Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[OFFICIAL] What is Your Current Build?

Keaggan

Hello Everyone!

It was bound to happen. A place where we all can talk about our PC builds. A few guidelines:

• Please be specific.
  • Add links to parts if able.
  • Share Pictures of finished builds.
  • Be proud of your build! We all have different levels of funds and enthusiasm. 

That's it! No need to weigh this down with anything else. I'll edit this if someone has any suggestions. 

Happy Gaming!

-Keaggan

Since I started this thread I better lead by example and post my build :D

• CPU: AMD 8350 Black Edition (4.0 GHz)
  • Mobo: ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX Killer
  • RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws Z 16GB 2133
  • GPU: XFX Double Dissipation  R9 290x 4GB
  • HD(s): Samsung 840EVO 250 GB SSD & Samsung F3 1TB HD
  • PSU: Corsair RM 1000w 80+ Gold
  • Case: Corsair Carbide 400R
  • Mouse: Logitech 400 (BEST MOUSE EVER)
  • K/B: Cheap Piece-O-Crap throw-a-way!
  • Headset: Senneiser G4ME ZERO
  • Monitor(s): ASUS 24" LED & AOC 22" LED

My future plans are to work on over clocking CPU & RAM. Mainly I'm waiting for a game to push my rig enough that it feels worth it. Never OCed any of my other PCs. Plus I want to upgrade my HORIFFIC K/B...I really miss my Razer Tarantula :(

Currently running crowfall.exe v. 0.021367

Hopefully that is what you guys are running too?

Yeah, I just wish they would release a self-updating patcher. Downloading the whole 20GB three times a week is killing me.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Yeah, I just wish they would release a self-updating patcher. Downloading the whole 20GB three times a week is killing me.

Seriously...

And no Keaggels, I am looking at the v. no. on the login screen.

Whee, the e-peen thread. No better place to make my post number one on these forums!

CPU: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.5Ghz + Noctua NH-C12P (140mm fan fitted with some trickery though)

MoBo: Asus Crosshair Formula V 990FX, with small overclocks in HT&NB bus speeds

RAM: 2x4GB G.Skill Sniper sticks, currently 1866mhz with CAS9 and 1T

GPU: Sapphire Vapor-X 5850

HDD: Sandisk Extreme II 240gb, one Samsung F3 1TB and two WD's 1tb Caviar disks in green&black flavours

PSU: Corsair TX650W

Case: Fractal Design Define R2

Mouse: Logitech G500

Keyb: Microsoft Sidewinder X4

Monitor: Dell U2412M 1920x1200 LED e-IPS

I've played pretty much only grand strategies and classic 90's & 00's rpg's for so long now that my stone age GPU hasnt really shown its age..but later this summer I am going to upgrade it, along with my PSU, to perhaps 280x Vapor-X and some Corsair 750W PSU. Probably gonna make an order when the next payday comes around. I'm also kinda tired of running so many HDD's, probably gonna buy one 2TB and transfer the 1TB's to my no.2 PC for warehousing.

Keaggan: If you have a reasonably good CPU cooler, you should just up the multiplier a bit on your CPU and leave all the power saving modes on, unlocking some of that "free" performance will make you feel better no matter if you need it on any games or not :D

::EDIT:: Out of curiosity, how do you feel about that XFX GPU? Some bad experiences for me with that company years ago, havent touched their cards since..I'm a Sapphire lover :P

Edited by wizardchakka

• CPU: Intel 5820k Oced to 4.0ghz

Mobo: Asus x99-A

RAM: Kingston HyperX16gb Ddr4 2133mhz 

GPU: Evga 980

HD(s): Samsung 850EVO 250 GB SSD & Western Digital Black 1Tb

PSU: Evga G2 1000w 80+ Gold

Case: Corsair 750D

Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma  

K/B: Razer Blackwidow Chroma

Headset: Astro A40 Gen 2

Monitor(s): ASUS 27" LED

x2NZXT Kraken x61 (One for gpu and cpu)

I only buy brands that I trust. None of the above brands have let me down since day one. I have had to RMA 2 things in 6 years. The companies did me right and have earned my loyalty. =)

4jAGV0Q.jpg

Edited by Handies

• CPU: Intel 5820k Oced to 4.0ghz
  • Mobo: Asus x99-A
  • RAM: 16gb Ddr4 2133mhz 
  • GPU: Evga 980
  • HD(s): Samsung 850EVO 250 GB SSD & Western Digital Black 1Tb
  • PSU: Evga G2 1000w 80+ Gold
  • Case: Corsair 750D
  • Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma  
  • K/B: Razer Blackwidow Chroma
  • Headset: Astro A40 Gen 2
  • Monitor(s): ASUS 27" LED
  • x2NZXT Kraken x61 (One for gpu and cpu)

I only buy brands that I trust. None of the above brands have let me down since day one. I have had to RMA 2 things in 6 years. The companies did me right and have earned my loyalty. =)

4jAGV0Q.jpg

So much cooling  :o

I couldnt help but notice that your GPU seems to bend a bit.

Keaggan: If you have a reasonably good CPU cooler, you should just up the multiplier a bit on your CPU and leave all the power saving modes on, unlocking some of that "free" performance will make you feel better no matter if you need it on any games or not :D

::EDIT:: Out of curiosity, how do you feel about that XFX GPU? Some bad experiences for me with that company years ago, havent touched their cards since..I'm a Sapphire lover :P

I have the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO which is a silent beast of an air cooler. I know I could overclock with it and it wouldn't raise the temp much. But since I never had I'm still nervous. I haven't popped my OC cheery yet! lol  :lol:

But I plan too. Looks like by the end of 2015 Beefier games are coming out and mosdef in 2016. So its a matter of when not if.

Now about the XFX guys...yeah I totally get where you are coming from since they were hit or miss over the last decade but have become more consistent over the last few years. I did my due diligence on every part I bought because for  me $1100 isn't a small investment. The XFX DD R9-290x is a beast at $300+ and has solid cooling. I'm still taken back by how quiet it is even when I push it. From my experience and from others that have it too its been great choice! 

I feel the same way. But since not every part from every manufacturer is great my OCD kicks in and I still do research. I also hate to pay more for just a name so I even check out Corsair & Samsung. 

BTW Love the pic hadies! I'll take some pix of mine and put them up soon  B)

Never overclocked, sheesh. My first home build was a Celeron 300 overclocked to 450 MHz.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Never overclocked, sheesh. My first home build was a Celeron 300 overclocked to 450 MHz.

Hehe..good old times..those old Celerons overclocked like crazy..I first fiddled around with bios overclocking in the Socket A era of AMD..I think it was a 800mhz Duron CPU or something..

Should also try and take a pic of my build at some point I guess..but maybe I will first wait a week or two for the upgrade parts I'm about to get.

Edited by wizardchakka

It was more about never having money if I broken something lol.

Saved up $1100 over 6 months back in 1996 for my first comp. I couldn't risk mess my baby up!

Nice facerip. What temps do you get on the i7? Also which mobo you using?

Side not I'm looking to add 4 more 140mm fans to my case with the speeds turns down. I know I can google this but I wanted everyone's feed back: since I don't have enough fan connectors on my mobo do I need like an adapter to add more? I've seen some that can connect to the PSU but I wanted to be able to adjust their speeds like the rest of my fans.