Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ducem

Who gets to loot?

I'm sure you'll feel better after looting some corpses.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

People need to think about what the loot will be.

It will be resources and equipment that you hopefully also have access too.

Its not like your prescious purplez are getting stolen.

We don't need loot rules. We don't need messages. Click faster.

nAd1VPD.png

"Agelmar is King of the Hypocrites and Ruler of the Kingdom of Hypocrytia"

In terms of "messages" I do think it would be good if looting had an animation and perhaps a sound.  It would make sense that if someone is bending over to loot bodies in plain sight that you would see that.

IhhQKY6.gif

Free for all looting, but not instant corpse looting as in other MMOs. Corpses take a second or a few seconds to loot and taking damage stops looting or resets the timer. Basically make a corpse like a gathering resource node. That way, if you want to scavenge the dead bodies, you'll likely have to take out the other crows first. 

nYgae2w.png

I disagree about the need to make looting special with sounds / timer / messages. It is what it is, it worked great in other full-loot MMO's.

Darkfall's style I think suits it best - you loot whatever you want (via drag n drop / double click), no questions asked, scavengers (battle-looters) will do whatever they want, just kill them or punish them in some way if you don't like it. Be creative.

I disagree about the need to make looting special with sounds / timer / messages.

Do you disagree with it having an animation?  People who are looting should look like they are standing around doing nothing?  If so, why?

IhhQKY6.gif

Do you disagree with it having an animation?  People who are looting should look like they are standing around doing nothing?  If so, why?

Well, animation will be fine actually, but anything beyond it will be pretty pointless. It's a sandbox full-loot MMO, messages and timer would be beyond the point of the game, sounds are ok if it's implemented right.