Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cannibal man

State of the Off-Topic Forums v1.5

Well thing is I don't think their intention was simply for different communities to co-exist. I would think their goal is that we all meld into a new community, the Crowfall community.  If there's an issue that I could point at and say that's why there's so much discord is that I think one side of the equation just wants to keep to themselves and not intermingle with others. So until some drop their baggage and move on I think we're going to keep seeing people run afoul with the law so to speak.

pang to be nice about it and honest at the same time is hard.......you should just shut up and fade into the backdrop. Everyone sees you as someone that has his/her head sooooo far up certain peoples custard that EVERYTHING you say stinks like their crap. But I like you as a person just not as an online personality....hope that helps.

Neither of these posts are really helpful.  Pang, while you have good intentions (I believe), dismissing the concerns or wants of the group here due to your perception of them creates as much conflict as them retorting to you in the way that Kriptik did.

There is no respect here on the forums, and forcing people to respect each other is a fruitless venture.  Instead, establishing rules for how you are allowed to call someone a moron without having to jump through hoops and pretend to be nice is what is needed.  It has come across that the current stance is simply to not call someone a moron.  That position will alienate from this particular forum, quite a few people.  That being said, the biggest issue that I see right now is options, and there are NONE.  This is the currently supported forum for CF and people are forced to interact here with others that they don't like and have extensive history with.

I said as much back when many of these decisions were being announced and I still believe that full support for the entirety of the CF community will come from player ran sites/forums.  Some may disagree with that decision, but that's not a bad thing.

Neither of these posts are really helpful.  Pang, while you have good intentions (I believe), dismissing the concerns or wants of the group here due to your perception of them creates as much conflict as them retorting to you in the way that Kriptik did.

There is no respect here on the forums, and forcing people to respect each other is a fruitless venture.  Instead, establishing rules for how you are allowed to call someone a moron without having to jump through hoops and pretend to be nice is what is needed.  It has come across that the current stance is simply to not call someone a moron.  That position will alienate from this particular forum, quite a few people.  That being said, the biggest issue that I see right now is options, and there are NONE.  This is the currently supported forum for CF and people are forced to interact here with others that they don't like and have extensive history with.

I said as much back when many of these decisions were being announced and I still believe that full support for the entirety of the CF community will come from player ran sites/forums.  Some may disagree with that decision, but that's not a bad thing.

Plenty of other places on the internet for people to be toxic to each other if they want to. 

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

I agree with ellie and adall on this one, these "forum rules" are geared toward the mass genocide of a certain group of people because they don't want them here

While

This said group has not remotely taking this stance. In fact there are multiple occasions where they have attempted to break this "social barrier" to no avail because some people just have sticks so far in the custard they don't realize it is there anymore!

And as everyone has said before, if the forums aren't a "direct representation" of the game, to backers and investors alike, why can you all tell the community to either grow tougher skin or fudge off?

Considering that is exactly what's happening, more or less, already!

You're hilarious dude, you deserve awards for your degree of wit and intelligence, you truly do.

That baggage though meh.   The way I see it, ONE side has been more than willing to intermingle.  ANOTHER side wants what they have always had, and STILL has to this day, btw.   See if you can figure out which one is which.   A Crowfall Community would be wonderful!   I thought we were forming that during KS'er...........now I just don't know. :(

Well the fact that we are still talking sides and counting ourselves among those sides says it all.   Shouldn't matter what game we played before or how the forum was run where you came from. This is Crowfall now, should be here to help ACE get the game to launch, no idea why its gotta be difficult to figure out.

@valor, not dismissing anything, simply trying to state that this should in fact be a new community. Not one based on past games or past forums. I just think too many came here thinking because who the Devs were and what games they made that meant that this new forum had to be run a certain way or "riot".

Edited by pang

I agree with ellie and adall on this one, these "forum rules" are geared toward the mass genocide of a certain group of people because they don't want them here

While

This said group has not remotely taking this stance. In fact there are multiple occasions where they have attempted to break this "social barrier" to no avail because some people just have sticks so far in the custard they don't realize it is there anymore!

And as everyone has said before, if the forums aren't a "direct representation" of the game, to backers and investors alike, why can you all tell the community to either grow tougher skin or fudge off?

Considering that is exactly what's happening, more or less, already!

Seems fairly simple to me, they have pretty standard forum rules for any game company that wants to maintain a respectable image in the industry...  They aren't out to get anyone...

There's not a good option out there yet, but if people are patient, community projects will spring up to support the needs that aren't being met.

I think that's just a matter of preference... For example many people find the IRC that some of us hang out in quite refreshing since it has little to no rules enforced. 

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

I think that's just a matter of preference... For example many people find the IRC that some of us hang out in quite refreshing since it has little to no rules enforced. 

Exactly, and I am hopeful that we can encourage player driven support for the community and have those embraced by ACE as outlets for the "less desirable forms of communication" that have been the crux of the consternation here.

Exactly, and I am hopeful that we can encourage player driven support for the community and have those embraced by ACE as outlets for the "less desirable forms of communication" that have been the crux of the consternation here.

Well it wouldn't make sense for ACE to go too far out and embrace the really unruly places.  They have an image and reputation to maintain. 

The slack serves the same purpose, but both aren't as easy to use/access as standard forums for many folks. Having a decent set of community forums outside official forums will go a long way if most people make the jump.

Seems fairly simple to me, they have pretty standard forum rules for any game company that wants to maintain a respectable image in the industry...  They aren't out to get anyone...

It's interesting that you say that Viking, for I recall someone deciding to adhere to the forum rules & actually trying to change his mentality.

But instead of being taken in that light, they are then accused of being sarcastic with absolutely no proof. No actions out of CoC regulations, and they actually sounded "human" but now they are banned.

So let me get this straight: we can't ask for change in forums, we can't be unfriendly in anyway NOR can we be friendly after we are, in fact, labelled unfriendly. So how do you survive these forums?

You get out. Mass genocide. As was my point in previous posts.

You're hilarious dude, you deserve awards for your degree of wit and intelligence, you truly do.

The slack serves the same purpose, but both aren't as easy to use/access as standard forums for many folks. Having a decent set of community forums outside official forums will go a long way if most people make the jump.

I think they are easy enough to access that if someone is truly compelled to find a wilder atmosphere they are willing to go explore such things... I wouldn't say the slack serves the same purpose though but that's just my opinion. 

In this day and age forums in general are pretty boring to people... they prefer real time chatting/facetime.... or the main social media hubs like reddit and twitter. 

Well the fact that we are still talking sides and counting ourselves among those sides says it all.   Shouldn't matter what game we played before or how the forum was run where you came from. This is Crowfall now, should be here to help ACE get the game to launch, no idea why its gotta be difficult to figure out.

@valor, not dismissing anything, simply trying to state that this should in fact be a new community. Not one based on past games or past forums. I just think too many came here thinking because who the Devs were and what games they made that meant that this new forum had to be run a certain way or "riot".

This is it exactly!   More so for one group than the other.    One used to basically no rules and the other locked down so tight that I think they have webcams installed to make sure you are smiling when you type.   Neither is going to get what they want.   But one side is more rigid in their thinking because there is much less control of the situation and discussion if you allow opinions to be voiced. There is control when people are censored.  And it works to perhaps make the game experience less intense than what it would be if you allow some free thinking.  Hard to find that grey area.   

Edited by ellie

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

I think they are easy enough to access that if someone is truly compelled to find a wilder atmosphere they are willing to go explore such things... I wouldn't say the slack serves the same purpose though but that's just my opinion. 

In this day and age forums in general are pretty boring to people... they prefer real time chatting/facetime.... or the main social media hubs like reddit and twitter.

Forums allow for a better conversation amongst a volume of people. Hard to have a good conversation with 30+ people all at once creating what effectively becomes spam :)

Forums allow for a better conversation amongst a volume of people. Hard to have a good conversation with 30+ people all at once creating what effectively becomes spam :)

Well that's what places like reddit are for, but I don't see anyone trying to popularize the crowfall reddit...

Well that's what places like reddit are for, but I don't see anyone trying to popularize the crowfall reddit...

Lol!  You really think you will get a cross section of all gaming groups in CF reddit?   GL with that.  Reddit is a dirty a word to some as PvP is.

I guess the forum is preferable as it is the only place where you are going to get a cross section of all groups that will be playing this game.  And believe it or not there are some that want to hear the ideas from all sides.   I want to hear what others are expecting.   What they want and don't want to see.  

And .............I want to have the opportunity to debate them.   

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

Lol!  You really think you will get a cross section of all gaming groups in CF reddit?   GL with that.  Reddit is a dirty a word to some as PvP is.

I guess the forum is preferable as it is the only place where you are going to get a cross section of all groups that will be playing this game.  And believe it or not there are some that want to hear the ideas from all sides.   I want to hear what others are expecting.   What they want and don't want to see.  

And .............I want to have the opportunity to debate them.   

Reddits pretty popular... you would probably get a cross section of all gaming groups in CF if the reddit was made to become active. 

Reddits pretty popular... you would probably get a cross section of all gaming groups in CF if the reddit was made to become active. 

That's becasue reddit is a festering pile. Not like these forums.

Exactly my point!   ^^^    I could say that reddit  ( at least the CF reddit ) is much milder than even these forums and no one will believe me due to reddits rep.

For the record, I have been to the CF reddit many times and the inactivity is disappointing although JamesGoblin has made a valiant effort to change that.   Hopefully people will try it and it's popularity will grow.  

Edited by ellie

Plenty of other places on the internet for people to be toxic to each other if they want to. 

This is you pushing the people YOU consider toxic out of the community. Sad thing is you are another favorite.

KRIPTIKserratedv3_zps4ptlmh6o.gif