Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Handies

Why do people think they can fix "toxicity"?

Am I supposed to excuse poor behavior that insists on not picking up on subtle hints? If you go back and read my posts and every other forum trolls reply, you might comprehend the matter. Instead you join the bandwagon claiming I'm presenting an unfair history on the matter.

You aren't here to dictate anyones behavior. The tone and attitude and "subtle hints" of your posts have destroyed anything productive from this thread. My advice is to ignore the posts you don't like instead of telling others with different opinions how to behave.

nAd1VPD.png

"Agelmar is King of the Hypocrites and Ruler of the Kingdom of Hypocrytia"

You aren't here to dictate anyones behavior. The tone and attitude and "subtle hints" of your posts have destroyed anything productive from this thread. My advice is to ignore the posts you don't like instead of telling others with different opinions how to behave.

Perhaps you can tell ArtCraft to refund my $1000 for the inability to moderate their forums properly. Seeing as you USED to be a mod, you should know better than to defend the other half.

Perhaps you can tell ArtCraft to refund my $1000 for the inability to moderate their forums properly. Seeing as you USED to be a mod, you should know better than to defend the other half.

I'm defending the community we are trying to build. Antagonistic attitudes regardless of "sides" aren't helpful. Running around yelling "toxic" and "bully" because of different opinions is exactly the behavior I worked to discourage as a mod.

As far as your refund I'm sure an email to support@artcraftent.com will fix that right up.

Edited by Agelmar

nAd1VPD.png

"Agelmar is King of the Hypocrites and Ruler of the Kingdom of Hypocrytia"

Lol and now you're pulling the money into the equation. Dude, can you get anymore childish? Get out of here with that.

Agelmar's right, you destroyed this thread. Congrats.

Edited by cannibal man

Cannibal Man - Future serial killer

I can't even.  You win, I am done with this part of the discussion.

They have been willing to issue refunds to those that asked for them. Agelmar is correct, your tone and attitude have made all of your posts null and void. You, yourself, are being a bully - and you even admitted to it.

Ah.  You are one of "them".  The one's that like to refer to their fat purses and threaten to pull their pledge UNLESS ACE does things their way.  Passive-aggressive behavior can be very toxic too.  

If Protonix can't post the way he wants for his 500.00 then you don't get to call how the forums are moderated for 1000.00.  And it certainly does not give you the right to condemn , single handedly the community that has already been built.  Without your help, I might add.

Maybe it not about the happy ending. Maybe it's about the story.

RIP Doc Gonzo "to anyone...speak your mind...defend your position...be prepared for an Argument and enjoy the process of the discussion...that's all part of any good Forum experience"

I don't know what kind of upbringing you had, but I was taught to be respectful of others. I was also taught to help those in need. Probably why I served my dear sweet time in the military for as long as I did. Anyone how knows me in real life will tell you I'm the genuine article of kindness and generosity. However, due to unforseen circumstances, I lost a very important individual in my life because a few people thought doing what you and these other undeserving folk seem to think is funny. I've seen people die right in front of me, but nothing pisses me off more than pretentious a holes who think doing stupid stuff is in any way entertaining. So forgive me if I have zero tolerance for that style of manners on the forums. In the game, no problem, act however you want, but just tone it down a bit on the forums. Forum toxicity is not a positive game feature.

I'm genuinely sorry about your friend, death is tragic under almost any circumstances - but the hypocrisy in this paragraph is astounding.  The number if insults, stated or implied, is staggering coming from someone of such moral certitude. I appreciate that you have zero tolerance due to what happened, but your clearly blind to the fact that in your own way, you're not doing anything different than anyone else.  I mean, you called us pretentious [bad word], you implied that I had a savage upbringing and you quite clearly have stated that you're better than everyone else.

If you want to talk about adulthood and maturity, then be a mature adult and 1. accept that some folks are different than you (which doesn't make you better) 2. you're not always right 3. Adults can choose to ignore what they don't like.

Hey, I'm not looking for toxic forums either, but as much as you may want to be, you're not our parents, the staff or our savior. You may have better luck affecting change if you work on your delivery.  Good luck, and sorry again about your friend.

protosig_zps963957f1.png

RIP Hili

Yes, as a matter of fact, I am a bully for standing up against forum trolls. It's kind of what I do, or who I am. While I'd expect this sort of trash in-game, I wasn't sure if ArtCraft would let their forums fall prey to additional nonsense. Crowfall is a PvP game, but the forums are a place of discussion, which apparently this company doesn't understand. I don't condone or support any company that thinks that sort of behavior is acceptable. I'm sure the rest of you would never understand because you enjoy being part of the problem. I definitely have a better place to invest my money.

Yes, as a matter of fact, I am a bully for standing up against forum trolls. It's kind of what I do, or who I am. While I'd expect this sort of trash in-game, I wasn't sure if ArtCraft would let their forums fall prey to additional nonsense. Crowfall is a PvP game, but the forums are a place of discussion, which apparently this company doesn't understand. I don't condone or support any company that thinks that sort of behavior is acceptable. I'm sure the rest of you would never understand because you enjoy being part of the problem. I definitely have a better place to invest my money.

Silencing other's opinions is bad moderation. Like I said earlier, they are just words. Thick skin will solve anybody getting offended by something somebody said in an online forum. I'm sorry to hear about your friend, that must have been very difficult. But I don't think removing posts and banning people is going to do anything but make people afraid to speak their minds.

Be respectful and courteous
The Crowfall forum is a safe and constructive space to discuss Crowfall video game content and related items. In order to keep this a fun place for all community members, there are a few ground rules that must be followed for all methods of communication.

It is okay for users to disagree with one another, but opinions must be expressed in a reasonable and polite manner. It is important to maintain an atmosphere of civility and respect, so that all voices may be heard.

Just want to remind everyone of the first couple paragraphs from the forum Rules of Conduct with an emphasis on the second paragraph.  There's nothing wrong with healthy/reasonable debate; just keep it civil and respectful.

Silencing other's opinions is bad moderation. Like I said earlier, they are just words. Thick skin will solve anybody getting offended by something somebody said in an online forum. I'm sorry to hear about your friend, that must have been very difficult. But I don't think removing posts and banning people is going to do anything but make people afraid to speak their minds.

There is a difference between someone simply speaking their mind and someone openly engaging in toxic communication. That term didn't give birth to itself. It evolved from a class of forum posters who have nothing better to do than toss insults around, belittle people on a personal level or what have you. I think it's an absolute joke that anyone thinks that kind of behavior is acceptable, let alone positive, even to a PvP game. It's quite alright, I've already submitted for my refund as I want nothing to do with a game who can't moderate their forums but instead actively promote toxic behavior.

You're free to ask for a refund and invest your money elsewhere.  I can't say that I haven't thought of doing the same.  The thing is, you claim that we're all being a part of the problem, yet between the people posting here there's literally thousands of posts versus your 40ish.  Obviously, logic would dictate that we collectively haven't been as toxic, and problematic as you insinuate.

protosig_zps963957f1.png

RIP Hili

There is a difference between someone simply speaking their mind and someone openly engaging in toxic communication. That term didn't give birth to itself. It evolved from a class of forum posters who have nothing better to do than toss insults around, belittle people on a personal level or what have you. I think it's an absolute joke that anyone thinks that kind of behavior is acceptable, let alone positive, even to a PvP game. It's quite alright, I've already submitted for my refund as I want nothing to do with a game who can't moderate their forums but instead actively promote toxic behavior.

Yes, the latter is what you're doing, the former is what everyone else is doing, lol. :)

protosig_zps963957f1.png

RIP Hili

I don't understand how they're actively promoting toxic behavior.

Tchau.

gCWxS8u.jpg

Well, apparently Rhoklaw is leaving which is unfortunate so I suppose there's no reason to continue the debate in this thread.  Sorry to see you go Rhoklaw, it sounds like you would have made a fun opponent. Best of luck.

/drops mic.

protosig_zps963957f1.png

RIP Hili

OMG it's working

KRIPTIKserratedv3_zps4ptlmh6o.gif

Well, apparently Rhoklaw is leaving which is unfortunate so I suppose there's no reason to continue the debate in this thread.  Sorry to see you go Rhoklaw, it sounds like you would have made a fun opponent. Best of luck.

/drops mic.

No worries Protonix, I'm sure this was simply unavoidable.

OMG it's working

I'm sure Darkfall and Mortal Online fans said the same thing.