Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blaze duskdreamer

Grandson's top 10 tips on open PvP, full loot games.

OK, so grandson's here tonight.  (Right now trying to survive the 7th night at Freddie's.)  Here's his advice for me:

1.  Join a guild.  Trust only your guildmates.  Team up with them.

2.  If you do solo, do not make any contact with players.  Guild is better but if you want to solo, solo.

3.  Avoid the main areas.  Sneak around and get what you need in the outlying areas.

4.  Don't accept teleports from anyone but your teammates because ambush.

5.  Players are dangerous -- could have weapons and kill you.

6.  If there is a day/night cycle and you have shelter, go the **** inside at night.

7.  If someone finds you, run the **** away.  If you can't run away, try and team with them.  Offer them food if you have it.  If they offer you food take it but don't eat it.  Eat something else in your stock.  

8.  Watch them carefully, if they pull weapon -- run.

9.  Avoid places where you can't run, like cliffs.

10.  If cornered and you have a weapon, pull that weapon out and fight them!

Thoughts?

Not quite carebear, but sort of cousin to,

meh, grumpy old lady...

Never underestimate grumpy old ladies.

Oh, #11 -- I forgot he also said this.  If someone kills you, never trust them again when you respawn.  Get your teammates and get revenge!  Last but not least, I'm taking it.

meh, grumpy old lady...

i used to do this in SB ALL the time, especially when I was bored. 

Yeah, I would do that on UO as well.  Ambush or just gate to Destard or Hythloth.  The deeper the better.

Not all of the time...  just when I felt like screwing with someone.

On OP - Your son sounds like he'd do well in this game.  ;)

OK, so grandson's here tonight.  (Right now trying to survive the 7th night at Freddie's.)  Here's his advice for me:

2.  If you do solo, do not make any contact with players.  Guild is better but if you want to solo, solo.

3.  Avoid the main areas.  Sneak around and get what you need in the outlying areas.

4.  Don't accept teleports from anyone but your teammates because ambush.

5.  Players are dangerous -- could have weapons and kill you.

6.  If there is a day/night cycle and you have shelter, go the **** inside at night.

7.  If someone finds you, run the **** away.  If you can't run away, try and team with them.  Offer them food if you have it.  If they offer you food take it but don't eat it.  Eat something else in your stock.  

8.  Watch them carefully, if they pull weapon -- run.

9.  Avoid places where you can't run, like cliffs.

10.  If cornered and you have a weapon, pull that weapon out and fight them!

Thoughts?

Addendum to number 4: if the game has a summon player function do not accept one from strangers, it works the same as kids getting rides from strangers

Edited by gauis

Addendum to number 4: if the game has a summon player function do not accept one from strangers, it works the same as kids getting rides from strangers

There was a game, I forget what, but you could walk to the edge of a cliff...  and summon a player.  Let the fun ensue.  (And yes, I would do this to my friends.  That makes it even more fun.)

Don't even trust those guys. Don't trust anyone. The nicer they are the more likely they are to screw you over.

sounds paranoid

Welcome to New Eden.

Yeah, I would do that on UO as well.  Ambush or just gate to Destard or Hythloth.  The deeper the better.

Not all of the time...  just when I felt like screwing with someone.

On OP - Your son sounds like he'd do well in this game.  ;)

We are wishing we knew the rating.  His mom will let him play T but not M.

sounds paranoid

Well, yes, he is my grandson -- and a NY'er.

There was a game, I forget what, but you could walk to the edge of a cliff...  and summon a player.  Let the fun ensue.  (And yes, I would do this to my friends.  That makes it even more fun.)

Don't even trust those guys. Don't trust anyone. The nicer they are the more likely they are to screw you over.

Welcome to New Eden.

This was my reaction.  How am I supposed to know I can trust those guys either.  He said watch them too.

Also...  it's only five nights at Freddy's.  ;)

(Or is there some game mode where you have to do seven nights?   =X  )

Um, you have not beat the game!  You didn't survive the fifth night, did you?  :P  Grandson has.  And the 6th too.  :P

meh, grumpy old lady...

This was my reaction.  How am I supposed to know I can trust those guys either.  He said watch them too.

Spies abound. Most you should be able to trust at least at first, but when you're guild starts making real enemies everyone is a suspect and trust becomes a 2 edged sword.

Um, you have not beat the game!  You didn't survive the fifth night, did you?   :P  Grandson has.  And the 6th too.   :P

I've never played the game.   =P  I thought (assumed I guess) that there were only 5 nights.

There are some T games I won't let my son play, and some that I will.  I've only let him play one M game, that being Halo.  And no online battle.

I've never played the game.   =P  I thought (assumed I guess) that there were only 5 nights.

There are some T games I won't let my son play, and some that I will.  I've only let him play one M game, that being Halo.  And no online battle.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure his Mom will not go for this one.  He says he PvP's but doesn't like it.  Notice there's a lot of RUN in his advice.  Some of it was kind of my plan anyway.  :)  (My grandson is so like me it's scary, except he's way friendlier.)

meh, grumpy old lady...

Running is always sound advice on a PvP game/server.  Especially if you haven't had the time to evaluate your enemy's skill.  Unless you're VERY confident in your own.  I've scored many a kill in ArcheAge, but I've also been destroyed, and handily, when I stayed to fight.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure his Mom will not go for this one.  He says he PvP's but doesn't like it.  Notice there's a lot of RUN in his advice.  Some of it was kind of my plan anyway.   :)  (My grandson is so like me it's scary, except he's way friendlier.)

We had a saying in Shadowbane for people that run: "Why run, you are only going to die tired."