Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Handies

Why do people think they can fix "toxicity"?

Who the custard is this unpleasant person?

It sounds like you have a bad story to tell us bud. If you want, we can go somewhere quiet and you can tell me where on the doll your uncle touched you?

Anyway, I've avoided this thread because it would be hypocritical to claim I want OT to be the land of freedom, and then not leave you guys your paradise. Nonetheless, unpleasant person-like behavior such as the above shan't be tolerated! I will see unpleasant person-like behavior such as this not allowed in any egress on these forums! Don't expect non-rationalistic people like rhoklaw to last long around here fellows.

Look, I'm not going to explain myself because I really shouldn't need to. If you and your friends here think acting like you do on forums is in any way entertaining, it isn't. However, since a Moderator has finally taken notice on the matter, I'm sure no more debating will be necessary. Have a wonderful day everyone and can't wait to see you in-game.

Actually, one could argue that bullying is a means to a very productive society that has earned America it's top spot in the world.

Unless it cost someone their life, so now, for your own sake, I seriously think you should end your direction of conversation.

Look, I'm not going to explain myself because I really shouldn't need to. If you and your friends here think acting like you do on forums is in any way entertaining, it isn't. However, since a Moderator has finally taken notice on the matter, I'm sure no more debating will be necessary. Have a wonderful day everyone and can't wait to see you in-game.

You mean in the game where I can, and will, bully you into submission? Then come to the boards and post videos of you dying over and over?

Edited by cannibal man

Cannibal Man - Future serial killer

I can't even.  You win, I am done with this part of the discussion.

As I said, people argue over topics because we all have our own opinions. It seems you like to twist things around by saying I am a bully because I'm assertive in my view against people who are obvious forum trolls. Instead of understand my view like any adult probably would. Your first and second response was to instigate your own beliefs as well as labeling me as self righteous. Bullying bullies is not a problem in my book. I consider it me taking out the trash. Your view on the matter is like a criminal who should go unpunished because he thinks he's above the law.

I don't think anyone would mind if you were simply asserting an opinion, I love opinions, even if they differ from my own.  You're not asserting your opinion though, you're dictating opinion as fact with an underlying level of threat behind them.  "Do I make myself clear?" If that isn't self-righteous, I don't know what is, lol.

Speaking of trash, you say that bullying bullies is not a problem in your book; are you stipulating to the fact that you are in fact bullying?  If that's the case, that means you're calling myself or others bullies and I'm pretty sure that's name calling, which I'm pretty sure means that you're not being the paragon of morality that you believe yourself to be.

Allllso...if bullying bullies is OK, is killing killers OK? I mean, do you support Dexter like justice too?

protosig_zps963957f1.png

RIP Hili

You mean in the game where I can, and will, bully you into submission? Then come to the boards and post videos of you dying over and over?

I welcome the challenge Cannibal Man, I certainly do. I'm sure your character name won't be cannibal man, but unlike most people like yourself, I use the same name in-game as I do on the forums.

I don't think anyone would mind if you were simply asserting an opinion, I love opinions, even if they differ from my own.  You're not asserting your opinion though, you're dictating opinion as fact with an underlying level of threat behind them.  "Do I make myself clear?" If that isn't self-righteous, I don't know what is, lol.

Speaking of trash, you say that bullying bullies is not a problem in your book; are you stipulating to the fact that you are in fact bullying?  If that's the case, that means you're calling myself or others bullies and I'm pretty sure that's name calling, which I'm pretty sure means that you're not being the paragon of morality that you believe yourself to be.

Allllso...if bullying bullies is OK, is killing killers OK? I mean, do you support Dexter like justice too?

Pretty sure name-calling such as that is against the RoC, too. I'm not positive, since, you know, I have no warnings... But, I think it is.

I welcome the challenge Cannibal Man, I certainly do. I'm sure your character name won't be cannibal man, but unlike most people like yourself, I use the same name in-game as I do on the forums.

Unlike most people like him, what?  Are you implying something unsavory about Cannibal?  Why wouldn't you think he would use the same name? Do people LIKE HIM, not use the same name?  What are people like him like? Do you have a term for people like him?

I'm sorry Rhoklaw, implying that someone is [insert something bad] is no better than actually saying someone is [insert something bad].

protosig_zps963957f1.png

RIP Hili

I'm pretty sure I've carried the same name with me since SWG, and have used it in DF and other games. Not to mention I have a youtube channel that just screams Cannibal on all of my characters. And then there's always the fact there's a 20 something page in the guild forums where nearly everyone there knows me. Your petty implications of me is unsavory to say the least

Nonetheless, if you think the overt bullying on the boards you are conducting won't result in you getting skullcustarded, you're mistaken. In the future, please refrain from talking out of your bottom, it'll please us all greatly and result in a more harmonic place for us to all be a part of.

Sincerely,

Bullington Bullax the Bully

Edited by cannibal man

I don't know what kind of upbringing you had, but I was taught to be respectful of others. I was also taught to help those in need. Probably why I served my dear sweet time in the military for as long as I did. Anyone how knows me in real life will tell you I'm the genuine article of kindness and generosity. However, due to unforseen circumstances, I lost a very important individual in my life because a few people thought doing what you and these other undeserving folk seem to think is funny. I've seen people die right in front of me, but nothing pisses me off more than pretentious a holes who think doing stupid stuff is in any way entertaining. So forgive me if I have zero tolerance for that style of manners on the forums. In the game, no problem, act however you want, but just tone it down a bit on the forums. Forum toxicity is not a positive game feature.

Just for the record, and anyone who has played SB with me can attest to this - in all of my years playing Shadowbane, 99.9% of the time I spent playing the game using a Centaur Prelate named Protonix on every.single.server.

I wanted to get ahead of the implication that I'm a cowardly lion.

protosig_zps963957f1.png

RIP Hili

I'm pretty sure I've carried the same name with me since SWG, and have used it in DF and other games. Not to mention I have a youtube channel that just screams Cannibal on all of my characters. And then there's always the fact there's a 20 something page in the guild forums where nearly everyone there knows me. Your petty implications of me is unsavory to say the least

Nonetheless, if you think the overt bullying on the boards you are conducting won't result in you getting skullcustarded, you're mistaken. In the future, please refrain from talking out of your bottom, it'll please us all greatly and result in a more harmonic place for us to all be a part of.

Sincerely,

Bullington Bullax the Bully

As I said, I definitely welcome the challenge and can't wait. However, just so you understand, your insulting towards me is kind of wasted, because I'm not overly concerned about someone who does so over the internet. It's a specific sign of weakness in my opinion.

I don't know what kind of upbringing you had, but I was taught to be respectful of others. I was also taught to help those in need. Probably why I served my dear sweet time in the military for as long as I did. Anyone how knows me in real life will tell you I'm the genuine article of kindness and generosity. However, due to unforseen circumstances, I lost a very important individual in my life because a few people thought doing what you and these other undeserving folk seem to think is funny. I've seen people die right in front of me, but nothing pisses me off more than pretentious a holes who think doing stupid stuff is in any way entertaining. So forgive me if I have zero tolerance for that style of manners on the forums. In the game, no problem, act however you want, but just tone it down a bit on the forums. Forum toxicity is not a positive game feature.

In the future, please note that creating the occasional space between your sentences makes reading your post much easier, and alleviates our eyes from such a cruel reading. Another example of your bullying, no doubt.

Really? Pulling those cards to "win" an argument on the interwebs? Goodness.

nAd1VPD.png

"Agelmar is King of the Hypocrites and Ruler of the Kingdom of Hypocrytia"

Unlike most people like him, what?  Are you implying something unsavory about Cannibal?  Why wouldn't you think he would use the same name? Do people LIKE HIM, not use the same name?  What are people like him like? Do you have a term for people like him?

I'm sorry Rhoklaw, implying that someone is [insert something bad] is no better than actually saying someone is [insert something bad].

As a matter of fact I am used to people like him hiding behind alternate names. It's ok though, I'm sure he'll assume that he's got a chance at killing me, but unfortunately, that task might prove harmful to his twitch / youtube rating.

As I said, I definitely welcome the challenge and can't wait. However, just so you understand, your insulting towards me is kind of wasted, because I'm not overly concerned about someone who does so over the internet. It's a specific sign of weakness in my opinion.

Ha, the forums are where the real battle happens son; total war or go home. We don't need that Geneva Accords hogwash.

Anyway, all your current foreboding presence is telling us is that your are sincerely affected. So stop acting like a coward and post what you're slightly hinting at, or get out of here.

Really? Pulling those cards to "win" an argument on the interwebs? Goodness.

Am I supposed to excuse poor behavior that insists on not picking up on subtle hints? If you go back and read my posts and every other forum trolls reply, you might comprehend the matter. Instead you join the bandwagon claiming I'm presenting an unfair history on the matter.

We're not here to cuddle and sing songs. Other players will make you mad, will hurt your feelings, will frustrate you. But just because that is the case, doesn't mean, that that person is "toxic". It most likely just means you need to get a thicker skin or learn how to accept reality.

I totally agree with you. I think it's wrong to call people "toxic" when in fact it's a momentary behaviour that can be caused by in-game or real life factors.

Some games are more subject to generate frustration, like MOBA, for several reasons (heavy reliance on teammates, ambushes, crowd control, /laugh, etc.) and I guess Crowfall shouldn't be so frustrating compared to that, even if we will rely on the team and it should be a very competitive PvP environment.

Edited by courant101