Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lastgirl

Forum signature size restrictions

Ow, and here is an idea: don't try to circumvent these signature rules. The only thing that can happen is that ACE is forced to tighten them up and no one wants that right?

Yeah, so why don't you move your forum signature back where it belongs so no one is forced to look at it?

Yes Canth, you are so right. Thank you for having the community at heart. Circumventing the signature rules by putting pictures in your post could be grounds for immediate time-out time. Nobody wants time-out time. I think, however, that you are going about it the wrong way. We want these forums to be a super productive place, and the only way to be super productive is to make sure we adhere to the topic.

Here's a cool thing I learned and I think it'll make the forums better; just make positive posts. I feel that yours come off a little strong and passive agressive, and that doesn't make a super awesome community for a game like crowfall. Just report the posts so that panns super-duper mod team can take care of it [and saves yourself from getting in trouble] and just drown out all the bad posts with really, really positive posts. It also lets the new mod team get experiences, and saves you the time from reciting the rules, cuz [duh] who wants to read that super long Rules of Conduct. This is the only way we will have a strong-bonded community, with no drama, going forth into the game. Just keep posting. Keep posting positive posts. So we don't get strong aggressive posts like yours. Just lots of really, really, good, positive posts.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

My solution? CSS max height. Remove the image size restriction and set the max height of the signature area to something sensible. Then I won't have to waste time scrolling past giant walls of quote text and be able to use my bloody tiny steam sig.

And a lot of other have restrictions for a reason or they don't even allow signatures. What it is now is fine and we don't need bigger ones.

Edited by Nex

Yeah, it kind of sucks for fat sigs, proper sigs probably work fine, but their a little difficult to get artistic with, you can see how shrunken my sig has to be :,(

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

aww thank you <3

It is pretty smooshed though, which bears the point.

What do you guys think would be reasonable signature size?

Albion Online forums dont get very carried away at all with clutter on this matter and the sigs arent obnoxiously big at that either. I mean they are closer to release since they're about to do an alpha

so signatures are important to represent guilds, especially since they go at it pretty hard in the guild threads which is fun ^_^

Edited by Lastgirl~

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴
Read more at brainyquote.com/search_results.html#KTJ4dHyeiltlKOTM.99

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

100-120px seems about right to me. I think at the very least they should be able to be as tall as out avatars which is 100px. As I've said before, well rather I ranted about before, I've seen giant wall of text sigs on here, some easily 200px or more in height. Hardly seems fair.

aww thank you <3

It is pretty smooshed though, which bears the point.

Albion Online forums dont get very carried away at all with clutter on this matter and the sigs arent obnoxiously big at that either. I mean they are closer to release since they're about to do an alpha

so signatures are important to represent guilds, especially since they go at it pretty hard in the guild threads which is fun ^_^

Not sure you will ever get this to be like Albion Online forums , LG, js.  CF seems to march to the beat of it's own drummer.   Most say it is unlike any other forum they have been to.  

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

Just had a look to Albion forum. 2 messages, 16 words and a page full of images.

uYYrp8K.png

Viva signature restrictions  :)

LOL courant!   Don't wanna be lookin' at dat!

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

What we need is a pay wall for bigger images in sig's!  This should line up perfectly with the pay to post.

Elaborate why.

thanks in advance

that really does look smooshed fenrial.

I hardly think 500x is an unreasonable size, there are way more obnoxious sizes to abuse than this.

See this post

Edited by jetah

etDenA9.png
Camaraderie ~ Loyalty ~ Honor ~ Maturity ~ Integrity ~ Duty

Those guys have been trying to push it and the moderators have been cleaning up their sigs before. its funny courant. It'll normalize. But that's only a few of them, and albion forums are way more active and busy atm so there you go. Hundreds of posters with reasonable sigs, and a few trolls who are pushing buttons, nbd.

Sure ellie, that's well and all but I'd have to agree with fenrial and cryptic. At least like x100 - x250 wouldnt be so bad.

Just tell me the post jetah, don't really want to click/look at another thread, since I've already read all the posts here friend, thanks in advance.

Edited by Lastgirl~

The most important thing is to enjoy your life - to be happy - it's all that matters. - Audrey Hepburn “:♡.•♬✧⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾*+:•*∴

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg

Those guys have been trying to push it and the moderators have been cleaning up their sigs before. its funny courant. It'll normalize. But that's only a few of them, and albion forums are way more active and busy atm so there you go. Hundreds of posters with reasonable sigs, and a few trolls who are pushing buttons, nbd.

Sure ellie, that's well and all but I'd have to agree with fenrial and cryptic. At least like x100 - x250 wouldnt be so bad.

Just tell me the post jetah, don't really want to click/look at another thread, since I've already read all the posts here friend, thanks in advance.

the link is on this thread.

etDenA9.png
Camaraderie ~ Loyalty ~ Honor ~ Maturity ~ Integrity ~ Duty

i sure do love seeing the same naruto image being thrice the size of the actual post 3 times on the same page because while the poster may like 6000x6000 forum signatures he also likes to post

keep the restrictions for the love of god and instead let people be creative with what they have.

the link is on this thread.

stay on topic please thanks in advance <3

btw ellie, that person's sig has been cleaned up on the AO forums.

i sure do love seeing the same naruto image being thrice the size of the actual post 3 times on the same page because while the poster may like 6000x6000 forum signatures he also likes to post

keep the restrictions for the love of god and instead let people be creative with what they have.

Hmm, how would you be creative with your space?  emot-allears.gif Given the 100x50 space to work with.

Edited by Lastgirl~

mz_Yr9k_I.jpg