Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ACE Q&A for July - Official discussion thread

Hey Blair! Please keep up the shout-outs to people that get their questions asked. I felt it was such an endearing and cool thing to give those backers something a little extra.

Some of my favorite parts were things I wont be doing but glad they will be in the game. Ex. all of the thieving/pick-pocketing stuff. I never go that route but I really have missed it since UO. Its just another level of cool and gives me something new to look out for. 

Oh, and my two favorite quotes from the video:

"You can make a bad character."

"You have the power to make something really cool or really crappy."

Good stuff!

It makes me laugh how equally cool and scary this is :D

You clearly didn't play Shadowbane. I have complete confidence in the devs commitment to let you gimp yourself.

I feel lots of people that have not played the older MMOs are still learning and adjusting to what these devs are bringing back. Its a very different feel. Those some may get a glimpse of it with games like Ark & Rust. Its going to be brutal but with far more purpose and sense of community.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s time for another ACE Q&A   FULL STORY

You clearly didn't play Shadowbane. I have complete confidence in the devs commitment to let you gimp yourself.

Historically, the concern in loot PvP games is that a victim, realizing he is soon to be killed and turned into a loot pinata, drags all his gear off his paper doll and destroys it to prevent the vict

Nice, some mornin' reading.

My review of this week's update (I am such a snob):

One of the more informative updates lately ( +1 ), a great video summary to refer new players to.  The Campaign Worlds remain the focus of the game and ACE's resources, the EK still functions as the cash shop to fuel the vision (Now with evidence as presented by ACE with the new cash shop "Forts"), and ACE clarifies yet again that Campaigns rule, Kingdoms drool.

Very nice format, great selection of questions, I can't hear Pann  :( (Her volume is significantly lower than Thomas' & Todd's), the fact that I have only one speaker doesn't help either.  Can I ask you guys to try and work on that for future video interviews?  It might just be me, but I wanted to point that out.  Awesome video.

New tidbits:

• Items cannot be dropped into the world for the time being, if dropped out of the inventory they are deleted (But can be stored in containers, which includes corpses).  Idea will be revisited sometime in the far future.
  • Stronghold multipliers going down to zero is a goal being worked towards, but not guaranteed.
  • ACE is trying to sell all the assets they pump out as EK skin versions.  Recreating a Campaign scenery in the EK might be possible.
  • We can steal from inventories?  I've never had the ability to do so in an MMO, so I'm skeptical about this tease.

Totally agree, turn up the volume on Pann's microphone please.

We could steal from players in Ultima Online- it was great.

Great update, keep up the good work guys!

sorry to be an unpleasant person here, but is there a transcript of this available anywhere, i'd like to simply skim through it for the interesting questions, i find most of these pointless as they are likely to change.

lol at the word filter

You aren't being unpleasant. You were way more polite than I was when I started an entire thread on the subject. And, as the helpful poster (think it was pang) said, the community will do ACE's job and work up a transcript... again.

Bush league, ACE. You can do better.

I'm in this for the Experience, not the XP.

The video itself on youtube has a transcript

So why isn't it here? Many of us have no access to youtube on our lunch breaks, but we do (thankfully) have access to crowfall.com. (to be clear, not an attack on oberon, just making what I believe to be a valid point)

Edited by bairloch

I'm in this for the Experience, not the XP.

So why isn't it here? Many of us have no access to youtube on our lunch breaks, but we do (thankfully) have access to crowfall.com. (to be clear, not an attack on oberon, just making what I believe to be a valid point)

Oberon posted the transcript on the forums here:  Crowfall Update: Q&A for July with J Todd Coleman and Thomas Blair - 7/2/15

IhhQKY6.gif

You can always ask us to make a list for you!  ;)

The things I really wanted to know have been answered already and I just don't feel like pressing them on things they will just get to share when they are ready.

I trust if any of us finds a question they like on the forums, it should find its way onto the next Q&A :)

oiPOxr.jpg

Proud Member of KDS -

Recruitment Post - Visit us at www.kdsguild.org

If ACE wants it in this thread too i'll post it but i thought it would be too much since we have the videos section

I'm actually impressed with the amount of questions addressed, we'll have to come up with some new stuff. I'm assuming the significant questions not answered are undetermined thus far.

I'm curious to see how well they can continue to field questions going forward, they are engaging very heavily lately.

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

I definitely did not play Shadowbane, that's correct. I've never heard of it until I saw Crowfall actually. 

I hope the developers understand the (importance) when it comes to the UI and What they allow people to change/use and what they don't.

There are a lot of mmo's out there that allow UI mods that can hook into the game and grab information that normally isn't available for un-modded UI users, things like cast timers, your enemies mana/stamina levels, etc.

With a game that's PVP focused I REALLY hope they do not allow this sort of "mod" for the UI ,  I Do not want people to see my own cast timers and other things that they (logically) should not be able to see.

Part of the fun of fighting in PVP is making up your mind about what/when to use abilities and having to make split-second decisions on what you should do. When you have UI's that present this information (and some that will literally tell you exactly what the best ability/rotation is to do at that time) it completely takes that away.

I am all for allowing people to change their default UI, resize windows, move things around to their hearts content, change the opaqueness and virtually anything they wnat to make it look how they want, but I hope you can not pull information and other things that will give you a "leg up" over people that wish to use minimal UI and other things.