to do it the old fashioned way just shows why the max size needs to be increased.

Exactly. Someone's been a keyboard warrior longer than I have~

mzYr9kI.gif

Edited by Lastgirl~

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

Using a forum signature into all your posts is not something I like to see. There's a forum feature where you can disable or ignore forum signatures to be shown (individually and globally) and putting your signature picture into your post forces people to look at them. They simply can't ignore them anymore. That might be the exact reason why people do it, but forcing it upon people is not really nice.

Ow, and here is an idea: don't try to circumvent these signature rules. The only thing that can happen is that ACE is forced to tighten them up and no one wants that right?

Edited by Canth

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

Using a forum signature into all your posts is not something I like to see. There's a forum feature where you can disable or ignore forum signatures to be shown (individually and globally) and putting your signature picture into your post forces people to look at them. They simply can't ignore them anymore. That might be the exact reason why people do it, but forcing it upon people is not really nice.

Good point, there you go courant, that should help you out. That's a nice compromise too!

mzYr9kI.gif

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

i agree!  No one should  be forced to look at anything they don't want to look at!  Boo to that.  Everyone should just be happy with their forum and posting experience.   

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

Good point, there you go courant, that should help you out. That's a nice compromise too!

Yeah, so why don't you move your forum signature back where it belongs so no one is forced to look at it?

Edited by Canth

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

Forumposting is a unique experience.

I really do like my comfort as I breeze through threads. I don't like it if it's antagonizing...or  boring. I think it could be nice to spice it up sometimes with some variety, and signatures can be really cute to look at~

So I mean, what could be a reasonable size to express some of that?

emot-toot.gifmzYr9kI.gifemot-toot.gif

Edited by Lastgirl~

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

Yeah, so why don't you move your forum signature back where it belongs so no one is forced to look at it?

That's really mean :'c can you be a bit more constructive and on topic? I'm looking for a compromise after all

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

I just don't understand why people are able to have text/quote sigs that take up massive chunks of screen space yet I'm not allowed to use my image sig which would use less space. I understand some people hate them and don't want them taking up their screen when their trying to read posts, I get that, but you do have the option of disabling them, we don't have an option to enable bigger sig images.

But that's what forum signatures are for... that's how they came about! People liked to sign their messages with text/images and so the signature feature was added to do it automatically. The fact people are starting to do it the old fashioned way just shows why the max size needs to be increased.

I don't know why they can put image + lines of text + quotes while you're not allowed to use your 70x height image. Disabling some signatures could work I guess, but I still think the benefits of having larger signature are very small compared to the inconvenient of having a forum full of images.

What I want on the forum is to read the messages of the users, not to look at the same image over and over again. 

Edited by courant101

I don't know why they can put image + lines + quotes while you're not allowed to use your 70x height image. Disabling some signatures could work I guess, but I still think the benefits of having larger signature are very small compared to the inconvenient of having a forum full of images.

What I want to do on the forum is read the messages of the users, not look repetitively to the same image over and over again. 

There has got to be a way to make all our forum family happy, there must be!  Of course the forum is for reading but then..............some want to have a little bit of fun too!

A disablement feature may be the answer.  

There has got to be a way to make all our forum family happy, there must be!  Of course the forum is for reading but then..............some want to have a little bit of fun too!

Apparently there is one o:

but if there is one, then surely there wouldn't be such an unnecessary limit to the signature size then as well, so I mean its not an unreasonable request I don't think.

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

It's ironic that every time I see your current signature, I start reading it for a few seconds. At the same time I'm pretending to dislike images in sigs...

:P