Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Eren

Respeccing

I did not misunderstand your post, maybe you haven't made a clear suggestion. What I see is that you are asking for a button that practically wipes your character's skills and stats and keeps your name, guild, inventory, etc. How could I misunderstand this? 

So, I disagreed with you. I'd prefer the long way as it reminds me of my Diablo 2 days, which is why I kept playing that game until Diablo 3 came out, which was a failure in my eyes as they removed this feature and did something similar to what you're asking for. 

If I take Diablo as an example, as an old time gamer, I enjoyed the "hardcore aspect" of it, as in I liked having to restart my character from scratch. When they did Diablo 3, it felt like they dumbed it down to make it more appealing for the casual players, the ones that were playing World of Warcraft. So, as a old and hardcore player, I got bored fast as it was just too easy

In terms of the design process; they could easily have a save feature for your character's appearance, games like Eve Online do it. The name wouldn't be an issue as you would still have access to your name if you did the process straight away since it gets deleted from their database. I see no problems with joining the same guild and retrieving items from a bank; what's that? 2-3 actions most that you may have to perform? Sure, you may have to wait to get confirmation to re-join the guild, but then it's easier for the guild master to control their group this way. 

You may think it can be done easily in a code, but it's easier to have these things separate because if something breaks, it's easier to find the error then. If I have everything bunched up into one button which is performing multiple actions at a time then in code wise, it's very time-consuming to locate and find the bug. 

How come its harder to locate the bug? The actions will be seperate still. Regardless the fact a button automatically does all these things. IDE does not show simple reports such as "button crashed". It shows everything in exact detail.  Crash --> Button ---> ButtonAction line57 and so on. And there is also debugging tools.I can show you some errors if you are curious

Diablo 3 never did anything similiar to what im asking at all.

Saving your characters appearance might even be harder than what im suggesting here. Chance level value to 0 , Chance exp value to 1 , Reset talent list. Tadaa. Talent part might not be so simple but this is basically it.

Just show me which part in this process is "hardcore". Instead of repeating this thing 10 times im just asking for a button that does exact same with single click.

Move inventory to bank --> Delete char ---> Open new one with name and appearance ---> Join same campaign ---> Join same guild ---> retrive items from bank

You keep mentioning difficulty of diablo 2, chances of failing your character and dumbing down games to appeal casuals. What does any of these has to do with this suggestion?

Edited by Eren

Honestly, never-mind, I can see you're really intent to having your suggestion come true, would explain why you try to counter every negative opinion about it. I just wanted to share my disagreement with you and that's it. I'm not in a mood to argue over something that hasn't been or won't even be announced for the the game. I just said I disagreed, but either you're stubborn as a mule or you don't care about other people's opinions. If you think it won't dumb down the game by having an easy, cheap way of re-doing your character, then okay, I already put in my two cents about your suggestion. Diablo was an example of dumbing down a game that I disliked, nothing else. 

Honestly, never-mind, I can see you're really intent to having your suggestion come true, would explain why you try to counter every negative opinion about it. I just wanted to share my disagreement with you and that's it. I'm not in a mood to argue over something that hasn't been or won't even be announced for the the game. I just said I disagreed, but either you're stubborn as a mule or you don't care about other people's opinions. If you think it won't dumb down the game by having an easy, cheap way of re-doing your character, then okay, I already put in my two cents about your suggestion. Diablo was an example of dumbing down a game that I disliked, nothing else. 

I respect if you disagree, thats completely fine. However i argue if you give reasons. Such as code-difficulty or dumbing down something. Re-doing a character is just pressing buttons for continious 5 munites, there is no challange of difficulty in it so i see no reason why they shouldnt decrease that process to single button. If its dumbing down difficulty than im aganist it aswell , but i dont think it is.

Diablo wise, they dumbed down the difficulty and complexity. Which is something most probably all of us hated.

D2 was interesting. could you mess up a character, yes, but there were character editors as well. There was offline mode too. This was before wiki's, forums and what not so you had to experiment with everything.

Considering we have 13 archetypes at launch with 3 Promotions and 6 character slots, having a reset button outside of a campaign would be a quality of life help. I assume CF will have unique names (I really hope we don't). There is the possibility of losing your name when you recreate.

@zero2non

How can you proclaim hardcore choices with promotion selection but want infinite basic ammo? Infinite ammo is no different than wanting a reset button on a character.

Edited by jetah

etDenA9.png
Camaraderie ~ Loyalty ~ Honor ~ Maturity ~ Integrity ~ Duty

Infinite ammo is no different than wanting a reset button on a character.

This is the part where I realized that I was dealing with a madman.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

Making mistakes is part of the game... and is something that a lot of games lack.

Make a gimped build? Delete toon and start over.

Oh and Im sure they have something to reclaim cosmetics you purchased.

Make a gimped build? Just keep the training going and replace the skill points over time after maxing out diminishes kick in. 

Just keep fighting away, and laugh as you kill people using a gimped build. 

Remember, cannon fodder is needed. 

"Lawful Good does not always mean Lawful Nice."

D2 was interesting. could you mess up a character, yes, but there were character editors as well. There was offline mode too. This was before wiki's, forums and what not so you had to experiment with everything.

Considering we have 13 archetypes at launch with 3 Promotions and 6 character slots, having a reset button outside of a campaign would be a quality of life help. I assume CF will have unique names (I really hope we don't). There is the possibility of losing your name when you recreate.

@zero2non

How can you proclaim hardcore choices with promotion selection but want infinite basic ammo? Infinite ammo is no different than wanting a reset button on a character.

Because I hated carrying arrows in Diablo 2 as an Amazon. And, I believe I said in that thread that I was torn between what to agree with because I liked both aspects of it; not wasting time and space on arrows but enjoying the ability to craft arrows and possibly out-arrow you're opponents. I'm allowed to like some things and not others... 

Edited by zero2none

Unique names was one of the big reasons, however it does not concern me since i have that Kickstarter perk of reserving unique character name