Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eternal Kingdom PvP (Arena parcels, designated battlegrounds)

I talked to a couple friends about Crowfall today and we had some cool ideas bounce around. Something we discussed was "Arena parcels". These would work like designated pvp zones, with the main controller (lord/vassal/etc) of that area setting the rules (Destructible terrain, friendly fire, etc) along with potential ideas like admission prices for tournaments within your world or something like that.

It would be a way to still allow EKs to feel like EKs, while opening grounds for "trial by combat" if that's what that particular monarch/lord/GM is into, or even just for duels/practice against other players with a more regulated and controlled area.

That was the more specific idea though; broadly speaking, a lord being able to section off an area of their kingdom to be strictly a pvp battleground sounds like a cool idea.

Just some thoughts, I'd love to talk about this/see it talked about more, I think it might be a very rich contribution to immersion, especially in a more guild-like setting.

Sorry for being so toxic. This is a great idea and I appreciate your enthusiasm! Keep it up! Also, there is a forum search function if you'd like to see some of the great ideas that other enthusiastic posters have offered for consideration.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Sorry for being so toxic. This is a great idea and I appreciate your enthusiasm! Keep it up! Also, there is a forum search function if you'd like to see some of the great ideas that other enthusiastic posters have offered for consideration.

Much better!

And so genuine as well.

Good job jihan. I will tell Maj, so he can hold you in even higher esteem.

Thanks for your idea. As Jihan stated, this has been discussed in various threads before. Some people are afraid that such possibilities will turn people away from participating in the campaign worlds. While others try to defend their personal vision and ideas for eternal kingdoms.

The focus of this game is and will stay pvp within the campaign worlds, while the EK's are designed to glue them together as a kind of extension.

If there will be arena parcels or not: You will be able to do things like "Enable PvP" or "Enable Destruction" within your kingdom builder. As far as we actually know this will be on a parcel base. So arranging tournaments is possible. You just will have to organize them.

Edited by Dr. Kraahk

I would be in full support of this, could create nice little Eternal Kingdom Communities for strong PvP'ers to come test their metal in either group or 1v1 combat. Could host events and tournaments and establish community run PvP which hasn't been seen for a good long time.

KjUVOZg.png

Varius - Veteran Member of LG

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Im hoping they will have an arena world to play in. It would be madness for them not to. This world would be the only endless on going world. You could port any of your toons in to and out of the world, but they are locked in there for a week or so before you can port out of it.

there wouldnt be any politics though. Just arena fights.

ezgzn8.jpg

Why not just let players make their own tournaments? Why has there to be designated stuff for every kind of player interaction? The player base will be split enough across bands, rulesets, EK or match queues. In the end we might as well play single player games with multiplayer functions.

Edited by Qbs

• 2 weeks later...

They could use the Hunger Dome game play as a model for player controlled PvP matches within a given EK. That could even be something offered as an add-on or in-game acquired item. Groups could wager in-game gold, etc. They'll probably come up with a siege mode soon that would work for that purpose as well.

They could use the Hunger Dome game play as a model for player controlled PvP matches within a given EK. That could even be something offered as an add-on or in-game acquired item. Groups could wager in-game gold, etc. They'll probably come up with a siege mode soon that would work for that purpose as well.

Love the battleground idea.  Wager gold, start naked (as we currently are) and keep your gear / gold if you live until the end.  There would definitely need to be a system to control this though as we wouldn't want people to make secret HD's and just use it as a way to get cheap gear.

IC/Founding Member - Team X Gaming

• 4 weeks later...

Love the battleground idea.  Wager gold, start naked (as we currently are) and keep your gear / gold if you live until the end.  There would definitely need to be a system to control this though as we wouldn't want people to make secret HD's and just use it as a way to get cheap gear.

Here is one possible solution to this concern: Make any gear in the Arena battle need to be purchased by someone in an administrative position in that EK. Like the King/Queen. What I mean is that any gear mobs are carrying would need to be purchased by the EK ruler ahead of time. Then, of course, the EK ruler would almost surely require arena participants buy a ticket to compete.

Another possible solution: Gear only lasts as long as the arena match, then disappears.

• 2 months later...

I like the idea of EK only abilities being attached to CW rare items or vessels, that would make you the go to guy for a trial by combat scenario. I think EKs should embrace the ridiculous parts of fantasy. Which inspire you to take to the dregs in order to come back to the EK with some new rare ability or skin. With EKs being persistent you combine these skills overtime to create unique archetypes, like a Mistborn coinshot able to interact with surrounding metals.

I also think it would be amazing if in CW with extreme effort you could summon a random EK thrall. Since controlling a thrall is difficult, the greater the thrall is the more wacky importing him/her becomes. The thrall may drop in a forest a good distance away, which will cause you to have to go on a thrall hunt to capture it before a random player stumbles across it.

You would have some say on the specialty of the thrall requested, but that is about it.

Potential Reasons to import a thrall: 

You desperately require a quality siege weapon recipe

You want to purchase a new vessel that sucks less than the vessels located in nearby graveyards.

You require reagents that are only obtainable during a different season of a campaign

The random player who owns the thrall in his/her EK and who is not involved with the campaign world requesting it, will receive some form of reward.

Some ideas:

When trying to make a purchase with an external thrall, you could either purchase items with money at an inflated rate. Or you could barter, where you agree that an item in your inventory will belong to the thrall owner if you win the campaign. You can have a barter rating, that displays the success rate of previous agreements. If you win the campaign then the item would be automatically awarded to the thrall owner if you still have possession of it. This would mark the barter transaction successful. If you lose possession of the item when the campaign ends or unable to export it for any reason, then your barter rating is impacted negatively. All your barter transactions are visible.  What is great about this system is that the owner of the thrall is most likely taking part in another campaign, and doesn't have to be in the EK to take part. So this encourages people to utilize thralls in their EK, even if their EK has little traffic.

Edited by bubbles