Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cannibal man

State of the Off-Topic Forums v1.5

People can speak their opinions without doing it for the sake of being contrary, just because you don't like their opinion doesn't mean their opinion isn't sincere. 

Exactly!  As long as said opinion is stated as such.   Stating things that are opinions as fact can and do mislead ppl.  And then causes confusion in the community.  

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

^^^ :angry:

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

She is already engaged to me.  Stop trying to pawn her off to VN.  

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:

She is already engaged to me.  Stop trying to pawn her off to VN.  

Well, looks like SCotUS made Mal's wish come true ... now they wont have to leave Tx to make it happen.

I love how patronizing the warning system is.

"Before you can post again, you must acknowledge how naughty you were. Now run along and play like a nice little boy."

For your "considderation," somebody might want to run a spell check through the warning notification.

EDIT: Roughly twenty years of online gaming, and this might be one of the more strict forums that I've been a member of. Your house, your rules. Actions have consequences, whether they be warnings or dollars.

Edited by caledon

As long as people dont get a place to chill out, they will find other places (slack, fan forums) to do it in anyways.

I really dont see the point in trying to force ACE to play by our rules,as it would just further escalate things.

Like others have pointed out, its their house. If we dont like it, we can go chat somewhere else.

ps: the VN bait is strong is this thread.

Edited by zinnie

Mal's on Slack?

slack_zpsym8omp7d.png

Hahahaha.

As long as people dont get a place to chill out, they will find other places (slack, fan forums) to do it in anyways.

I really dont see the point in trying to force ACE to play by our rules,as it would just further escalate things.

Like others have pointed out, its their house. If we dont like it, we can go chat somewhere else.

I mostly agree, Zinnie.   My *only* issue is that specific moderators are being ridiculous, IMO.  That is it.  

The devs and the devs alone are the "experts" .   No one here nor their opinion holds any more weight than the other.  

On the contrary, I'd say I'm a very important person. Several of the top 5 most active threads on these boards are ones I created.

Cannibal Man - Future serial killer

I can't even.  You win, I am done with this part of the discussion.

Please stop posting "I really don't see your point everything is as intended" posts it's non productive sir. We respect your opinion but once it's said if you have nothing new to add don't regurgitate it every page.

KRIPTIKserratedv3_zps4ptlmh6o.gif

That is incorrect. Financial considerations have nothing to do with it. In all of the cases where I let someone off with just a warning, removed warning points, lifted suspensions, etc. it was in the hopes that they would, as Gordon says, "Go forth and sin no more." 

Wow, when did Gordon get so soft.....I really like his style, he is a good guy.  Now, Gordon do you have any pull left in UO, can you get my 4 accounts you banned, unbanned (this should be a word) for me? haha, I guess, I will just wait for crowfall....Whatever game Gordon makes I will play!!

Please stop posting "I really don't see your point everything is as intended" posts it's non productive sir. We respect your opinion but once it's said if you have nothing new to add don't regurgitate it every page.

It may be regurgitating, but its not wrong.

No matter how much you cry on the forums, they are not going to change anything.. We have been down this road 2-3 times already, and I don't see any new changes suddenly happening because we disagree with the devs on a thread.

I get that people are frustrated, I am as well. I was just as much against the new forum policies as everyone else. This thread however is going to be just as fruitless as the rest of the previous threads made on the same subject.

There is no point becoming care bears and whine about an issue easily resolved with a third-party option.

Edited by zinnie