Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Need A Netflix Show

Vitalized

So I am quite bored with entertainment these days.... does anyone have a suggestion on a good binge show to stream on Netflix?

Shows I have enjoyed: Lost, Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Firefly, Full Metal Alchemist, Gurren Lagann, Death Note, Sherlock, Heroes( I got to like season 3 then burned out)Fringe,Vikings, cant think of anymore.

I prefer a bit of action mainly adventure, doesn't need to be sci fi/ fantasy. I like psychological thrillers ( The movie Hannibal was awesome)

Male lead would be good but female is alright too if she isn't annoying ( Hunger games is an example of good while Pyscho-Pass lead character made me stop watching... so annoying)

Comedy is good too but I am not really looking for that.

I love westerns.

I do the 3 episode rule

Pacing needs to be good. Currently trying to watch the 100 and the pacing is just ridiculously fast. It seems like when I was 6 years old and fighting Sauron and orcs.... just escalated ridiculously lol.

Furthest back would be like the 1980s..... I just have a really hard time with anything older than that unless its John Wayne or a really good plot.

Any Suggestions please?

Bold is what I edited in.

Edited by Vitalized

PvE is like water to my whiskey. Don't water down my whiskey.- Ronald Reagan

Don't be a custard gonzo.- Abraham Lincoln

Merlin, is a decent show, basically a young Merlin the Wizard and Arthur and Camelot and all that.

Sense8, pretty good sci-fi-ish mindbender type show.

DareDevil,

Hemlock Grove

Marco Polo

House of Cards

To name a few I've binged on over the last few Months.

Edited by pang

Most of the shows I'd recommend aren't on Netflix. I think The Americans is on there though and its a very good thriller about Russian spies

Spartacus is on there too, and while it may seem like a poorly made socksty show based on its first episode it ends up being absolutely amazing by the end of the first season. The first episode is really, really bad though, but by the third it should warrant enough to get you to the 4th by which time you'll be enthralled. And if you don't believe me, here's a news article about it:

One of my favorite things to experience as a "Spartacus" evangelist is the string of texts, emails or direct messages I get when a friend begins a marathon of the first season. The progression of messages generally goes something like this: "Seriously, you want me to stick with this? Really?" "Sigh. Well, okay, I guess the gladiator battles are pretty good." "Haha, Lucy Lawless is killing me." "Okay, this is kind of fun." "Wait, am I developing feelings for these people? What is happening?? I'm confused!" "I … what … no!!" "Did that just happen? What the hell!?" and then a final string curse words.

Edited by halethrain

ncLez59.png

Just finished watching Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. season 2, definitely a series I've enjoyed so far. Daredevil is also pretty good but I haven't seen that much of it. Be aware that each episode of both of these series is ~1 hour long so you'd better have some serious time on your hands if you want to binge watch.

If you liked Gurren Lagann you might also like Kill la Kill: the director and writer both worked on Gurren Lagann. I personally thought it was too busy and the plot was seriously watered down by egregious amounts of fanservice, but there were some good moments.

Orange is the New Black. Sure, it doesn't sound appealing and if you watch a trailer you think it's a feminist thing. But it's funny (especially season 1) and there's lots of nudity.

Also, Daredevil is good. Spartacus is epic. If you have Amazon Prime, Rome is also a great one.

You mentioned Firefly but no other Whedon. Buffy, Angel, and Dollhouse are all well worth watching, although Buffy is a little lightweight at the start. (And if you haven't seen Cabin in the Woods, watch that immediately.)

Dexter, absolutely.

Fringe, although it suffers from the usual Abrams problem of having way more questions than answers.

The original CSI (Vegas) is great until Grissom leaves; the others never grabbed me.

Mad Men

The Finder is a procedural comedy nobody's ever heard of; good if you're in the mood for it.

Leverage

Murdoch Mysteries is basically CSI in Victorian era Toronto. Very well done.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Peaky Blinders. Going by your list, you'd like it.

EDIT: I actually rather liked Marco Polo too. If you like Vikings, and Game of thrones, you'd probably at least be interested in it.

Edited by cannibal man

Cannibal Man - Future serial killer

I can't even.  You win, I am done with this part of the discussion.

Recommending Dexter is like recommending a delicious ice cream cone with a pile of dog crap at the very bottom of it. It's so good to begin with, but ends up leaving nothing but a nasty taste in your mouth regretting the entire thing.

Edited by halethrain

ncLez59.png

Recommending Dexter is like recommending a delicious ice cream cone with a pile of dog crap at the very bottom of it. It's so good to begin with, but ends up leaving nothing but a nasty taste in your mouth regretting the entire thing.

They should've made the fifth season with him being caught or some poorly made socks.

1st was great, 2nd was better, 3rd season was awful, 4th was god's gift to humanity, and the rest after that were just purely dogpoorly made socks.

Cannibal Man - Future serial killer

I can't even.  You win, I am done with this part of the discussion.

Thank you for all the replies. Ill try out Daredevil first because a lot of you suggested it. Then Ill just work down the list.

PvE is like water to my whiskey. Don't water down my whiskey.- Ronald Reagan

Don't be a custard gonzo.- Abraham Lincoln