Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Handies

Why do people think they can fix "toxicity"?

I for one never suggested that you or anyone else were "advocating" bad behavior. And of course there is the meaning of the word "truly". It means different things to different people. And this is where the train always goes off the rails. Someone says that the abusive actions of some in PVP is the reason few are willing to play. The response is 'why can't I be proud of what I was able to accomplish?!'. You're talking past one another.

Really, what most of us should be doing is pledging to target and blacklist somehow those e-thugs who WILL ruin pvp's name in Crowfall. Those who love pvp should accept and OWN the fact that pvp has a bad name because of the actions of a minority of players in their group. Then they should band together to try and clean up pvp's name. If you are the type who behaves decently toward those you fight, call out and cut off those who do not. Support those who do end up getting targeted with nastiness. Don't just gloss over this very real problem.

Or maybe you should man up, get some skill, and put them on your kill list noob.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Never played that game. I'm glad you are confident in your opinion, but I gotta say, you'll be disappointed. I hate losing in pvp, but I still play. I love winning in pvp, but I am *never* a poor winner. The only people I even tease about beating them are people I actually know (irl, or guild members, etc). Strangers I might offer a /wave or a /giggle at. So, I guess 'my kind' is pretty much just normal.....

/giggle lololololol man this is my opinion

599883.jpg

KRIPTIKserratedv3_zps4ptlmh6o.gif

Never played that game. I'm glad you are confident in your opinion, but I gotta say, you'll be disappointed. I hate losing in pvp, but I still play. I love winning in pvp, but I am *never* a poor winner. The only people I even tease about beating them are people I actually know (irl, or guild members, etc). Strangers I might offer a /wave or a /giggle at. So, I guess 'my kind' is pretty much just normal.....

You hate losing? I will be make sure to rub it in after you die.

No, actually. It's really easy to ignore these people. You just stop playing pvp games. Oh, wait, there are no more good pvp MMO's out? What went wrong? Oh, yeah, they started 'ignoring' the abusive players......... This is the **reality** we face. You can't dodge it, outwit it, or wave it off. Do we want CF to avoid the fate of every single other 'hardcore' pvp game out there (don't even say Eve)?

What "PVP" mmos were ruined because of "abusive" players?

I could give a few reasons why I believe some games haven't done so well, but they are more technical/feature related which ACE seems determined to avoid/fix.

While I don't personally have the need to cross the imaginary etiquette line often, I've never been driven away from a game because of the community or individuals in it. My skin is pretty metallic though.

Unless a game lacks proper leadership and enforced guidelines, not sure why people would be run off or a game will actually fail because of a minority (if it actually is the minority). I assume if everyone is participating, then everyone has opted-in to the experience for what it is.

I've seen people leave due to players using things like Aimbot, bots in general, exploiting bugs and game flaws, and other such things that make playing or having fun very difficult directly. Which again falls on those in charge. To me these are much different then something sending a nasty tell or sitting on their corpse. Not cool, but not stopping or invalidating game play itself.

If the rules are "there are no rules" and people log in, they've opted in to such experience.

Which I believe is part of the issue around here. Seems there are differing views from the bottom to the top as to what we are opting in to. Until it is cleared up without any "we are working on it" and then properly enforced, there will continue to be issue. Once it is on track and folks go against the grain, nice knowing them (or not).

Edited by allein

Hahahaha you guys remember that "big" streamer that bought a pledge package and came on the forums thinking he was hot poorly made socks because he got some of this fanboys to post on here? Lmao.. My favorite part was when he went on twitter complaining that ACE needed to do something about the community case we all didn't go fangirl on him and basically told him to GTFO. Bahahahha we need more guys like him we can all pounce on collectively.. it would bring us closer together. 

Edited by thenebrosity

OQa1xvz.png?1

lol ok.. I wonder if I'll still be able to steal directly from people's inventories.. hrmmm

;)Twitch - Twitter

RIP DOC GONZO

Hahahaha you guys remember that "big" streamer that bought a pledge package and come on the forums thinking he was hot poorly made socks because he got some of this fanboys to post on here? Lmao.. My favorite part was when he went on twitter complaining that ACE needed to do something about the community case we all didn't go fangirl on him and basically told him to GTFO. Bahahahha we need more guys like him we can all pounce on collectively.. it would bring us closer together. 

Why does that sound like you? ..

Why does that sound like you? ..

I wish I had fanboys T_T

anyway.. found it lol 

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/5404-im-dmbrandon-and-me-and-the-juice-community-have-some-questions/

user:

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/user/18982-dmbrandon/

Funny thing is that he and all his groupies haven't logged in since.. lmao.. 

OQa1xvz.png?1

lol ok.. I wonder if I'll still be able to steal directly from people's inventories.. hrmmm

;)Twitch - Twitter

RIP DOC GONZO

I wish I had fanboys T_T

anyway.. found it lol 

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/5404-im-dmbrandon-and-me-and-the-juice-community-have-some-questions/

user:

Lol.. No one loves you.. There there now. xD

Lol.. No one loves you.. There there now. xD

Well, glad that's settled. Excuse me while I go cry in the shower now. /wrists

<3

OQa1xvz.png?1

;)Twitch - Twitter

RIP DOC GONZO

No, actually. It's really easy to ignore these people. You just stop playing pvp games. Oh, wait, there are no more good pvp MMO's out? What went wrong? Oh, yeah, they started 'ignoring' the abusive players......... This is the **reality** we face. You can't dodge it, outwit it, or wave it off. Do we want CF to avoid the fate of every single other 'hardcore' pvp game out there (don't even say Eve)?

If you stop playing games 'cause of insults I just feel bad for you.

Guess what? You just gave them a reason to keep doing it... "crybabies" are the dream of "toxic" players.

y9tj8G5.png

If you stop playing games 'cause of insults I just feel bad for you.

Guess what? You just gave them a reason to keep doing it... "crybabies" are the dream of "toxic" players.

This isn't about me. I had my baptism by fire and came out understanding that I literally could not care less what anonymous people on the internet think of me. I figure most people here feel very similar. It's not even about us. It's about the tens of thousands or even hundreds of thousands of gamers out there who won't play a pvp mmo game because of the reputation pvp has. It's about the vitriol in the moba games. Even fps like BF4 crank out the bad vibes.

The sequence is short and ugly: Players join a pvp game, get killed, demeaned, insulted, harassed, and trolled, then quit (and tell all their friends not to play). The game population drops, the e-thugs start complaining there are no more sheep to kill, the game shuts down, e-thugs start complaining that there aren't any 'good' pvp games to play.

*edit*

And it's not even about what the game is. Yes, people who join a game promoted as pvp-centric with liberal loot rules and the like should expect to be killed. What they *shouldn't* expect is to be treated so badly by the small number of e-thugs out there. It's not about the pvp itself! This is the disconnect many here seem to have. It's about the disrespectful and abusive behavior toward the players that sit on top of the pvp. It's THIS 'toxicity' that only the pvp community can fix. This is the "hardcore" part that many here **seem** to be condoning by opposing any efforts to clean it up.

Edited by toxophile

eEvERiW.jpg

I wish I had fanboys T_T

anyway.. found it lol 

user:

Thanks for digging that up, I had a nice laugh (I was not around when it happen'd).

My god what an attention addict, that original post asking FAQ stuffs followed by some "1 post account" spam, made my day! Btw, after a little research, it appears his "community" is composed by less than 10 guys (juice community smite on google). God I didn't know my friends & I were a community. :o

Edited by krema

Thanks for digging that up, I had a nice laugh (I was not around when it happen'd).

My god what an attention addict, that original post asking FAQ stuffs followed by some "1 post account" spam, made my day! Btw, after a little research, it appears his "community" is composed by less than 10 guys (juice community smite on google). God I didn't know my friend & I were a community. :o

It all boils down to "entitlement".   Where anyone gets the idea they are so damn important is beyond me.   But there are lots of them.   

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"