Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Handies

Why do people think they can fix "toxicity"?

It is scientifically proven that 87% of toxic remarks comes from neutral or positive members that are just having a bad here or there.

That leaves only 13% toxicity from negative members.

I think the forums follows these numbers pretty well

Edited by Cirolle

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

People are going to be toxic no matter where you go or what game you play, but people are going to be especially toxic in a competitive game. The best thing you can do is ignore them and let the insults roll off of you. To play a competitive game like this, you really need thick skin, or you're going to have a bad time. Simple as that.

PvP focused games have nothing to do with a toxic community. That's like all those people saying video games make our children violent. In fact, these faceless heroes inhabit all genre of games, including PvE. Sorry, but no. Violent or in this case, toxic people are inherently disturbed, in the head. For some reason, they think it's "cool" to present their tough anonymous attitude on an internet forum in an attempt to stir up conflict. This in no way creates any sort of positive game promoting atmosphere and actually does quite the opposite. The moment I find anyone going out of their way to annoy anyone on the forum. I will single you out for eternal destruction, even if your on my team. You can quote me on that while you're at it too.

positive game promoting atmosphere

The moment I find anyone going out of their way to annoy anyone on the forum. I will single you out for eternal destruction, even if your on my team. You can quote me on that while you're at it too.

Wouldn't put too much faith in "following your positive post star".  THAT hasn't ended well for some, js.

The rest well.............depends on what you consider annoying.   Is disagreeing with someone's opinion annoying and therefore toxic?  Seems some here would agree with that statement.  There have been instances where just the mention of "PvP, ffa full loot" was considered extremely toxic in concept.  The tears were flowing in quantities enough to almost fill a "hot tub".  Many were annoyed by even the suggestion.  But, seems all the tears  were for naught.  Now, they throw out there any idea they can to dumb down the game to keep themselves safe from players and players actions.  I personally find that extremely annoying.  

So, should I single you out for "eternal damnation"  because you and I disagree because you annoy me?  I figured that is what the forum is for.................sure it's gonna get heated.  It's PvP centric ffs!  

Edited by ellie

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

Wouldn't put too much faith in "following your positive post star".  THAT hasn't ended well for some, js.

The rest well.............depends on what you consider annoying.   Is disagreeing with someone's opinion annoying and therefore toxic?  Seems some here would agree with that statement.  There have been instances where just the mention of "PvP, ffa full loot" was considered extremely toxic in concept.  The tears were flowing in quantities enough to almost fill a "hot tub".  Many were annoyed by even the suggestion.  But, seems all the tears  were for naught.  Now, they throw out there any idea they can to dumb down the game to keep themselves safe from players and players actions.  I personally find that extremely annoying.  

So, should I single you out for "eternal damnation"  because you and I disagree because you annoy me?  I figured that is what the forum is for.................sure it's gonna get heated.  It's PvP centric ffs!  

I think you know quite well the demeanor of a toxic individual. The ones who must resort to name calling. The ones who feel the need to antagonize or incite unnecessary aggravation. I don't care if Crowfall is a PvP game or not. The forums are not the battleground, so keep that lame crap in the game and you'll be fine. If you want a personal war, by all means, just fill me in on the details. No amount of immaturity or similar childish nonsense will matter to me and I have no problem fulfilling my promises. All MMO's are a form of entertainment, which does not include bullying people on the forums to get your jollies off. Do I make myself clear?

Edited by rhoklaw

I think you know quite well the demeanor of a toxic individual. The ones who must resort to name calling. The ones who feel the need to antagonize or incite unnecessary aggravation. I don't care if Crowfall is a PvP game or not. The forums are not the battleground, so keep that lame crap in the game and you'll be fine. If you want a personal war, by all means, just fill me in on the details. No amount of immaturity or similar childish nonsense will matter to me and I have no problem fulfilling my promises. All MMO's are a form of entertainment, which does not include bullying people on the forums to get your jollies off. Do I make myself clear?

You know what else is toxic?  The overly righteous guy.

protosig_zps963957f1.png

RIP Hili

I have been called all sorts of names on this forum tyvm.   And not once has it been by the PvP community.  It has always been by those individuals that come from softer games and when you disagree with their ideas( beauty pageants, pinata parties, PvE campaigns, etc) they yell " toxicity".   And report.  

We have yet to see ANY real toxicity as I define it in these forums.   They are mild.  

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

I don't care if Crowfall is a PvP game or not.

Joyously, it matters not a whit whether you care. It is a PvP game. How much fruitless bickering, inspiring how much angst and bile, could we have saved had people simply recognized and accepted this factual reality from the get-go?

If it were merely a matter of some people misunderstanding that Crowfall is a PvP game, and others jumped on their case and acted like jerks, then I'd say yes, there's toxicity at play. Sadly, most of the people who don't understand that Crowfall is a PvP game insist upon maintaining their misunderstanding, jamming their fingers in their ears and shouting, "NYAH! NYAH! NYAH!" Because that is the situation we have, one cannot point a finger at those who recognize and like that Crowfall is a PvP game and blame them for the bickering. Rather, the situation is equally due to the intransigent people who brought the misunderstanding to the table in the first place.

I mean, I'm assuming "fluffer" is just another pjorative term for carebears, whales, etc. Of course, I could be incorrect, but I doubt it.

Joyously, it matters not a whit whether you care. It is a PvP game. How much fruitless bickering, inspiring how much angst and bile, could we have saved had people simply recognized and accepted this factual reality from the get-go?

If it were merely a matter of some people misunderstanding that Crowfall is a PvP game, and others jumped on their case and acted like jerks, then I'd say yes, there's toxicity at play. Sadly, most of the people who don't understand that Crowfall is a PvP game insist upon maintaining their misunderstanding, jamming their fingers in their ears and shouting, "NYAH! NYAH! NYAH!" Because that is the situation we have, one cannot point a finger at those who recognize and like that Crowfall is a PvP game and blame them for the bickering. Rather, the situation is equally due to the intransigent people who brought the misunderstanding to the table in the first place.

Well, everyone has their own opinion on everything and I've never said Crowfall wasn't a PvP game. I simply stated it doesn't matter what genre of game Crowfall is, people who are toxic will be toxic regardless. The forums are not a tool for trolling and I will not stand for any crap like that while I'm around. What happens or is said in-game is a different matter. What happens out here on the forums becomes a bit more personal in nature. Unless ArtCraft themselves comes on here and states toxic behavior is allowed on their forums, I won't be changing my stance on the matter. You can get all huffy about it if you want, I really could care less.

You know what else is toxic?  The overly righteous guy.

I'm glad you think I'm overly righteous, consider yourself the first notch in my belt. If you want to continue your childish manners, by all means, go ahead.

By the way Protonix, $500 does not give you the right to say whatever you please.

Edited by rhoklaw

For those of you who think this is a joke. If you think what I'm saying is a joke. Guess again. I take bullying on the internet very personal. If you don't like me because of that, I really don't care. No amount of useless insults or banter will make me change who I am. If you can't act like an adult, don't expect me to give you any respect as one.

Edited by rhoklaw

You do realize that your posting manner is absolutely toxic and definitely could be considered bullying, right? I mean, ending a post with "Do I make myself clear?" Like you're someone's mother definitely isn't bullying or toxic, AT ALL. How about being nice and positive in order to prove your point instead of being a hypocrite.

For those of you who think this is a joke. If you think what I'm saying is a joke. Guess again. I take bullying on the internet very personal. If you don't like me because of that, I really don't care. No amount of useless insults or banter will make me change who I am. If you can't act like an adult, don't expect me to give you any respect as one.

Who the custard is this unpleasant person?

It sounds like you have a bad story to tell us bud. If you want, we can go somewhere quiet and you can tell me where on the doll your uncle touched you?

Anyway, I've avoided this thread because it would be hypocritical to claim I want OT to be the land of freedom, and then not leave you guys your paradise. Nonetheless, unpleasant person-like behavior such as the above shan't be tolerated! I will see unpleasant person-like behavior such as this not allowed in any egress on these forums! Don't expect non-rationalistic people like rhoklaw to last long around here fellows.

Edited by cannibal man

Cannibal Man - Future serial killer

I can't even.  You win, I am done with this part of the discussion.

If you reeeeeally took bullying seriously, you wouldn't be doing it.  I've read just a handful of your 30 something posts, and all I'm seeing is you attempting to assert your views on others, telling them what they should and shouldn't do, and implying that if they continue doing something contrary to your virtuous nature - you will make them pay.  Please, you aren't judge ,jury and executioner (unless of course you're an anonymod - and then this another issue entirely). 

You're just another righteous windbag trolling in a way that's more palatable to the CoC - not the second coming of Jesus.

ie. You're not special.

Edited by protonix

protosig_zps963957f1.png

RIP Hili

"No amount of useless insults or banter will make me change who I am."

Not seen one insult, sorry.

But what I have seen is examples of bullying.

" I will not stand for any crap like that while I'm around."

"If you want a personal war, by all means, just fill me in on the details"

" Do I make myself clear?"

" The moment I find anyone going out of their way to annoy anyone on the forum"

"I will single you out for eternal destruction"

We have a mod staff , thank the All Father, such as they are.  Not thinking you were asked to "police" this forum and bully everyone into submission to do it "your way".  Or else.

If you reeeeeally took bullying seriously, you wouldn't be doing it.  I've read just a handful of your 30 something posts, and all I'm seeing is you attempting to assert your views on others, telling them what they should and shouldn't do, and implying that if they continue doing something contrary to your virtuous nature - you will make them pay.  Please, you aren't judge ,jury and executioner (unless of course you're an anonymod - and then this another issue entirely). 

You're just another righteous windbag trolling in a way that's more palatable to the CoC - not the second coming of Jesus.

ie. You're not special.

As I said, people argue over topics because we all have our own opinions. It seems you like to twist things around by saying I am a bully because I'm assertive in my view against people who are obvious forum trolls. Instead of understand my view like any adult probably would. Your first and second response was to instigate your own beliefs as well as labeling me as self righteous. Bullying bullies is not a problem in my book. I consider it me taking out the trash. Your view on the matter is like a criminal who should go unpunished because he thinks he's above the law.