Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What happened to the Crowfall subreddit?

Sceyef

A moderator on Reddit was terminated apparently under dubious circumstances. From what I understand, the moderator in question had some involvement in a recent AMA with Jesse Jackson; knowing Reddit's community it's not surprising this particular AMA went sour. The word on the street is this moderator is being used as a scapegoat. 

All heresay, but that's my understanding. 

who runs the CF reddit?

I have no idea... but the crowfall reddit being private now might be related to that protest, or it could be completely unrelated and simply coincidental.

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

I got banned from the Crowfall sub-reddit by a CF mod so good riddance! If I can't use it no one can!!  XD

I have no idea... but the crowfall reddit being private now might be related to that protest, or it could be completely unrelated and simply coincidental.

Pretty ironic seeing as we're talking about mods and disagreements on this thread here: http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/7627-the-crowfall-community/

OQa1xvz.png?1

lol ok.. I wonder if I'll still be able to steal directly from people's inventories.. hrmmm

;)Twitch - Twitter

RIP DOC GONZO

I got banned from the Crowfall sub-reddit by a CF mod so good riddance! If I can't use it no one can!!  XD

Pretty ironic seeing as we're talking about mods and disagreements on this thread here: http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/7627-the-crowfall-community/

The issues that are being protested on reddit are a lot different than what's going on here. 

Skeggold, Skalmold, Skildir ro Klofnir

A moderator on Reddit was terminated apparently under dubious circumstances. From what I understand, the moderator in question had some involvement in a recent AMA with Jesse Jackson; knowing Reddit's community it's not surprising this particular AMA went sour. The word on the street is this moderator is being used as a scapegoat. 

All heresay, but that's my understanding. 

Some reddits are in a blackout right now to protest against certain changes that happened on reddit recently.  Might be why...

Why was this a big thing? Aren't AMA's self hosted? I don't really see how an AMA that wasn't popular could get a mod fired.

lol jamesgoblin liking dem posts

;)

Actually the mod that was fired was over almost all AMA's, she was the community manager and organized most of the AMA's (especially the big celebs) and ran a lot of things.

She was let go with no real reason that anyone knows and on top of that it left a lot of the upcoming AMA's blowing int he wind.

A lot of the subreddits went dark in protest against her being fired.

Jeez...am I the only old timer that never uses Reddit? (I would have never know it was down)

You kids with your rock-n-roll and long hippie hair.

Same.

Reddit's custard trash anyway.

Cannibal Man - Future serial killer

I can't even.  You win, I am done with this part of the discussion.

Why was this a big thing? Aren't AMA's self hosted?

Even if they are, you need someone to dev it & patch it. Also, mods are still necessary since BOTs may always be tricked.

Archived