Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Real life money for player created content?

Dakyn

I have a subscription to EverQuest Next Landmark which allows players to make anything they can imagine if they can figure out how to use the voxel tools to build it.

One of the things SOE was promising (not sure now that SOE was sold to Daybreak) was that player made content in Landmark could be sold for real life money in the new EverQuest Next MMO should a player wish to buy the temple and the design is approved.

Since Crowfall is also going to allow for Player made content/creations (buildings at least) that raises a few questions:

1) Will we be allowed to template things we design?

2) Say a guild originally builds a fortress of their own design in a Campaign World and like the design alot, would they be able to template it so that could build it again in the next Campaign World without having to do it manually all over again?

3) Could someone build a structure in their EK and template it and take it into a Campaign World?

4) Would we be able to sell a template to another player/guild? If so, would protections be put on the template so they couldn't just make unlimited copies of it for themselves (either the template or by templating the creation once they make it themselves) or give it away? I ask due the copyright problems that came up in SecondLife around just this issue.

Being able to make a design and showcase it in your EK so others could check it out decide if they want to buy it would be great. Real life money would be really nice, but even in-game money and other stuff in trade would be great too.

Just some thoughts on the issue and hoping that ACE might be able to provide some feedback.

I think you are confusing emergent gameplay and player crated content. This is a game where you will create player interaction content (roleplaying, pvp drama, etc.) but you will not be creating your own buildings, dungeons or other art assets.

I know we are going to have voxels, but this is not going to be that kind of game where you use them.to create anything! They are being implemented fully for destruction.

ood luck making money elsewhere though and I hope you have a different kind of fun here!

Edited by Adall

You might want to check out this thread:  http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/3757-hey-artcraft-can-we-help-build-crowfall-now/

Player building such as in Landmark was suggested and Todds response was:

JToddColeman, on 04 Mar 2015 - 11:11 PM, said:snapback.png

Yeah, Crowfall isn't really a building game in that sense. It's just not part of our vision. We're much more "survival mode" than "creative mode".

Landmark is doing that, so it's worth checking out, and I think Shroud of the Avatar is doing user generated content, as well?

Both good games. Very different focus.

Todd
ACE

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

You might want to check out this thread:  http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/3757-hey-artcraft-can-we-help-build-crowfall-now/

Player building such as in Landmark was suggested and Todds response was:

JToddColeman, on 04 Mar 2015 - 11:11 PM, said:snapback.png

Thanks, I wasn't having much success trying to find a link on the topic.

the problem with this ceoncept is that if the Crowfall devs would like to release this design they wont be able to since an other player already released it and a big part of the game funding would be generated by the microtransactions in the store.

maybe players could sell something else instead...