Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Handies

Why do people think they can fix "toxicity"?

No worries Protonix, I'm sure this was simply unavoidable.

I'm sure Darkfall and Mortal Online fans said the same thing.

Heh, this thread would have taken a much worse turn had it been posted on the DF forums.

I don't think your reaction was unavoidable, you don't HAVE to go.  I respect that you want a certain type of discourse but you also must respect that not everyone has a similar feeling on that, and it doesn't make us all a threat to society.  I mean, there's things that I don't like on this forum that I ignore, that others ignore as well. You could choose to do the same.

Personally, I wish Ace would just make a forum that's more of a FFA that would be easily avoidable for those wishing a more tender hearted experience, but that seems like a pipe dream.  Either way, I don't think your views are crazy or anything, but had you delivered your message a little differently it probably would have been received more constructively.

protosig_zps963957f1.png

RIP Hili

So what game you going to drop $1000 on next?

Who knows, ArcheAge went to crap cause of the cash shop. Been playing ESO since it's a pretty solid game, but I was looking for something more PvP focused. Crowfall fit the bill perfectly as did the Devs behind it. Top quality team and I'm sure Crowfall will do fine. I just don't have time for the type of nonsense that occurred today. I was labeled by the community as toxic because I was against toxic community. I think it's quite obvious the type of community circling around this game is. I love smack talk in-game, but what happened here today was beyond acceptable. If me saying I would wreck anyone in-game for being toxic on the forums was reason for me to be targeted, than I don't see why I would want to stay. I take my gaming seriously, but I leave it in the game.

Who knows, ArcheAge went to crap cause of the cash shop. Been playing ESO since it's a pretty solid game, but I was looking for something more PvP focused. Crowfall fit the bill perfectly as did the Devs behind it. Top quality team and I'm sure Crowfall will do fine. I just don't have time for the type of nonsense that occurred today. I was labeled by the community as toxic because I was against toxic community. I think it's quite obvious the type of community circling around this game is. I love smack talk in-game, but what happened here today was beyond acceptable. If me saying I would wreck anyone in-game for being toxic on the forums was reason for me to be targeted, than I don't see why I would want to stay. I take my gaming seriously, but I leave it in the game.

The pre-release community will be much different than the community after the game comes out. It always is.

Have you considered waiting until Crowfall launches or perhaps whenever you want to start playing Alphas, Betas, and playing then. You could ignore the forums or certain forums. I barely forum myself when a game is playable, unless someone links a nice drama thread to read.

gCWxS8u.jpg

The thing is, you weren't labeled toxic because you're against toxicity.  It was the way you went about doing it.  It's fine to be against toxicity (I'm tired of using this word), but the way you were going about it ruined the credibility of your argument.  I mean, you seem like a fairly intelligent person, you ought to be able to see that by disparaging people as you did, you weren't going to engender any support for your cause.  A cause that people probably believe in more than you think, but you wouldn't know that because of your Everest sized soap box.

protosig_zps963957f1.png

RIP Hili

We always have the choice to focus on constructive or less constructive discussions / contributions.

Tons of members in the community posted very interested messages, suggested cool ideas, helped with the development of the game, asked friends to contribute, made wikis, videos, etc.

I think that it would be a pity to not recognize all of this and focus only on what appears to you as "destructive".

I take my gaming seriously, but I leave it in the game.

"Take it seriously" as in like a surgeon or someone defusing a bomb? 

Purely as some life advice; ignore the people you can and avoid the people you can't ignore. Regarding the forums have some functions that can help you with that if you choose to use them. 

I just want to quote a song from Vendetta Red that fits this situation:

"Can you hear me?

There's something I've been wanting to tell you.

When you were laying face down

in a pool of blood and broken glass,

you never looked so beautiful.

So who's the big man now, mothercustarder?

The one missing his arms and legs?

Well I wanna lick those bloody stumps,

and %+@!$#?&*^ candy in your mouth until you cry."

I just want to quote a song from Vendetta Red that fits this situation:

"Can you hear me?

There's something I've been wanting to tell you.

When you were laying face down

in a pool of blood and broken glass,

you never looked so beautiful.

So who's the big man now, mothercustard?

The one missing his arms and legs?

Well I wanna lick those bloody stumps,

and biscuit candy in your mouth until you cry."

That is...uh...such a gnarly song Adall!  :wacko:

Best part was the "biscuit candy" filter change lol. 

That is...uh...such a gnarly song Adall!  :wacko:

Best part was the "biscuit candy" filter change lol.

It is a great song. A Joyless Euphoria. Kinda feel like rhoklaw needs the advice it can give on how to have fun in a PvP game.

It is a great song. A Joyless Euphoria. Kinda feel like rhoklaw needs the advice it can give on how to have fun in a PvP game.

I totally agree with you. Everyone should have fun PvPing. Always have to remember that in a PvP game every time someone wins it means someone lost. So you just have to roll with it. 

BTW I found the album cover to the song. Check it out!

vr2a_tn.jpg

I totally agree with you. Everyone should have fun PvPing. Always have to remember that in a PvP game every time someone wins it means someone lost. So you just have to roll with it. 

BTW I found the album cover to the song. Check it out!

vr2a_tn.jpg

No, this is the album cover.

220px-SistersOfTheRedDeathCover.jpg

I'm not toxic, you're toxic!

-Nuh uh, you're toxic!

Your mom is toxic!

-Well, your face is toxic!

Nuh uh!

-Yuh huh!

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

I'm not toxic, you're toxic!

-Nuh uh, you're toxic!

Your mom is toxic!

-Well, your face is toxic!

Nuh uh!

-Yuh huh!

5 pages in one post

Impressed

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015