ACE Q&A for July - Official discussion thread

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s time for another ACE Q&A   FULL STORY

You clearly didn't play Shadowbane. I have complete confidence in the devs commitment to let you gimp yourself.

Historically, the concern in loot PvP games is that a victim, realizing he is soon to be killed and turned into a loot pinata, drags all his gear off his paper doll and destroys it to prevent the vict

Nice, some mornin' reading.

My review of this week's update (I am such a snob):

One of the more informative updates lately ( +1 ), a great video summary to refer new players to.  The Campaign Worlds remain the focus of the game and ACE's resources, the EK still functions as the cash shop to fuel the vision (Now with evidence as presented by ACE with the new cash shop "Forts"), and ACE clarifies yet again that Campaigns rule, Kingdoms drool.

Very nice format, great selection of questions, I can't hear Pann  :( (Her volume is significantly lower than Thomas' & Todd's), the fact that I have only one speaker doesn't help either.  Can I ask you guys to try and work on that for future video interviews?  It might just be me, but I wanted to point that out.  Awesome video.

New tidbits:

• Items cannot be dropped into the world for the time being, if dropped out of the inventory they are deleted (But can be stored in containers, which includes corpses).  Idea will be revisited sometime in the far future.
  • Stronghold multipliers going down to zero is a goal being worked towards, but not guaranteed.
  • ACE is trying to sell all the assets they pump out as EK skin versions.  Recreating a Campaign scenery in the EK might be possible.
  • We can steal from inventories?  I've never had the ability to do so in an MMO, so I'm skeptical about this tease.
Edited by sneaky_squirrel

How Can Mounts Add to the Crowfall Experience?  Caravans, Hunting Boars, and more.

How Complex can Mining be in Crowfall?  Mining difficulty, fatigue, infrastructure.

5. Should the PvP community continue to be concerned about more PvE features?

- I've played the new survival game Ark couple of days now.. I know it's FFA (Free for all) PvP environment on one big tropical island and easy to hide
in bushes vs. other hostile players. But, it feels like a PvE game somewhat with little interaction with other players.
I'm playing solo though - so not in a tribe at the moment, but the size of their servers 75/75 on that big island obviously lack PvP in my opinion.  So something to think about the size of the CF servers to promote PvP and a good challenge in the different campaigns.  ^_^

So I'm not worried for PvE features in CF, but I enjoy quality pvp features instead and I usually play such games for PvP like dayz or BF4, but I understand that PvE is necessary for crafting and gathering of resources to build castles in campaigns and other items like weapons & armor. 
Edited by mythx

MQfHl7c.png

Crowfall Game Client: https://www.crowfall.com/en/client/

6. Traditionally, in MMORPGs, items get discarded. Although, in non-MMORPGs (e.g. Diablo), items fall to the ground for others to pick up. What are the plans for item drops/discards in Crowfall?

Historically, the concern in loot PvP games is that a victim, realizing he is soon to be killed and turned into a loot pinata, drags all his gear off his paper doll and destroys it to prevent the victors from realizing any gain - a scorched earth policy.  I suppose you could implement a trash can with a timer so if you die within X minutes, the "destroyed" items are dropped into the corpse.  Or alternatively, items are not destroyed when discarded but instead fall to the ground, raising questions about clutter (Diablo is fairly messy in this regard).

so... How will you ensure proper reward to the winners in a loot environment?!

Edited by ren

rSHxVEY.gif

Oh, and my two favorite quotes from the video:

"You can make a bad character."

"You have the power to make something really cool or really crappy."

Good stuff!

I'm in the "I'll believe it when I see it" when I hear these quotes. I love the idea, but historically these things have gotten stripped out of games or the choices get boiled down to a point where choosing nothing is still 90-95% as powerful as the "choices."

I really like ArtCraft and I hope they stick to their guns though. I have high high hopes for this game. The amount of communication they give and the honesty is really refreshing. They seem to not have a PR department filtering and changing what they say. It feels very honest and open, which is amazing.

Thanks for the video. 

sorry to be an unpleasant person here, but is there a transcript of this available anywhere, i'd like to simply skim through it for the interesting questions, i find most of these pointless as they are likely to change.

lol at the word filter

Edited by MrX

sorry to be an unpleasant person here, but is there a transcript of this available anywhere, i'd like to simply skim through it for the interesting questions, i find most of these pointless as they are likely to change.

lol at the word filter

Keep an eye on the Videos section. Some very helpful posters post the transcripts for each video, just takes a bit of time to get it out.

Best part IMO is how they reiterate that Crowfall is PvP first and foremost. EK and PvE is secondary and pretty much get the leftovers from CW. Should be obvious to most but there are few that do think the vision is changed. Just good to hear again that the vision is still on point.

I'm in the "I'll believe it when I see it" when I hear these quotes. I love the idea, but historically these things have gotten stripped out of games or the choices get boiled down to a point where choosing nothing is still 90-95% as powerful as the "choices."

You clearly didn't play Shadowbane. I have complete confidence in the devs commitment to let you gimp yourself.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Nice info Development team.

LOL, looks like Todd is going to flinch every time Pann asks a question. 

So you are the one that stole my keys. Damn you Blair and Spidermonkey.

"To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers".

On 6/9/2015 at 3:44 PM, Tyrant said:

Oh, and my two favorite quotes from the video:

"You can make a bad character."

"You have the power to make something really cool or really crappy."

Good stuff!

Definitely this.

"To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers".

On 6/9/2015 at 3:44 PM, Tyrant said: