Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cannibal man

State of the Off-Topic Forums v1.5

From my point of view the mods were doing a fine job... the issue I believe you witnessed is that some people may be on a shorter leash because they are intentionally trying to bend or break the rules.  So while something may be perceived as heavy-handed from the outside, there is a history behind it that often justifies the reason for it. 

Hmmmmm.  I wonder how and why there are so many ppl that seem to have inside info on others "history".   Last I knew WPs were not visible to anyone but the account owner.  I am not aware of anyone having a "shorter" leash than anyone else, nor should I be as discussing moderation and how it has effected "individuals" is not really supposed to be discussed, is it?  I know you are trying to defend here.  Let's make sure while you are defending you are not also disparaging anyone with things no one really has any firm knowledge of.

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

I absolutely agree. I don't read like every post that is written here on the board (also several of them are deleted like... real quick) so indeed, it is just a perception. But a more or less common bad perception is actually... part of the problem, don't you think?

Well it's kind of a catch22... ACE is trying to be lenient I believe because people have put in their money already and ACE is trying to do right by their customers, but that leniency can also work against them if people start trying to exploit it too frequently.

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

Well it's kind of a catch22... ACE is trying to be lenient I believe because people have put in their money already and ACE is trying to do right by their customers, but that leniency can also work against them if people start trying to exploit it too frequently.

I would personally like a dev/cm  confirmation on this.    I have heard this stated , more than once, and honestly I have seen no evidence any such thing officially occurring.  But that is me.   To state something such as this might give an unwary new person a sense of false security based on the size of their pledge/ the fact that they backed at all.   So, perhaps this can be cleared up by the ones that decide such things.  

Edited by ellie

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

That is incorrect. Financial considerations have nothing to do with it. In all of the cases where I let someone off with just a warning, removed warning points, lifted suspensions, etc. it was in the hopes that they would, as Gordon says, "Go forth and sin no more." 

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

That is incorrect. 

Thank you, Ms Pann.  Much appreciated.

Ever seen a permaban due to overly positive behavior? It may have been snarky to those who knew the poster's real personality, but we also know your real personality and you're surviving just fine.

Ever seen a permaban due to overly positive behavior? It may have been snarky to those who knew the poster's real personality, but we also know your real personality and you're surviving just fine.

I can not comment on what may or may not have happened with other people, but I can say without a doubt that you have no idea what my personality is. 

That is incorrect. Financial considerations have nothing to do with it. In all of the cases where I let someone off with just a warning, removed warning points, lifted suspensions, etc. it was in the hopes that they would, as Gordon says, "Go forth and sin no more." 

Oh i'm not trying to say the more you pay the more you get away with... I'm trying to say that ACE is putting out a conscious effort to do right by their customers so they have been flexible at times and that flexibility in turn will be tested and tested as people try to explore the limits of it. 

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

Go forth and sin no more?

What kind of ungodly heathen do you think I am?

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

"Oh i'm not trying to say the more you pay the more you get away with... I'm trying to say that ACE is putting out a conscious effort to do right by their customers so they have been flexible at times and that flexibility in turn will be tested and tested as people try to explore the limits of it. "

I believe you connected financial contribution with leniency.  "because people have put their money already". Didn't have anything to do with ammount , had to do with they had contributed.

Anyways...............I very much appreciate Pann on behalf of ACE clearing that up.  :)

"Oh i'm not trying to say the more you pay the more you get away with... I'm trying to say that ACE is putting out a conscious effort to do right by their customers so they have been flexible at times and that flexibility in turn will be tested and tested as people try to explore the limits of it. "

I believe you connected financial contribution with leniency.  "because people have put their money already". Didn't have anything to do with ammount , had to do with they had contributed.

Anyways...............I very much appreciate Pann on behalf of ACE clearing that up.   :)

Yes... once they put in their money they are basically customers, and ACE is trying to service their customers.  They would rather not throw the rulebook at everyone as hard as possible... so they will be lenient at times, give people chances, but with that leniency comes people trying to push the limits, especially in a game of this nature. 

If pann was trying to say that is not the case, well then i'd simply have to disagree with her. 

Edit:  We've already seen GW's views on backers, they are trying their best to do right by them... they are not trying to go scorched earth and punish people for anything that could be argued as a violation through some loose interpretation of their rules. 

Edited by VIKINGNAIL

Yes... once they put in their money they are basically customers, and ACE is trying to service their customers. They would rather not throw the rulebook at everyone as hard as possible... so they will be lenient at times, give people chances, https://crowfall.com/#/about-the-game with that leniency comes people trying to push the limits, especially in a game of this nature.

If pann was trying to say that is not the case, well then i'd simply have to disagree with her.

Edit: We've already seen GW's views on backers, they are trying their best to do right by them... they are not trying to go scorched earth and punish people for anything that could be argued as a violation through some loose interpretation of their rules.

How do YOU know a damn thing about the devs? Could you please stop answering for ACE and could you please stop counter-posting to everyone's concerns it's nothing but condescending, belittlement and your tone is that of a frustrated mother talking to her children unable to understand them and their petty unimportant problems. You have already made your stance known. Edited by KRIPTIK

KRIPTIKserratedv3_zps4ptlmh6o.gif

How do YOU know a damn thing about the devs? Could you please stop answering for ACE and could you please stop counter-posting to everyone's concerns it's nothing but condescending, belittlement and your tone is that of a frustrated mother talking to her children unable to understand them and their petty unimportant problems. You have already made your stance known.

I don't answer for the devs, I answer based on what the devs have shown us before and my interpretation of it.  If you are allowed to post concerns, people are allowed to address those concerns with their own perspective and chime in. 

I don't answer for the devs, I answer based on what the devs have shown us before and my interpretation of it.  If you are allowed to post concerns, people are allowed to address those concerns with their own perspective and chime in. 

terms such as "IMO"  "to my understanding, but I may be wrong" and " In my own interpretation, yours may be different"  might go a very long way when discussing something that is not known for a fact and falls w/in simply your own opinion, just sayin......

Counter arguments and counter positions simply for the purpose of being contrary and continuing said argument does fall under the rules of conduct.   

The devs and the devs alone are the "experts" .   No one here nor their opinion holds any more weight than the other.  

terms such as "IMO"  "to my understanding, but I may be wrong" and " In my own interpretation, yours may be different"  might go a very long way when discussing something that is not known for a fact and falls w/in simply your own opinion, just sayin......

Counter arguments and counter positions simply for the purpose of being contrary and continuing said argument does fall under the rules of conduct.   

The devs and the devs alone are the "experts" .   No one here nor their opinion holds any more weight than the other.  

People can speak their opinions without doing it for the sake of being contrary, just because you don't like their opinion doesn't mean their opinion isn't sincere.