Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tahru

Serrated - Maximizing the Crowfall Experience EU/RU/NA [Now Accepting Members]

21b03c416e3660e326b50d5eec9f5bdb0a273d10

In the brave world ahead, diversity is the key to success.  As such Serrated will endeavor to provide a healthy mix of passionate PvP players as well as craftsmen and other professions.  Serrated will cater to gamers that have lives to live and will endeavor to keep the game play fun above everything else.   Our members should not feel obligated to play, as our goal is to make our members want to.

Serrated will allow players, recommended 17+, with a mature attitude.  Real world politics, discrimination, and content inappropriate for all sexes will be highly discouraged.

Serrated will be a place to meet new and old friends.  A place where you can have fun and still feel like you made a difference.

If interested in joining, please see the recruitment process (click here).

High Level Guild structure:

Serrated is broken down into 4 focused branches and a representative leadership council.  Members may choose to be in one or more of the branches.
e16405a9de5c0d28b8525ee1182dd7a3d99901c7

Roles and Responcibilities:
The organizational structure will vary based on the size and demand.  However, the following principle roles show the basic layout.

98920e6af6f6014bf6f3466d9373201ef34e9911

Hardcore -vs- Casual: Serrated will adjust the size of player groups based on the ratio of casual to hardcore members.  This is a highly scalable approach which will be applied at every level from crafters to major generals.  Serrated is a hardcore guild that finds its strength in the size and diversity of its membership. We are very social, in it to win, and most of all to have fun.  All of the leadership will receive training in dealing with the different player types.

Member Types: All, diversity is the key to success. There will be an especially strong need for many PvP players and crafters.

Target Size: Huge, but regulated to enure compatibility.

Target Focus: Campaign and economic dominance.

Target Age: 17+ and mature, exceptions made on a case by case basis with parent approval.  For example, if a father wants to play with his kids.  The main point is that the guild will be composed of adults talking like adults and quite possibly about adult things at times.  Censoring will occur only when inappropriate content, for example discriminatory or inappropriate for all sexes.  We will not censor for younger ages, which is why there is a recommended age.

Member Geographic: US and Europe.

Provided Guild Services:

The guild includes a state of the art NodeBB forum and a premium GameVox voice server which can scale with its members, Slack for instant messaging and custom built web based services to fits the needs of the guild from highly experienced developers.  The services are built on the same network and hardware infrastructure as the Crowfall game.

Serrated invests in quality services to make the experience of Crowfall better and more enjoyable for all our members.

About Me:

I am a gamer and have played many MMO’s.  I am also an engineer and a dad.  My word is my bond.  I am a hands off leader, but I also pay attention.

Edited by Tahru

SR8DSigTemp_Tahru.png

Greetings Tahru,

I'm a structure freak my self and have been using similar set-ups for year and I love to see that there are more with a similar mind set :)

I wish you best of luck and I look forward to the development of Serrated!

/salute

Gen. Prom
Guild Leader of KDS
Recruitment Post - Guild Recruiting and Management - #warstory
Visit us at www.kdsguild.org

Thanks guys!  It is a pleasant surprise to see you here TheGameChicken.  sm_logo.png

Edited by Tahru

SR8DSigTemp_Tahru.png

Thank you very much :)

On a side note, what package do you need to actually be able to get in the game now? And is it worth it atm? I had no luck when I asked on the questions thread

We can cover this on the clan forum in greater detail.  But the short answer is that there are no instances available right now.  The base price at launch is supposed to be $50 I think.  Since I was on the kick starter, I do not know the prices you are seeing.

Well written and thought out.  PM has been sent.

Best of luck regardless :)!!

Thank so much.  Looking forward to having you aboard!

SR8DSigTemp_Tahru.png

Thanks Anaraion!  Just want to add that much of the forum is hidden to non-guild members.  Also, we are building our guild infrastructure with a focus on tools that can integrate with user applications and highly scalable cloud platforms so we can support hundreds of simultaneous players, not using a slow closed platforms like enjin.

This is a trying time to find a good guild or guild members, especially for a game that does not exist yet.  Even the old guilds have only a few people repeatably posting.  Serrated is not an old guild, it is a guild started by experienced players hoping to learn from the past and make a truly great winning guild that is fun for everyone to play.  At this stage, we are looking for people to combine experience and knowledge with to develop the core social framework for the guild.  Any passionate gamer is welcome even they don't want to lead.

If anyone wants to talk to me directly, just ping me here or on the guild forum and I will be happy to explain the vision of the guild and what we are looking for.  We have TS3, so we could even chat on it if preferred.

SR8DSigTemp_Tahru.png

One really great advantage to preparing a guild early is there is time to learn each other's strengths and discuss strategic ideas.

SR8DSigTemp_Tahru.png

Whoot!!

The gates are open...

If you are looking for some friends and some people to game with why not get both with Serrated? 

The leaders will focus on doing the simple things consistently and fairly why you all go kick but.  And honestly there can never be enough awesome people so head on over to our forums and see what you think.  If it looks like a good fit register and let's build this thing together :D !!

0f678e9787b873074149c019e1245cc58ac62d89

Congrats and good luck as you start to build your guild/community!

Balancing the expectations of winning with the desire to just have fun is usually the most difficult challenge when growing a community.  Selecting a primary focus is the only major suggestion I have!

Congrats and good luck as you start to build your guild/community!

Balancing the expectations of winning with the desire to just have fun is usually the most difficult challenge when growing a community.  Selecting a primary focus is the only major suggestion I have!

Valor,

I updated the main topic to be a little more clear.

You have my humble gratitude for a most honorable and considerate recommendation.  Since long before the guild was started, I had carefully considered many factors of building the social community and the enormous amount of drain it will have to maintain.  I have considerable experience in many relevant areas, but admittedly we all have more to learn no matter how much we think we know.

When I finally took this guild on, I decided we could be more than hardcore or casual, more than fun or successful.  It is hard to do as you said.  But it is not impossible when you have a leadership committed to the union.  When it is successful,. it will be unstoppable.  But getting it there is a true challenge.  Should the unfortunate circumstance happen where Serrated does not succeed, it will not be because of a lack of will.

Tahru

Edited by Tahru

SR8DSigTemp_Tahru.png

Greetings All,

Hope the weekend is going well and as always if you are looking for a home be aware we are looking for exceptional people...

http://forum.serrated.us/

At the site we are clarifying roles and responsibilities.  We are discussing casual versus hardcore.  We are taking the time to make this a home, because let's face it most guild do not succeed because the people there are only sharing time in game and do not actually have a relationship with the other players without the game.

So if you would like to work on making a new home drop by.  Take a look and see if it would be a good fit.

All the best regardless... /bow.

Edited by Anaraion

0f678e9787b873074149c019e1245cc58ac62d89

If your looking for a home in Crowfall then give Serrated a look. Its an opportunity to get in at the ground level and help build a unique community for your upcoming Crowfall adventures.

Many positions are open at all levels in both the civil and military divisions of the guild. So if you fancy your self as a politician, general, spy or just want the simple life of a civilian join today.

http://forum.serrated.us/

986e5a5a5cc4391b01922e5b921860733c61db60