Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cloudfly

Will there be long term permanent character progression?

Title says it all.

I apologize if this has been answered before but my searching ability is shoddy at best.

Will there be any long term perma character progression? (aside from skills / abilities)

Crafting? Does crafting reset every campaign?

Etc etc.

TL:DR

Read it, it isn't long.

I don't really know why you're thinking "crafting" is separate from "skills/abilities". I mean, crafting is supposed to be a full time job in this game, so the idea that you'd lose crafting skill where you didn't lose sword skill is a little outfield.

The only confirmed area where we know the progression for individual characters will not be persistent is the gear that you're carrying. As far as we know (and as far as I'm aware), all other forms of "progression" don't reset in any way.

Yes, your character's trained skills- both combat and crafting skills- are persistent and continue to rise as you train them until you reach the hard caps (if you go that high).

What's not persistent is territory control; maps are reset every so often to give everyone a fresh start.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

I recommend reading the following FAQ's:

Characters and Advancement: http://crowfall.com/#/faq/54e9501e93fc8d634e4d690c

Economy: http://crowfall.com/#/faq/54ca4682bffce6644cb3380a

If you have further questions, the whole FAQ can be found here: http://crowfall.com/#/faq

:)

ZCcquVD.png

THE most active European Crowfall community. Join us now!

Welcome couldfly! Dont even sweat it. We all love new players' but I'd recommend reading through some of the FAQs and watching a few vids to catch yourself up on someone of the basics. 

Also on the front of the website under "About the Game" found here: http://crowfall.com/#/about-the-game

ETERNAL HEROES, DYING WORLDS

Characters are persistent, but the Campaign Worlds are not. Players are crows – champions who travel from one world to the next, fighting an endless War of the Gods.

Edited by Keaggan

I feel like the Eternal Kingdoms are going to be the real long term progression of the game. The really old characters/accounts are going to have insane EKs that will have taken a while to build up.

I feel like the Eternal Kingdoms are going to be the real long term progression of the game. The really old characters/accounts are going to have insane EKs that will have taken a while to build up.

Considering even the winning guild/alliance will not get everything they Embargoed during their time in the Campaign world, it will take a long time for even the zerg guilds to build up and EK to a semi-impressive level. 

Progression or leveling is just some kind of reward-system.

And its the same with almost all MMORPG till today, that after the leveling and story, the game has nothing to offer anymore.

The end game always isnt there in all MMORPG. You play them through and thats it,

So I think its a good way of approach to think of a game without a leveling process

Because the game itself must be motivating, not the rewarding levelingprocess

Edited by Urahara

After EverQuest Next is gone, its Star Citizen for me.

Because the game itself must be motivating, not the rewarding levelingprocess

You can have both at the same time. Titles and cosmetic rewards after X amount of kills or something like that are a good example of rewards that don't mean much, but give some people something to work for.

7ug90hM.png

I dunno. The Bartle A types who have been conditioned to release endorphins based on level up dings and spikier shoulderpad drops probably aren't going to be contented with just achievement unlocked. That motivation system needs to be revectored at the campaign W/L column.

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

I dunno. The Bartle A types who have been conditioned to release endorphins based on level up dings and spikier shoulderpad drops probably aren't going to be contented with just achievement unlocked. That motivation system needs to be revectored at the campaign W/L column.

guy, i played UO, Asherons Call, Shadowbane, etc. I havent been conditioned for anything. but I like having attachment to my character from the hard work I put into it. 

Eve like skill points, right?

No. Passive training but a very different system from Eve's.

guy, i played UO, Asherons Call, Shadowbane, etc. I havent been conditioned for anything. but I like having attachment to my character from the hard work I put into it.

None of those are diku based so you're probably not who I was talking about.

Tully