Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

About me and why I backed at what tier I did

Hello my name is TukTuk (Well not really but this is the internet and you know). I have been browsing this fourm since the KS Campaign but have yet to post anything. Well so here is the start. I saw the KS cause a friend posted it in a FB group and after watching the video I immediately backed.

Before I go into what I am looking to Crowfall just a little bit of my gaming history,

I played WoW on and off for 7 years just recently ended my sub for good. I also dabbled into other MMOs my first actually being Runescape (Ewwww), I have also tried SWoTR, TESO,, some free to play trash, Wildstar and some others. Currently trying Guild Wars 2 and its not the worst. Ive always found them to be lacking in what really want and that is just a community driven game. Sure WoW was fun and the guilds I was in or ran where great for the most part but the game just was a grind once you hit level cap. Endgame content was just another. Im not much of an RPer but I always wanted that option and in WoW it didnt really exist. I hope that Crowfall would have that.

As for non-mmos, I big fan of The Elder Scrolls Series with Morrowind being hands down my favorite. I dont really play a ton of games currently. The main game I play atm is League of Legends which I am a huge fan. I primarily play mid lane and jungle. My favorite champions being Syndra, Vi, LeBlanc and Amumu.

As well as video games I also enjoy table top games. I've played D&D, WoD and some other RPGS in the past. Long time player for magic the gathering (My name is actually a reference to an obscure really poorly made socksty Goblin card. I like goblins) recently sold off the majority of my collections as I no longer wish to play competitively and I learned that was the only reason I was still playing that game was for the money so it was time to hang it up. I also currently play Warmachine/Hordes which is a miniatures game in which I play Trollbloods cause big blue trolls are cool..

As for what I want in Crowfall I just want a good community and a game that is just something different then I played before. I want to be able to fail, I want actions to have consquences I want to get ganked 3am traveling down a road alone and lose my gear because then I learn to not do that again. I want a good roleplaying enviroment I want a game that challenges me and isn't just a grind.
 I want a game that lives and dies on its community I dont want to play a solo MMO anymore. I want a game where it is totally ok for me to just be the swordsmith and I want people to know like hey TukTuk makes all the swords you could possibly need.

I backed at Amber because this game is promising to be everything I want and only time will tell if it is or not. I will be using my name a fallen king/hero perk to honor my close friend who I met through playing magic who died in a car accident about 2 years ago. I hope when you name the King or whatever they have like a cool shrine or something as this would be game I know he would have loved. This perk is honestly a large part of why I backed at Amber. It just felt right to me. Once Crowfall launches I think I will try to mostly be a crafter atleast at first. I also plan on potentially launching a guild if I can get a group of like minded people together but that isnt really related to any of this.

Anyway my name TukTuk and have a nice day.

Edited by TukTuk

mael4.jpg

Welcome in TukTuk! Nice story and we're glad to have you with us. 

Most of what you said you are looking for will be in CF...especially the getting ganked for exploring solo far from home! CF has it's roots in old school MMOs like UO & Shadowbane. Lots of community focus and "make your own fun" type of game. Like you found out from the video the center piece arethe campaign worlds that will provide you plenty of challenge because like they say the most dangerous game...is other humans!

If you are looking for more RP support check out the guild section and I think I saw some in there that might help. The other side of all this is the EKs which are community based like the one I'm starting (shameless plug) just click on my signature for more info.

But whatever you choose there are plenty of people here to help you along the way! 

Welcome, glad you joined us...Each of us have reasons for backing, I am glad your reason is extra special for you.  If you have any questions, concerns or just want conversation, there are many people who will participate, including myself....

Welcome home friend...

Welcome to Crowfall!  I certainly hope you find the sorts of experiences you are looking for in game.

Huge Elder Scrolls fan here.  I spent WAY too many hours in Morrowind during my freshman year of college.  So much fun!

71431_original.jpg

Welcome to Crowfall!  I certainly hope you find the sorts of experiences you are looking for in game.

Huge Elder Scrolls fan here.  I spent WAY too many hours in Morrowind during my freshman year of college.  So much fun!

I still spent too much time playing Morrowind....

mael4.jpg

Hello TukTuk and welcome to Crowfall. When you say that you want a game that is just something different from what you played before, is that because your tastes changed or evolved, or have you always been looking for something like CF?

PFq3vWQ.png

Hello TukTuk and welcome to Crowfall. When you say that you want a game that is just something different from what you played before, is that because your tastes changed or evolved, or have you always been looking for something like CF?

I'd say its a bit of both. I've always wanted community driven games but in the end my taste changed and I grew tired of solo mmos. If I want a solo game I will just play a solo game.

mael4.jpg

Welcome to the forum.  I very much agree about having a game where failure is possible - not many games have truly embraced it that since UO.

I also caught that even though you don't consider yourself much of a RPer, you hope there is a good RP community in CF.  I've run into that sentiment before in games and it does seem to add a vibrancy and civility to a game, even if you yourself don't RP (as long as you can avoid the "RP gummy bear" types that can spring up).

And a very nice thought to immortalize your passed friend in a setting they would have enjoyed.  Good form.  :)

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome!

I will be using my name a fallen king/hero perk to honor my close friend who I met through playing magic who died in a car accident about 2 years ago. I hope when you name the King or whatever they have like a cool shrine or something as this would be game I know he would have loved. This perk is honestly a large part of why I backed at Amber.

I had the same thoughts for immortalizing my late wife's avatar from LotRO.  We met in an MMO back in '99, so the opportunity to get her character's name into an MMO seemed fitting.  :)

Welcome man.

Your list of games sounds very similar to my own and I also want somthing different.

Let's hope Crowfall because everything I think it will.

YannMLq.png

I haven't done anything but lurk yet, but when I saw your post I had to respond.  I hope and believe that this game will become all that you want it to be.  That's one of the cool things about the open design that has been the driving force behind this game.

I have also been looking for a similar thing.  I've been heavily interested in medieval worlds my entire life.  I've spent twenty-one years being fascinated by knights and mages.  I've been searching for an MMO that would let me really explore that kind of world.  Not just a linear progression of gear to better gear and better gear, etc.  The kind of game where you can become a famous blacksmith, or fletcher and craft your way to becoming the Lord of a great kingdom.  Where a great knight might start his own kingdom on the spoils of his battles.  Where weapons break and don't last forever.  I could go on and on, but I'll spare you.

It seems to me that Crowfall is going to be that kind of game.  Certainly the closest thing to it that I have ever personally encountered.  Which is why even though I'm a college student, I dropped the 60$ for Beta access instead of just the 38$ game.  Because if an Xbox game is 60$, I have no qualms at all in supporting this game studio for the same amount in their creation of what I think will be far and above.

I imagine it to be sort of like the Elder Scrolls games, actually.  But where the faces on the other end of the market stall are other actual people.  Or at least merchants hired by real players ;).

Hope to see you in-game,

Felled

a62683edbfc09d0373cb7494e23ef3cd3a056da3